Isaac
Years ago

Brandon Ingram named NBA's Most Improved

A first-time NBA All-Star selection in his fourth season, the 22-year-old Ingram becomes the first player to win the Kia NBA Most Improved Player Award with New Orleans. The annual award is designed to honor an up-and-coming player who has made a dramatic improvement from the previous season or seasons.

Ingram received 42 first-place votes from a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters and earned 326 total points. He edged Miami Heat center-forward Bam Adebayo, who finished in second place with 295 points (38 first-place votes). Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Dončić finished in third place with 101 points (12 first-place votes).
Then Tatum and Devonte Graham.

Ingram's stats last season were 18/5/3 with the Lakers, to 24/6/4 with the Pelicans.

Bam went from 9/7/2 to 16/10/5, though added 10 MPG. Doncic was 21/8/6 as a rookie and then 29/9/9 this season.

Topic #47592 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

HTF can Lukic not get it, had a good season last year but raised it to superstar level this year. Ingram is deserving but Luka has had an MVP calibre year.

Reply #816512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luka in top 5 NBA players conversation

Reply #816514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luka increased 8/1/3
Bam increased 7/3/3
Ingram increased 6/1/1

I know that's a basic way of looking at it but Ingram’s increase isn’t really substantial..

Reply #816516 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

I would've picked Adebayo.

Reply #816517 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I would have ranked them Luka-Bam-Ingram. Even ignoring the post-season heroics, Luka went from good to great, Bam and Ingram both went from mediocre (mediocre+ for Bam) to good. A lot harder to make that Luka jump.

Reply #816553 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

No love for Jaylen Brown? he really stepped up for Boston this season as well, thought he would have at least been in the conversation.

Reply #816559 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah Brown is a good candidate also, especially after a disappointing season last year. I'd probably have him #2 to Luka, then Bam.

Reply #816561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754