Jack Toft
Years ago

Hawks v Kings Jan 24

Indigenous round continues with the Kings visiting Dharawal country.

Everyone is lining up to take advantage of the Hawks. The Hawks have had an absolutely caning of late on and off the court. Their season is one to forget, but one of the highlights was smashing their big brother last time they played in the Gong. Can they do it again?, or will Sydney be like a truck without brakes coming down the Escarpment and smash them like a Millennial smashes their avo on toast.

Hawks are zip and 5 going into this contest. Perhaps they need to head to /roastme to have some fun to brighten their day.

The Kings on the other hand are not quite full strength, a bit like modern Australian beer. But even so they should take care of business tonight. The Bogieman will do enough to get the job done. The Bogieman is not the messiah, he's just a naughty boy.

Kings by (pick a number)

Topic #46772 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra have beaten Cairns three times and Sydney one from two and both sides should play finals, now that doesn't make sense. I’d say kings should win this easy, as the pressure from the two injured players who should not be to far away will make Sydney hungry and all players playing for spots and time. Blanchfield played well last time against the kings, can he do it again, certainly with aboriginal round taking place you would think so and if a few step up it could be a lot harder than it looks.

Kings by 9 at a guess.

Reply #788427 | Report this post

Sydney by 20.
Hawks are rubbish.

Reply #788428 | Report this post

Feno  
Years ago

Any injuries ?

Reply #788432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Blanchfield played well last time against the kings, can he do it again, certainly with aboriginal round taking place you would think so"

I don't see the connection here.

Reply #788434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"or will Sydney be like a truck without brakes coming down the Escarpment"

I couldn't fix your brakes so I made the horn louder!!!

Reply #788435 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

Slight correction, Jack - "The inaugural Indigenous Round begins on January 29th."

You're a Round early :)

Reply #788455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are playing aboriginal round tonight I believe, Blanchfield is aboriginal.

Reply #788457 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

Must be moving it around a bit to suit the teams - which is reasonable.

Reply #788458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aboriginal round....

Reply #788462 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm expecting Abercrombie to have a good one on Saturday @ Perth

Reply #788464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sydney by 26

Reply #788471 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

As this is the only game tonight, really hoping it is close somewhat.

Doubt it will happen though. Kings by 25.

Reply #788500 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Feno
A few hours ago

"Any injuries ?"

I haven't heard anything about when Hobson and Anderson return for Hawks but I do wonder what Kings will choose to do with Bogut given they back up again in 2-days.

Reply #788501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hawks are playing aboriginal round tonight I believe, Blanchfield is aboriginal."

Since when?

Reply #788518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Birth if correct.::)))

Reply #788520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its indigenous round so it includes our Maori friends from NZ.

Reply #788521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been following Blanchfield's career since his early QBL days and this is the first I've heard that he is Aboriginal. I must have been living under a rock :)

Reply #788524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings playing crap.

Reply #788526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow this is new. The kings running into screens and acting like they have been hit by a truck

Reply #788530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now this commentary team making happy. Reasonable game, Heal much better on the sideline.

Reply #788531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The commentary team much better and more balanced tonight. No yelling for no reason, good sound team.

Reply #788534 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Hi all. Hopefully no 4th quarter fade out tonight from the Kings

Reply #788535 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

King's look old! Tate the only one that has a spring in his step

Reply #788538 | Report this post

Dan & Mody  
Years ago

"The commentary team much better and more balanced tonight" If they bought in a chimpanzee, cactus in a pot and a google home it would be better than last night

Reply #788539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They talk up the hawks young players but I'm not convinced there nbl level. Dech probably, certainly a bench player but not a starter and Glover shows some ability. The rest not much except the odd flash here and there. Blanchfield plays to many minutes for what he achieves. Hawks got chase quality imports, starting at the point guard, monster athletic five man and probably a four or three man that plays D as well as scores. Get rid Boone, Coenrads, Anderson and current import.

Kings win on Sunday should get minor premiership even if beaten in Perth. Both Lisch and Moller on sideline so probably close to being back.

Reply #788540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech is going to be an absolute gun player I reckon. He is young and only just starting to get real exposure.

Reply #788547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech unconvinced.
Boone broke.
Anderson way past broke.
AJ Nah
Glover undecided
Naar naaaar
Grida naaaar
Froling soft with potential
Coenraad good but old
Blanchfield ditto

Ball is still in town? Go home please

I saw the Hawks coaching staff and they had 4 Asst coaches
No wonder why
They nothing except debt

Reply #788551 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"The commentary team much better and more balanced tonight. No yelling for no reason, good sound team."

Yes, they were all guys who had genuine regard and interest in the sport and league and it rubs off as a good product that way (plus not extremely irritable to sit through). Commentary as though viewers are hanging out for the Harlem Globetrotters or looking for a buzz from witty rhyming and game of the century style commentary just says 'crap product' to me.

Reply #788569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the Hawks coaching staff and they had 4 Asst coaches
No wonder why
They nothing except debt

What?

Reply #788572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for agreeing with me. I missed a word even you should be able to work that out. Thay have nothing except debt. Happy now?

Reply #788573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the previous sentence? No wonder why... What does that mean?

Reply #788578 | Report this post

First time I have seen Hobson resemble an NBL player.
It is scary how strong Sydney can be at full strength, 6 players in double figures and three more Cooks, Bogut and Bruce all played well.
Add Moller and Lisch to this mob and it would take a choke for them to not win the title.

Reply #788580 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Choke, or crumble

Reply #788589 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Which they will.

Perth to win it again.

Reply #788590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next weekend will give us some indication of kings ability, win in Perth and it's game on, lose and it might be see you later.

Reply #788599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754