Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut: Big Basketball News Tweet

Andrew Bogut
@andrewbogut
·
6h
Wow.
Some big Australian Basketball news coming in the next "few" days.
Neutral face

anybody know what he may be talking about?

Topic #47678 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK selling the NBL to Paul Smith

Reply #818736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut to play for SBL wolfpack.
Perthworld to get a very sore wrist celebrating the news.

Reply #818745 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Could be to do with no NBA Australian players attending next years Olympics.

No NBA players from any country for that matter

Reply #818755 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

Delly leaving the NBA and returning to the NBL.

Reply #818756 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

Returning to Australia to play in the NBL, I mean.

Reply #818757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns, sem or brisbane for Delly.

Reply #818758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings being sold!

Reply #818761 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

It could be Weaver getting the Pelicans head coaching job

Reply #818764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been talking to pelicans people nonnstop

Reply #818765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weaver to pelicans, brown to kings?

Reply #818766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's with all this talk of Delly coming to the NBL.

I think it’s safe to say he’s got at least another 2-3 years left in the NBA as a backup (or 3rd stringer) before finishing up in the NBL.

Reply #818777 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Caddee dropping 47?

Reply #818778 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah I think, if he wants it, Delly will have opportunities with teams being a minimum contract end of bench vet who's a great locker room presence.

Having said that, I could easily see him deciding to not play NBA this coming season so that he's available for the Olympic team. If he does that though his NBA career would likely be over. But who knows.

Reply #818782 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think it's safe to say he’s got at least another 2-3 years left in the NBA as a backup (or 3rd stringer) before finishing up in the NBL.

I've got no knowledge if it's true or not but Delly has made over $40m US so far in the NBA, it's not like he needs to work another day in his life again.

He's spent his prime years sitting on the bench not playing so maybe he would rather come back home and play rather than staying over there to sit on the bench for a few more years for what maybe $10m? What's the difference between $40m and $50m?

The news could be Delly coming back home or possibly Essendon FC starting up that rumoured basketball team?

Reply #818798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jumpers want delly,

Reply #818799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy to say Delly doesn't need to wrk again with 40Odd Mill in contract earnings but he has given half that back in Taxes so in pockt its closer to 20Mil USD so saying know to another significant paycheck for the next couple of years to come and play in the NBL next year seems crazy.

One more year in the NBA will yield more than 4 years in the NBL plus do we know if the NBL will go ahead with the two Melbourne Teams in lockdown? Assume players will take an even bigger hair cut with no crowds.

Reply #818801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dellly stays with the Cavs for another 5+ years - they love him & he’s the ultimate professional. For a team in rebuild with the young guards they have hes the perfect veteran you want in the team. Similar to the veteran role Udonis Haslem has with the Heat.

Reply #818802 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Easy to say Delly doesn't need to wrk again with 40Odd Mill in contract earnings but he has given half that back in Taxes so in pockt its closer to 20Mil USD so saying know to another significant paycheck for the next couple of years to come and play in the NBL next year seems crazy.

I highly doubt he's paid anywhere near $20m in taxes the rich and ultra-wealthy like him hire people to find loopholes in tax laws be lucky if he's paid close $10m really. Regardless $20m US is about $30m AU so yeah absolutely doesn't need to work a day in his life again, nor will his children and their children either.

Now that he's a free agent and set for life financially he may decided he would rather play somewhere rather than spending the last few years of his prime sitting on the bench over there only to come back here to finish up, maybe he wants to show people he can actually play?

Reply #818806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dellavedova would still be a top tire NBL player.

Reply #818807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tier *

Reply #818808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd guess it’s got something to do with the Australian team, maybe he’s going to take the Luke Longley role as mentor.

Reply #818810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luc.

Reply #818813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Brown passing on the Boomers. I bet you.

Reply #818814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on nbl overtime they did say the kings were chasing a ex nba player

Reply #818815 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

On the NBL Facebook page, they are talking about Weaver to possibly coach the Pelicans.

So I would guess that's what it is

Reply #818816 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Probably explains the neutral face emoji thing from him too, happy for him to get an NBA job but means the Kings have to find another new coach.

Reply #818817 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey Wright come on down? lol

Reply #818818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal come on down

Reply #818841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Brown has stepped down as Boomers coach.

Reply #818842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I told y'all. Need to listen to me I know things

Reply #818845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one disagreed with you.

Reply #818850 | Report this post

Old news

Reply #820046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754