robt
Years ago

QBL Round 7: Predictions

Draw and expectations:

Friday:
USC Ripcity v Sunshine Coast Phoenix. Phoenix by lots.

Saturday:
Ipswich Force v USC Ripcity. Force by less.
North Gold Coast Seahawks v Logan Thunder. Logan by 10.
Gold Coast Rollers v Brisbane Capitals. Rollers very up and down, Caps by 15.
Southern Districts Spartans v Toowoomba Mountaineers. Spartans by plenty.
South West Metro Pirates v Northside Wizards. Pirates by 10ish.

Sunday:
Toowoomba Mountaineers v Red City Roar. Roar will purrrr to victory.

[I will only use nicknames from now on]

The current ladder reads; Roar, Caps Spartans, Force, Phoenix Pirates, Mountaineers, Rollers, Wizards, Rip, Thunder and Seahawks.

Let's see what happens. Any other thoughts?

Topic #47641 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this men?

Reply #817411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QSL actually.

Reply #817412 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Yes, to both above! Thanks.

Reply #817415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Toowoomba will be missing a few of their Sudanese players.

For the next handful of years at least.

Reply #817445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elaborate please

Reply #817446 | Report this post

Dell  
Years ago

Just one player.

Reply #817447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please dont get it confused with a real competition!

Reply #817450 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Please dont get it confused with a real competition!

Yep, majority of teams are like domestic level, with a few players thrown in that do all the work
Good for their individual stats I suppose, but when you take account for their opposition it's not really saying a lot, the women in particular
But at least they are playing which is more than any other state can do

Reply #817487 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Well, I got the 1st predict right (damn!). Turned out be a better game than I expected. Yes, Rip lost by 20 (80/100) but after trailing by 28 points deep in the the 3rd q, Rip had a go at a massive turn-around and got back to within 6 with 5:19 left to play. That's as good as it got but it (the small mercy) was fun while it lasted. Izzy Tueta did play and was great down that come-back stretch. He recorded stats of 21 pts, 7rebs + 8 asts. For Phoenix, Jamal Robateau kept pace with Izzy with his contribution of 23, 8 + 4. Nelson Kahler had a rebounding night he'll not forget in his lifetime, probably. Along with his 19 pts @ 69% he amassed 28 rebounds. As a team, Phoenix won the rebound count 63 to Rip's 38.

Please, if you read this remember that I want to hear about your teams and games you went to or at least know a bit about. It's not hard to turn out this tripe but if others want some news, I'm all for it and want some too (bigggg smile)>

Reply #817531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait Logan by only 10? What am I missing?

Reply #817538 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Tact!

Reply #817540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rest seem accurate. That is about 40 points wrong!

Reply #817542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like RIP to get up today, Phoenix were not a good matchup for them at all with Tueta in will go close.

Reply #817552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Respectfully, Rip will do well to come within 15-20 of Ipswich.

Game last night was over by halftime, Phoenix put the cue in the rack and coasted after that. It is what it is.

Ipswich will be hungry for a win to stay in reach of a top 4 finish. Sobey's not going to let his team lose.

Reply #817557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you watched the game Phoenix struggled after they went to the zone, obviously were too small to go with Phx man to man.

On the other hand Ipswich outside of Sobey don't have much that excite me, if they do win no way will it be double digits.

Reply #817559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way will it be double digits you say?

Reply #817564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My apologies, hate to admit when Im wrong but was way off last night. Good win for Ipswich.

What is going on in Logan thats the real question, stacked team scraping past the cellar dwellers

Reply #817576 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Saturday's Results and thoughts.

Ipswich Force v USC Ripcity. Force by less. (104 - 72)
Said that this loss would be better than Fridays'. It wasn't. Same start as Friday's game where RIP started 0 - 10 down and struggled just to keep the margin from blowing out. I could blame Sobey for the hurt but the truth is the whole team were hell-bent on destroying us. Sobey had: 32pts @ 52%, 7 boards and 4 asts. Bishop, with 19, 9 + (only) 1 ast. Ghee and Poulain also had 17 and 14 pts and Poulain with 13 boards, as well. Izzy was good (22, 4 and 5) for Rip before fouling out and Louie and Ty made double figures. Once again, Rip were smashed on the rebound count.'Nuff said on that one.

North Gold Coast Seahawks v Logan Thunder. Logan by 10. (70 - 85)
I actually agreed with the comment: "Wait Logan by only 10? What am I missing?" I was, in fact closer that I thought, (hence, my answer of "Tact!")
So, what's with Logan? They are better than that so Seahawks, like us (Rip), will take heart from a "small" loss. Interesting too, that where-as Logan had their win through mainly their starters, Seahawks spread their minutes over their whole roster. So value from the loss, worries from the win.

Gold Coast Rollers v Brisbane Capitals. Rollers very up and down, Caps by 15. (61 - 79).
I see the Caps as one of the top rosters for this season. Their stars are their stars (Cadee, Goldfinch and Bairstow) but they are genuinely 6 to 7 deep. With the overall, low scores and with the shooting %'s at 30 and 36, seems to have been a very defensive encounter (or poor offence from both teams???)

Southern Districts Spartans v Toowoomba Mountaineers. Spartans by plenty. (127 - 74).
Spartans boasted 7 players in double-figure pts scored, and 2 others with ONLY 9 (the result being that the Spartan's bench scored the Mountaineers 45 pts to 7). Hunter was a standout for the losing team with 28 pts. For the winners, Dalton put up 35 pts @ 71% and grabbed 11 rebounds.

South West Metro Pirates v Northside Wizards. Pirates by 10ish. (93 - 82).
I am impressed with the Wizards. For a club that has not competed at this level for the last 3 years has been at least competitive so far. An 11 points loss against a seasoned (although, not nearly at full strength either), Pirates' outfit. Kerle was the game-high scorer with 32 pts and 7 rebs, Krebbs added 23 with 10 assists, and Hodgson with a lazy 11 pts and 11 rebs in 18 mins. Thew had 26 pts and 10 boards and Ringholt with 16 were the only Wizards in double figures.

Mountaineers v Roar this afternoon (Sunday): (my predict,) Roar by a very big margin.

Reply #817578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Rip score more than Spartans did last night is the big question.

Reply #817582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Red City score more sorry. Not RIP.

Reply #817583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754