Reply #822985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Caps Boomers match of the round.

Reply #822986 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Yeah, that could be a good one.
Flyers-Boomers revenge game could be interesting too. Hoping there will be a bit of feeling in that one.

Lynx-wise, I'd expect us to take care of Bendigo. Maybe not Townsville, but expecting a much better effort than game 1 when they smashed us by 25 and held us to the only sub-50 total of the season. Adelaide on Sunday could be a good one. Hopefully we go with a full roster for both Fire & Lightning.

WNBL are all aboard the Shyla Heal hype train:

Congratulations to @TownsvilleFire's @shylaheal1 on being named "Player of the Round" for Round 3 of the 2020 @ChemistWhouse #WNBL season.
Throughout Round 3, Heal averaged 14 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4 assists and 1.7 steals.

Team of the Round is Heal, Cambage, Talbot, Maley, Garbin

Reply #822989 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Maley, Team of the Week? Whilst I admire her tenacious rebounding ability she's averaging 5pts per game & her shooting action is horrible. Did her Dad apply some pressure for her selection?

Reply #823041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SamCro scoring points (yourself) isn't everything. You'd make a great team mate

Reply #823054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Sara Blicavs has shown more of an all round game this round than Maley.

Reply #823056 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Sizers, how is that a balanced round, Boomers have 4 games in 6 days with two back to back, plus a travel day thrown in fir good measure
Who did the draw for this , as this hasn't changed due to Adelaide being out for a week .

Molloy will need to use all 12 players if he wants any left standing by the following round

Reply #823069 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Some of the scheduling quite strange, even considering the Lightning's mandatory quarantine throwing a spanner in the works.

Reply #823070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maley's stat line is akin to someone scoring 40 with 2 reb & 2 Ast. You would still put that person in a team of the week despite not necessarily being an "all round game". 20 rebounds is an awesome achievement and worthy of selection in the weekly team.

Reply #823087 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Marley is certainly tenacious in her rebounding but it's also to the extent of taking it off her own players.

Has to be more to her game than that , I mean love her passion for a rebound but on team of the week ... not so sure

Reply #823098 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm good with it. Glad to see something other than points being rewarded.

Reply #823114 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Caps and Boomers tonight, money on Caps again, Boomers won't use their bench, and caps will run their legs off, should be an interesting game though.

Lynx and Spirit, has to be Lynx sadly, Spirit just don’t have the man power, Lavey can’t play all five spots and they don’t have much off the bench, probably one to watch as a replay later

Reply #823217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the Caps Boomers game started?

Reply #823260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, 6:30pm Adelaide Time.

Reply #823265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kayo said 530 had me confused.

Reply #823267 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Solid win by the Boomers thanks to some clutch shooting by Garrick and a good overall game by Ezi.
Just a few minutes of Griffin dominance, but not much else happened for the Caps in that one. Credit to the Boomers D.

Reply #823286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's how ezi should be playing every game. Nice to see it!

Reply #823287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I expected more from A. Froling. She's had zero impact.

Reply #823306 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Good stuff, Lynx.
Dunno WTF those first 8 minutes were, but solid after that.
Garbin excellent again.
Sharp was everywhere. 17 boards, 12 points, 6 assists.

Reply #823313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant games by Garbin and Sharp. Ebzery was solid with some good minutes off the bench by Isenbarger

Reply #823317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

306 - me too, but keely had limited minutes for the first few seasons but was given an opportunity. I hope in a couple of seasons time the froling v froling matchups are epic.

Reply #823323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Southside game... another Lizzie technical foul...

Reply #823386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been impressed with Conti this season. Seems like she may be another case of Molloy stifling a career

Reply #823389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molloy has been destroying careers for years...
Please name one player that has gotten better under him.

Reply #823390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rachel Jarry down with knee injury

Reply #823396 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

:(
I didn't like the look or sound of that

Reply #823397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought it looked like an ankle? Either way sounded horrible, hope it's not as bad as it seems

Reply #823398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had the most terrible run of injuries.

Reply #823400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$750 donation on the cards for Liz cambage to dunk it

Watch this space !

Reply #823401 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I would have to agree that Molloy is a terrible coach. Not one player progresses under him.
Let's hope that this is his last season!

Reply #823403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers Twitter saying Jarry to have 'precautionary' scans tomorrow. Does that perhaps suggest her knee seems okay?

Reply #823421 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Whom ever did the fixture for this round obviously wasn't paying too much attention
Boomers got the raw end of the deal this week with travel to Cairns thrown in for good measure .... wonder if Molloy will consent to actually use all 12 players this week or will he continue to run the legs off his starters plus 1.

Does Molloy have some ownership with Boomers and that’s why they keep appointing him head coach? , because it can’t be because of his coaching skills .

Agree with above he’s hindered more careers than he’s helped , unless of course your from NZ. LOL

Flames could get the win but think Boomers may still pull it off tonight , but after that Boomers will struggle with recovery times for sure , by Sunday’s game his starters will be done against Flyers , see that being a huge blow out

Reply #823434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still... I don't think his kiwi players have really progressed other than Beck... but that is probably attributable to more playing time

Reply #823445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There must be something we don't know if it’s essentially unanimous that Molloy is a poor coach but still continuously keeps his job

Reply #823453 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Is he good at job interviews? It really is baffling.

