Joe
Years ago

AJC 2020

I've seen a few posts tonight about AJC about not going ahead this year. I thought I jade read on BA it was postponed. Anyone know anything?

Topic #47382 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard that a decision will be made by BA by July 15. There’s plenty of whispers floating around about potential venues but given what has happened this year, you’d think that the 16 & 18 Nationals will be called off in line with other tournaments.

Reply #811169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard that a decision will be made by BA by July 15. There’s plenty of whispers floating around about potential venues but given what has happened this year, you’d think that the 16 & 18 Nationals will be called off in line with other tournaments.

Reply #811170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard it will most likely be canceled. With everything going on at the moment would be quite silly to try squeeze it in.

Reply #811171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was all steam ahead for 16s and 18s until the 2nd wave in Victoria

Reply #811179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA being based in Melbourne all but assures there will be no nationals this year and at this rate you would have to say 20s and 18s in 2021 are in doubt already too

Reply #811183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can it go ahead without Vic Metro?

Reply #811201 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think you will find other states may have pulled out also. The world doesn't revolve around VM

Reply #811206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmation today from BQ thats nationals are gone

Reply #811219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does that mean school nationals also cancelled?

Reply #811220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everything gone - 20s in February also highly unlikely with 18s in April at this stage very tentative. If this thing spreads up the entire east coast as it is threatening to do, then we could see two to three years of no nationals. That's not exaggerating people that is a genuine outcome at this point.

Reply #811250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://basketballvictoria.com.au/australian-junior-championships-cancelled-for-2020/

Reply #811262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re 2020 Australian Schools' Championships, BA appears not to have yet decided if that will be cancelled or not. Their latest statement on this event was back on 7 May:

"A final decision on the staging of the event will be made no later than 31 August, 2020."

See https://australia.basketball/blog/2020/05/07/australian-school-championships-covid-19-update/

Reply #811493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its getting worse on the Eastern Seaboard not better, any WA or SA schools should cease fundraising now because Schools is definitely not going to go ahead. At this rate we will be lucky to have any nationals at all before 16s at Warwick over in the West scheduled for next July.

Reply #811621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754