Cram
Years ago

Anyone else playing NBA2K21?

Has anyone started playing this?

I've just gotten a switch as my first console since the ps3 and, while i was never a good gamer, this game is kicking my arse even on rookie (in myteam). And the triple threat? Not even close.

I like a lot of the other stuff with building up your team through rewards and stuff, but if I cant compete in games its gonna get old pretty quick.

Topic #47646 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're just an oldie in a young mans game SC

Reply #817675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too old, too slow.

Reply #817679 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You're too old, I am too, so there's no point. The minute you go online some 12 year old will own you.

Reply #817683 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I just bought NBA 2k20 so I understand exactly what you mean, if it wasn't for the daily rewards to begin with then I'd be getting royally flogged still.

Keep logging in to get daily rewards even if you don't play the game itself each day

Reply #817684 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

If you don't want to get flogged:
1- turn off the new accuracy shot method and go back to timing.
2-stay off-line and play MyCareer or MyGM

Reply #817685 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'm still patiently waiting for a new NBA Jam release ...

Reply #817688 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah I hear you with the too old thing. I havent actually been playing online. Its the AI thats been kicking my butt.

I would love a new NBA Jam!

Reply #817704 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I am pleased to report it has gotten a little easier. I've found its worth buying cards on the exchange market. Picked up a ruby Patty Mills for 2800mt which has helped my team a lot. Still cant win on the 3 x 3 games at all, but at least making some progress on the full 5 on 5 stuff.

Reply #817838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I've found its worth buying cards on the exchange market. "

I haven't played NBA2k for a while either, so I'm not familiar with this. What does this mean?

Reply #817898 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

""I've found its worth buying cards on the exchange market. "

I haven't played NBA2k for a while either, so I'm not familiar with this. What does this mean?""

I think I got the language wrong actually. I actually meant the auctions, where people sell their own cards. These are mostly high value reward cards that people may have gotten twice, or they've achieved any goals with them already so dont need them anymore. I got a ruby version of Patty Mills (89 overall) for 2850 MT and Paul George (88 overall) for not much more.

In comparison, the cheapest pack of cards is worth 3750MT which likely gets you a role player. The premium pack costs 10,000 with a CHANCE at a premium player.

Once you've got a player or two at this level it definitely helps with actually winning games and therefore progressing further.

Reply #817940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you like having people back out in the middle of an online match and you get the loss for it then yes . Other this game is complete S***. That's the nicest thing I can say about this waste of money . 2K failed by releasing this garbage and continue to fail by letting it be in the state it’s in without even trying to fix it. Honestly I just want my money back. I’d rather pay for a drug addiction a million times over then pay for this game . 2K should pay us for even humoring this bull

Reply #817970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm too old for 2K but my 17yo loves this crap.

Reply #817971 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'm too old for it too to be honest, but i need some sort of competitive outlet with no sport to play.

#970, yep it has major flaws. I dont play online much so havent come across someone backing out and taking the L (that seems like an easy fix for them and I've heard others say it too) but for me the worst is how unplayably hard the "Triple Threat" mode is offline. I've won 1 from about 20 at this stage and that was only because I played with Jordan, Lillard and Cousins and got lucky that the CPU team had one non shooter that I could lay off of. I've started to enjoy it more though now that I can at least win games in the "Domination" mode (on rookie).

Reply #817974 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

2K have put through an update overnight which is supposed to fix all of the issues that the angry anon above was talking about.

They definitely solved my main issue, that the "Triple threat offline" mode was unplayably hard. It now has you start on an easier mode and gradually moves the difficulty up after you win some games. Much better.

Reply #817999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bought 21. 21 years to develop a game where if you just look at the controller your guys does a 180? I'm back to playing 2k19. After 19 years they had it down.

Reply #835285 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754