Lions Den
Years ago

Premier League 2020 Postponed due to COV-19...?

With the news coming from teh US of the suspended NBA season due to COV-19 what will the effects be locally? Has anybody heard anything about the potential cancellation of Premier League 2020?

Topic #47026 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this post from Sturt?

Reply #798666 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/news-and-events/news/basketball-south-australia-statement-covid-19

Reply #798667 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

TL;DR

No

Reply #798668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gatherings of more than 1000 so NBL1 Central is well and truly safe

Reply #798696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North might have 1,000

Reply #798983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

500 so responsible thing would be to call it off

anyone with half a brain wouldn't go though

Reply #798999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1000 for an NBL1 game?
Haha.
Not even close. No club has ever even gone close to that.

Reply #799015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 Central get about 200 per game if lucky. The season will start as scheduled

Reply #799022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before advice from BSA or BA (probably inevitable now) Norwood's president has unilaterally decided that all battles his underlings and minions compete in will be cancelled for the weekend.

The supreme ruler spoke to his caliphate this afternoon after consulting heavily with the other regals in the house of his clan. This was completed after calling on expert advice of his newly appointed NBL1 Chiefs and Jordy Wilson.

Some observers have stated that the dictator was in fear of the impending beatings and beheadings coming up on this particular weekend for the clan on the field of battle.

All hail the king.

PS: now we await the experts in the peak sporting bodies to provide a proper assessment.

Reply #799040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood just cancelled All games, juniors, seniors, NBL 1

Reply #799041 | Report this post

COB  
Years ago

If Norwood unilaterally decided to cancel their games then they forfeit and have to pay the consequences.

Reply #799079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Basketball SA cancels junior and senior games in Adelaide after Federal Government announcement"

Reply #799128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Postponed til April 18th at the earliest

Reply #799170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All NBL1 games are live-streamed. Why can't they be played without a crowd?

Reply #799211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood cancelled first because they only have 1 import in the country. That's my guess...

Reply #799247 | Report this post

Lions Den  
Years ago

Looks like I was on the money... Take note haters

Reply #799260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lions Den, we bow towards you, you are the reincarnation of Nostradamus!

Reply #799295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas returning from the USA with virus scare. Whitmore sitting at the airport with big brown paper bag at airport hoping to bring Woodville to the promised land.

Reply #799486 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Talking shit. The season got issues getting off the ground. And you suggesting clubs still recruiting.... clubs have enough to worry about keeping those offered big dollars... need bums on seats... most promising season was looming. South head line act. Panther corner be rocking - starling rock God status.

Reply #799512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Jamie turned up to game and wondered where everyone was? Yep, panther corner rocking alright, sacked by week 6.

Reply #799515 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dont be so petty. whatmore can he do. Assemble very decent squad. Guys arend fools. Clearly impressed by his sales pitch. Ifyou don't think that south crew is serious contenders err you get to be dumber than me.
This season needs to start bring some flair to the panther den. rocks even when team isordinary it be swaying like billy ray cryus mullet on steroids. Breakin nonbelievers hearts. Ă’ooooo yeah.

Reply #799535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^the way you write I seriously doubt anyone can be dumber than you. Unless someone dropped their phone in the monkey enclosure and you taught yourself how to type, in that case you're a very smart ape.
But it does highlight the intelligence of South supporters, so well done. I wonder if you're the president that hired Jamie?

Reply #799538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you do sound pretty dumb. The Panthers have been non-competative for a while now, can see why they are excited.
Still going to be interesting to see how the footballers go against fresh athletes each game. Not so well I imagine.

Reply #799550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All College players will be back early by the looks of it, so with the season postponed clubs will have them available for round 1 rather than mid way through the season! This should certainly help clubs and bump up the talent going around for season kick off.

Reply #799563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only non NCAA1 college players are allowed to play anyway , that doesn't leave many

Reply #799581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering most PL/NBL imports for the last decade have been predominately NCCA D2, NAIA or even JUCO level I would say any college player coming back is effectively a "free import"in this competition.

Reply #799589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep thinking that.

Reply #799593 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ok a couple of typos.i meant you got to be dumb if don't think south have significantly improved their squad. Marion isn't n o t great venue but has character. Never been harder than this season to get a win there. Virus or no virus credit to recruiting team. Shows what positive progressive mindset can do. If don't help yourself nothing changes. New era.

Reply #799596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Shows what positive progressive mindset can do"

It shows what $$$ and players having fallouts at other clubs can do.

Reply #799598 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ok so positive mindset to spend the dollars and take advantage of unrest elsewhere. That's spells smart work to.me. that's be proactive. So you saying spend nothing and ignore opportunities. That's shows your lack of vision.
Door ajar get in. Stealthy Panthers strikes. No more Mr nice guy pussy cats
The panda army is on the moove.. ignore or embrace.

Reply #799888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice troll. Protip: a little subtlety goes a long way.

Reply #799899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The panda army, haha, that is freaking gold and shows what a moron you are!
Never been harder to get a win there, yep, that sums up the home team!
Panda army, ROFL!!!!

Reply #799907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word on the street is Norwood in big trouble finically...LOL can't do easter carnival so no income now.

Reply #800892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less games for Mavs to be embarrassed of now

Reply #800893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever is talking on that street must be illiterate if they believe Norwood is in "finical" trouble.

