YaBoy
Years ago

Melbourne United’s Key To Success Is Chris Goulding

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/17/chris-goulding-is-melbourne-uniteds-key-to-success/

Topic #46916 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

[The statistics speak for themselves. Chris Goulding has had 11 games where he has scored 20 points or more. This has resulted in nine wins for Melbourne United. In the 12 losses Goulding has been part of this season he has had fewer than 20 point games in ten of them. In a win this year Goulding averages almost 19 points a game (18.9) and in a loss he averages less than 15 points a game. (14.6)]

I'd be interested seeing these stats for Long and Trimble too though.

Trimble’s horrendous stretch was unsurprisingly the same stretch where Melbourne rattled off their losing streak.

Long had 20 and 10 in 9 games - United went 7-2, the only losses being 3 pts vs SEM and 5 pts vs Cairns.

But I agree, on the eye test, when CG43 gets going the whole crowd and the whole vibe lifts.

Agree he is priority re-signing number 1- all NBL teams should re-sign their best Aussies first. They’re harder to replace than imports.

Reply #793593 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Chris Goulding is Clark Kent, CG43 is Superman. CG43 is the key to success.

Reply #793596 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Yep this is obvious!

Long & Trimble aren't winners (empty stats!) and CG43 is! Coach hasn't featured him enough all year but perhaps as he is coaching for his job will get the ball in CG43's hands!

Reply #793603 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I think the opposite way regarding this.

Goulding is a bit of a front runner. In games they are playing well with the lead he puts up scores and puts up numbers. In tough gritty games he doesn't.

I would argue the correlation is he scores in winning games, not that he wins games with scoring.

Reply #793609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch McCarron does everything for them

Reply #793631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except score.

Reply #793633 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

Greggo - I'm tipping you don't watch many MU games

Reply #793713 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

As much as I dislike the guy, the title to this thread is legit. When Goulding plays well, more often than not United win the game. With no Prather they need to be getting the ball to Goulding as much as they can to beat the Kings.

Reply #793862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Key to success at what?
Sydney are going to blow them away

Reply #793872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754