Jack Toft
Years ago

Cats v Breakers Jan 25

Lots at play today. Cats still dreaming of a minor premiership and the Breakers dreaming of a top 4 finish. Both looking for the meaning of life.

The Breakers (11/12) have had a pretty good last month or so to put pressure on this in the race for the top, but have had a shocking season on the road (4&7) with many of those wins coming recently. Just when the machine that goes ping was wheeled out, they came back to life. They have won 7 of their last 9 to signal to the rest of the comp that they are just there for their looks.

The Cats will control the tempo of this game from the start and make this a classic Perth-New Zealand game. This game should have more fire than the Gallagher brothers at a dinner party with Patsy Kensit sitting between them. Perth have won both times they have played this season, but both games have been low scoring affairs.

But tonight the Cats offer their guests a wafer thin mint. Cats by 6.

Topic #46778 | Report this topic

Should be a cracker game.
Perth with a single digit win

Reply #788579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm think Perth win this. But Breakers have won most of their games recently where id thought they’d lose. And they demolished Melbourne. It wasnt uncompetitive either in their other games although Hopson was absent. Ultimately, Perth are the likely winners < 5 but there is a very good chance Breakers steal this.

Reply #788591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Plumdog can stay in the game for 20+ minutes today.

Reply #788592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumdog Multi-millionaire will last as long as NZ let him. The guy can't help swinging and reaching at everything.

Reply #788593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will want this and get it. First place on the line and Perth want it.

Reply #788601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see Perth losing this... but it would make things interesting if they did!

Reply #788603 | Report this post

Perth will win just hope Plum has a good game.

Reply #788607 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Taking on Perth tonight with Breakers at 4.60 & +8.5. They're a much more realistic chance than that IMO despite the away factor.

Reply #788634 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats would be good with Jason Cadee

Reply #788646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Perth Wildcats good actually really help the breakers. If the Perth Wildcats drop this game but then when the remainder of their games then the breakers will probably make the play-offs.

Reply #788649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another game, another mute the commentary!

Reply #788655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeeeeeeeeeks

Reply #788656 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That FT airball from Plumlee competing with Jordan Hunter's FT in NZ last week for worst attempt of the season.

Reply #788658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm certain Perth players take diving lessons, first Norton with the swan and then flopstaff with the backwards dive.

Homicide who has told us all season that no one is going to stop Long is now on the Plumlee train.

Reply #788659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth should go back to jacking threes no reward for putting heat on the rim

Reply #788660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enzed looking good

Reply #788661 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Loving the arc on the Delaney 3s!

Reply #788663 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Correction Delany.

Reply #788664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee makes the Wildcats much better, no doubt. But Homicide saying no 5 in the league can stop him is a joke. Bogut will monster Plummer. If I was Shamir and Majok was available, if we've got five fouls and Plumlee’s on the court I’m fouling him as soon as he touches the ball rather than let Perth run a good set and Cotton or White or Kay get good looks.

Reply #788665 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Idiot.
Have you watched Bogut this season? He's so cooked they're having to give him games off. A great battle no doubt, but Plums is significantly younger than Bogut, and it shows. He will have the legs.

Reply #788666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico looked uninterested and underutilized lately. All he does is stand on the perimeter waiting for a pass.

Reply #788667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plum is great for the Wildcats, but he won't be back next season. They need to win now.

Reply #788668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz leading with the unnecessary personal insults as usual. Its such a pleasure to have him among us.

Reply #788670 | Report this post

Dan & Mody  
Years ago

Commentators love Perth. Breakers drain a 3 = silence. Plumlee gets a lay up = orgasm

Reply #788671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth coaching staff have to be the biggest whingers in NBL

Reply #788672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frequent flyer miles
Nice one cats twitter

Reply #788675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico plays the Mr. Cool and apparently he will light it up in the finals.... Shouldnt he be playing at 100% every game?

Reply #788677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Have you watched Bogut this season?"

Yes. And he will monster Plumlee. Long and Space Cam will also play well against him.