Reply #800902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You should see letter from Norwood President and you will realise the talk on the street is correct

Reply #800941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had also heard the rumour about Norwood, pretty sure they are not alone. If this lockout continues for 3 to 6 months numerous clubs will be in a lot of trouble.
Clubs could easily lose $30k to $50 k in a blink of an eye. Not all clubs could absorb that. If Winter season gets wiped out for Juniors its gonna be ugly.
How long till clubs start sending Imports home, JDOs being laid off to cut overheads.
Fingers crossed the hoops get started again soon, but cant see it happening knowing we are about to enter the cold winter months.

Reply #800945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports are already heading home

Reply #800948 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sheer crazy season. Well noone season. My error Panda army should be panther army...regardless great squad assembled. Keen for team photo... undefeated season.

Reply #800955 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sheer crazy season. Well noone season. My error Panda army should be panther army...regardless great squad assembled. Keen for team photo... undefeated season.

Reply #800956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^wow, 1st panda army then had to say retraction twice, so so dumb at South!

Reply #800968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only club that has not sent their imports home are Norwood.
Problem is they have 2 coaches that are imports as well.
Too many mouths to feed, terrible decision making to leave them in the country!
This is why they are looking for members to bail them out and pay winter fees and have claimed donations are tax deductible. Are they a charity?

Reply #800986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can a donation to the flames be tax deductible , do they have DGR status

can someone please explain?

Reply #800995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And seeing how a lot of imports supplementary income comes through private coaching and camps, they'd be screwed.
At least above will be correct in regards to Souths undefeated season, on the other hand they wont win a game either.

Reply #801047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe because Norwood can't afford to send them home......

Reply #801086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood asking juniors to pay $70 for 45minute individuals.

Reply #801097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And? Don't pay if it's not worth that much to you.

Reply #801099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ridiculous comment.
Just proving once again how far you Norwood people are removed from the real world.

Not real bright are you?

Reply #801119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How's everyone going with not training, anyone got some interesting ideas?

Any truth to the rumors that some senior and junior teams are still training?

Reply #801120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aren't doing individuals not allowed?

Reply #801129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Additional to above. Otherwise couldn't coaches do 16 individuals at the same time and if those individuals chose to play pickup game afterwards it kind of defeats ban.

Reply #801131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Starling playing footy, if so hows he going. If he is it looks like a genius move now!

Reply #801135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"#099

Ridiculous comment.
Just proving once again how far you Norwood people are removed from the real world."

I'm not a Norwood person, or even a fan of the club. I just don't care for brain-dead comments or troll attempts that are poorly executed.

Not real bright, are you?*

Reply #801141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm not a Norwood person"

Hahaha. You lost all credibility right there.

The only thing poorly executed is you playing grammar nazi and adding a comma to my question.

First day on the internet champ? Have fun with it.

Hope your Flames can survive.

Reply #801147 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tell me whyflames won't survive. Other clubs are in same positions.

Reply #801158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay 147. Keep doing you, King.

Reply #801162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Imports still here

Reply #801172 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

$75 for 45 minutes geez. Explains why so many Norwood kids are training at other clubs individuals.

Reply #801186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling is based here genius

Reply #801188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly "Anon". Once again trying to rip off their juniors.

Careful though, as you can see above, they're kind of sensitive about it.

Reply #801223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is sensitive?

Reply #801229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noticed that GTM held a clinic today with a number of kids, would assume parents gave permission but is Rashad being reckless going against BSA and their decision to ban training? Will get interesting if any kids are positive,there goes season for sure!

Reply #801233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GTM is run for Profit. Interesting that the private profit driven competitions and clinics were/are the last to be called off.

Reply #801235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the reasons I assume bsa called off official competitions and training was insurance reasons. Strongly doubt GTM has insurance, or if they do they are breaching it by blatantly holding a training. If individuals choose to workout together that's their problem but an unorganized event is so so wrong. As I said, if one of those kids come down with it and involved in district, expect no winter season. Parents that allowed this as well are totally irresponsible. Way different to school with social spacing being breached just by the nature of competing and drills. But dollars over common sense.

Reply #801240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And just noticed KB is doing the same thing with emphasis on social distance. Spose when you haven't got a job for next year you take anything.

Reply #801242 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

As I said, if one of those kids come down with it and involved in district, expect no winter season.
I would say at this point that there is nothing anyone can do to increase the chances of the winter season being canceled.

Reply #801243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, but there's a slim chance with measures put in there might be a chance of a 1 round season maybe, even if there's 2 games a week. Theoretically it could be under a 3 month season. But with the proper flu season approaching it's unlikely. But any cases, especially due to basketball activities it's zero chance.

Reply #801249 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There's more chance of a delayed NBL season than a delayed winter domestic/rep/semi-pro season.

Reply #801256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else having trouble getting their money back from Norwood for their cancelled Easter tournament, seems very weird?

Reply #802870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it weird. No income coming in from fees or domestic league. Have to be paying coach and CJ to be here, plus Rojos salary. Just my opinion but can see Norwood to be big casualty and bankrupt after all of this. Again, my opinion, but they relied heavily on their domestic league, huge fees plus the Easter tournament so losing all of that their backs will be against wall after budgeting for that income. Of course other clubs will be hit, but not as badly as the flames.

Reply #802889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

889, why would they be paying Rojo a salary?

Reply #802948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be wrong, but was on a 2 year contract as coach and jdo, sacked him with over year to go so I believe they're still paying him decent money. That's why before the virus they didn't have jdo, no money in kitty for them. That's why I think they're in trouble. Paying him, losing a lot from Easter tournament and local league, their cash cows, and highest fees in state, often for inferior gyms and facilities.
Don't think the government will pay for paying out contract. Hmmm, if only there was an extraordinary general meeting to ask these questions.

Reply #802955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754