Wed 7pm - Canberra vs Perth

Fri 7pm - Bendigo vs Perth

Sat 6pm - Townsville vs Melbourne
Sat 7pm - Southside vs Adelaide

Sun 5pm - Canberra vs Sydney (Foxtel)

Topic #46761 | Report this topic

Lynxonian  
Years ago

If it wasn't already, tonight's loss is surely the end of the A Stewart reign of failure...

Reply #788202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has to be. Year after year of seemingly the biggest budget in the league with no results delivered. No development of young talent either. Time for the starfish to make a change.

Reply #788229 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I suspect there will be a change too, but I don't think last night was particularly influential. Lynx actually played OK I thought, but the Caps were just hitting shots at an amazing clip. When Tolo is raining perimeter 2s on you all night there's not much you can do.

I'm surprised they kept Griffin on the court after the lead blew out. That seemed like a risky move, but she looked good. Canberra are going to take some stopping now that their role players are contributing and their stars are getting healthy.

Reply #788239 | Report this post

hope  
Years ago

I think the writing is on the wall for Andy and from rumors he knows it and is going to step down after this year before he is asked to.
Key will be keeping Katie,lauren, Whittle and payne i would think and then get some good imports around that which they didnt get this year although you would think we would have with the two chosen.

Reply #788316 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Whittle, 18 points for 18 mins play............imagine if he actually used her correctly.

Reply #788348 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

She's done nothing most of the year

Reply #788350 | Report this post

Cranks  
Years ago

That is not true her points production verses min has been very good I don't know what games you are watching.
She doesn’t do a lot wrong to be honest, hustles hard takes smart shots contests the boards and is a good team player not sure what more she can do. More consistent than Payne but I like her too

Reply #788401 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I've been very happy with Whittle this season. IMO she has grown as a player over this fairly short space of time, and fitted in well despite often being required to play out of position due to McGee-Stafford being unavailable for most of the season. I'd love to have her back next season.

Reply #788429 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

What was the Cunningham/Rocci incident that someone got fined for? Some people on Twitter very upset about it but the league didn't even identify who got fined.

Reply #788653 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What was the Cunningham/Rocci incident that someone got fined for? Some people on Twitter very upset about it but the league didn't even identify who got fined.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/allen-eyes-wnbl-finals-as-recovery-continues-20200124-p53uje.html

dont blame them for being unhappy about it, sure Cunningham fouled, but refs missed the one before that were Rocci hacked at Cunningham and wiped her out, Cunningham was returning the favour
Interesting article though, Allen praising Beck as a good PG, she struggles more than Conti and makes terrible decisions

Reply #788779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754