Reply #788678 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

"Plumlee makes the Wildcats much better, no doubt. But Homicide saying no 5 in the league can stop him is a joke. Bogut will monster Plummer. If I was Shamir and Majok was available, if we've got five fouls and Plumlee's on the court I’m fouling him as soon as he touches the ball rather than let Perth run a good set and Cotton or White or Kay get good looks.

This is what should happen

Reply #788679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That cotton dunk attempt was hilarious

Reply #788680 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Delaney needed to let that fly.

Reply #788681 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

How the hell do you screw up like that?!?

Reply #788682 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow NZB somehow don't even get a shot off for the walk-off win. Yesssss.

Reply #788683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahahaha wtf

Reply #788684 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Jordan ngatai you idiot

Shamir what was he doing out there?

Reply #788685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems the basketball gods agreed nzb fouled, stopped them from even taking a shot, somehow.

Reply #788686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton is real hit or miss. Sometimes makes the right play other times makes some serious mistakes like that inbound which almost cost them the game. When's damo back?

Reply #788687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Breakers should have won that.

Reply #788688 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Plumlee 23 & 17. My man.

Reply #788689 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

I once saw ngatai at the airport with his ear phones on.

I think his whole life he has his air phones on. Shutting the world out

Reply #788690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ashleigh unmarked under the basket and Ngati got stage freight, pass the ball man.

Reply #788691 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

The whole season he has been MIA

Reply #788692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Breakers lost it... Perth didn't win it

Reply #788693 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Breakers should have won that but a win is a win.

11-13 makes it hard to catch Brisbane @ 13-11.

Reply #788694 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Ironically Breakers had a mindset of holding fire all game.

Reply #788695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ngatai is one of those typical newzealanders who gets a game because of the nz culture where they think any maori is a gun even though there is not one good thing in his game. Henare a perfect example. Would not have got a game for any other team because he wasnt good at anything

Reply #788696 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Cats need to sign Plumlee to a new multi year deal NOW!!!!

Reply #788699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep pay him $500k. Perth do it so well. It's a soft cap.

Reply #788701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$500k per month might do it

Reply #788703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth don't sign players, they play for free and the love Gleeson.

Reply #788704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee is on a 4 year/$52 million contract... Do people not realise this?

He is so far beyond NBL level it's laughable

Reply #788706 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Ngatai has been hopeless all year.

He had a rebounder (Ashley) and shat his pants.

He is 3 and d guy who can't play D, or shoot the 3.

For every minute he played this year Rusbatch should have been on the court.

Reply #788708 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"He is 3 and d guy who can't play D"

His D on Roberson late was pretty good.

Reply #788709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plumlee is on a 4 year/$52 million contract... Do people not realise this?"
Yep. And?

Reply #788717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its funny how everyone calls him Roberson because he is so hopeless at getting tech fouls lol

Reply #788718 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I get confused by what appears to be inconsistency.
How was that doul not called unsportsmanlike?? No attempt to play the ball, not even close.
The refs seem to have decided that the rule only applies if you're in the bonus?? But that's not how its written is it??

Reply #788720 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Wonder how many games in the Cotton + White era the cats have won when those 2 combined for < 10 points in the final 3 quarters. I'd guess approximately zero before tonight.

Reply #788721 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ultimately, Perth are the likely winners < 5 but there is a very good chance Breakers steal this.

Accurate.

Reply #788722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the cats pay the salary cap on Plumlee 52 million, the poorer clubs should do well out of it.

Reply #788723 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Great game, good fight by NZ.
Just a bit disappointed in the B team tonight.

And then there's Norton... I rate him, but wish he would stop blinding dribbling into the keyway looking for a foul. We need Damo back, so that Norton doesn't have to play 27.5 minutes when he's struggling, and so that we don't have to play the kids as backup PGs.

And whilst Plums had an incredible game, its just sad that his great start seemed to depress Jook. We need those two combining for 40 awesome minutes.

Reply #788724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz out here worried about Majoks feelings. Haha

Reply #788727 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

Norton continues his Kamikaze plays driving into three defenders late in the last quarter. Not a hope of scoring. Result is a turnover and 3 down the other end...5 point turnaround in a close game.

If just hope he is not the chosen one to replace Martin in years to come. Would rather see him leave than be the No 1 PG.

Reply #788729 | Report this post

Nathan Rover  
Years ago

Vodka 63 - I don't agree with Norton. Lots of players are making errors. Norton brings to game what the novice and stats don’t show. He doesn’t have many players score on him. Think your comments are not justified.

Reply #788732 | Report this post

Nathan Rover  
Years ago

Norton - hit and miss. Might want to listen to the post game Trev took responsibility for that play. He had no one to pass too, if he didn't throw it in it would have been breakers ball with time for them to set something up, way worse. I heard Trev say he was impressed with Norton he has a sore throat and hasn’t been well for days. Looking at it, Breakers made a run when he was sitting on the bench. Sorry clearly a Norton Fan, but I think he is unfairly judged. He is very unselfish, understands his role. Yes - makes errors but so does everyone.

Reply #788735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Norton better than Martin. He is in retirement zone

Reply #788742 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Norton generally does well, and I like that he's more offensively aggressive than Martin, but the crazy charges when he hasn't got a hope of scoring are wearing thin. Especially since the refs are awake to it and don't gift him the foul. In those circumstances he needs to be able to dish, which means a bit more forethought.

I don't mind if he becomes the starting PG, but we need a better backup plan for when Damo retires.

Reply #788746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be shocked if Plumlee returns next season. Seems to be fitting in nicely and really enjoying himself.

There was a good article a couple of weeks ago where he talks about why he signed with Perth. Has absolutely nothing to do with money. He just wanted to get back playing basketball, be on a good team with good team mates, win games and get back to having fun again.

Seems like a genuinely good guy with a similar mindset and approach to the NBL like Cotton had.

Reply #788750 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It makes sense considering whatever we're paying him would be a pittance compared to his NBA Salary.

I can also imagine, whilst the cash is nice, it must be a bit of a downer to be traded to a team who's only taking you because cutting you will cost less than the guy they traded out.

Reply #788751 | Report this post

Nathan Rover  
Years ago

Didn't see Norton take a charge last night or the last couple of games. I don’t know why his team mates keep him out of the scoring loop. Kid can score and shoot the 3 ball. You would think they would want to keep his confidence up heading in to finals. As for the drives, and charges that used to be his bread and butter. If it’s done right good idea gets the bigs in foul trouble. Like this team - Norton may had a hard night at the office but not the only one Mr T 2pts.

Reply #788754 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ could have should have may have but in the end they didn't.
Perth are top two for a reason and NZ showed they aren’t going to roll over.
Making the 4 was a big ask before this game and an even bigger task now. Even if they come up short the second half of the season has been great to watch and they’ve played some decent ball.
Delany, Abercrombie & Weeks play as locals has been uplifting and Hopson is a keeper.

Reply #788761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its funny how everyone calls him Roberson because he is so hopeless at getting tech fouls lol

I get it!

Reply #788764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough loss for Breakers. Ashley played great. I hope he comes back next season.

Bullets are basically a lock for playoffs now.

Reply #788768 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Them and Cairns both probably need to win two more. On current form they look good, but a bit of work to do yet.

Reply #788780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are a lot of plumlee doubters with major egg on their face today.

Reply #788783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think there were many Plumlee doubters to begin with.

Reply #788787 | Report this post

I hope Plumlee comes back next season.

Reply #788790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing rumors that if Cotton can get his citizenship, Perth would go after Deshon Taylor in the role of Damian Martin (retiring) . Cotton and Taylor are close, Cotton & Gleeson gave him a lot of praise after the 3 games of him playing them in preseason

Reply #788798 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

lol yeah I think the only question there ever was with Plumlee is if he'd manage to avoid foul trouble with the way the NBL is called.

Reply #788804 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Even after his low-stat first couple of games, I don't think there were any Plumlee doubters.
Only question mark was his f/t shooting, and that's still an issue.

Reply #788813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton recommended Hunt. Look at how that turned out!

Reply #788820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754