Reply #823456 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

And as for retaining his current position is he on a long contract?

Reply #823457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unanimous on this message board doesn't mean unanimous in other contexts and obviously not to the Boomers board or whoever he reports to.

Reply #823463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Sydney Flames think it's a good idea to play Scherf & Burton together when they’re both effectively 5 players & then your 3 player (Maley) who can’t shoot! It doesn’t allow offensively to spread the floor for driving lanes for Mansfield or Schwagmer! Then again this is team that Coach Frog wanted, be careful what you wish for!

Reply #823487 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't know if it's the team frog wanted as much as being the team frog could afford

Reply #823488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's definitely the team Frog wanted, don’t be fooled about how much $$$ Flames are paying for this team Luuuc. She told the new owner she could win the WNBL Championship with this team.

Reply #823489 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If that's true then yikes

Reply #823490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's physically painful to watch Flames try to execute at the offensive end, can anyone explain what they’re trying to do at the offensive end?

Reply #823491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there stats that say Boomers are the best defensive team in the league? Seems a big claim to make by Madgen

Reply #823493 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not sure, but just by the eye test I've actually been pretty impressed with them defensively this season so it wouldn't shock me if that's what the stats say.

Reply #823494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rachel Jarry should be back by finals. Glad her injury isn't too bad!

Reply #823495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what Guy Molloy tells them! Why does Madgen’s voice sounds like she smokes 30 cigarettes per day?

Reply #823496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrik-give him another year, adding Whitcomb, Allen and import will help.
Seebohm-probably should be made opals coach after Tokyo imo.
Goriss-has been great and should continue
Chambers-time to go imo
Lucas-should remain, 2 major injuries probably cost him finals
Molloy-time should have been up awhile ago
Hibbert-one more year, maybe more $.
York-really has done little, partly the $ too. Worried for the new sapphires team.

Replacements?

Reply #823497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Chambers is a bad coach. Seebohm has done well with his team but he does have one of the few teams that were able to train together before the season

Reply #823498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuuc - Is Schwagmer a better 3 point shooter than what she is showing this year for the Flames? I don't recall her 3 Point Shooting be this bad when she was at the Lynx?

Reply #823500 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I get the same impression. She wasn't amazing but you didn't want to leave her wide open. From what I've seen this season she's been well off.

Reply #823502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuuc - According to WNBL Stats (Schwagmer) is shooting 15% from the 3 Point Line - Yikes

Reply #823504 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Molloy once again runs his starters into the ground so they have no legs to now guard Sydney
Even commentators have said you would expect him to run all his bench
This is why he will never win a championship lol

Reply #823506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can not believe that Molloy is not giving his bench a run. Go figure...

Reply #823508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude your 30 points up!! Give your bench a run!!!!

Reply #823509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Used to like Molloy as a coach, then went to a clinic a few years ago and some of his individual concepts were strange, tried to reinvent the wheel and his reasoning was his wheel was faster but had no evidence it was. Now I just think he talks out his arse and relies that everyone will agree.

Reply #823511 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

LOL at "unanimous".

Four people on a message board isn't unanimous bro.

Reply #823512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hibbert plays 3 starters 35 minutes or more down 30, yet nobody mentions it?

Reply #823514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She doesn't have depth though.

Reply #823515 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

It's already been asserted by many posters that the Boomers also don't have depth. Judging by the performances beyond Magbegor, George, Garrick and Madgen thus far, I'm inclined to agree.

In saying that: Malloy is very old school, so I don't doubt that he's underplayed capable players previously.

Reply #823517 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The cheek of Molloy blaming his bench for letting Flames get back into the game in the second half. He was up by 45 and refused to put his bench on, Christ he still had his starters running with 4 mins to go in the fourth. The commentators even said his bench even Brewster and Antoniado should have been on, you don't throw them on for two minutes at the end then put blame on them when in fact those last two minutes they put scored Sydney’s staters.

He is a crap coach, Boomers now have two games in the next three days , one of them to Southside, he’s an idiot, no wonder he hasn’t won a championship in 8 seasons of trying.
Boomers have the oldest roster in the league, with several, player’s carrying injuries, why don’t his assistant coaches pull him up for this, or are they just cardboard cut outs, why doesn’t the board do something

Reply #823518 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Molloy is a hopeless coach!
The sooner the owners work that out the sooner Boomers will go ahead. He is a dud.
Nobody, nobody progresses under his coaching.

Reply #823528 | Report this post

Hibbert  
Years ago

Hibbert had very little say on the team selection. She was constrained by Dalton. This team is down to Dalton.

Reply #823529 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Sydney had been under Dalton for years ,( another one who needs to step away from the game in selecting players and calling shots ,) but Sydney now have a new owner , can't see him letting Dalton have all the day
Sherf was on a two yr contract that’s why she stayed, the rest were cut .

Hibbert is out of her depth as a head coach at this level , Molloy is just a waste of space , he can’t coach at any level

Reply #823532 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Some positive news from Flyers twitter

Rachel Jarry has been given the all clear for ligament damage after injuring her knee on Wednesday.
Our training staff will monitor her recovery for a hopeful return to the court soon.

Reply #823554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach Frog Hibberd is living proof that great players don't necessarily make great coaches i.e. Hird, Voss & Buckley. Sydney Flames would have been better off with Tommy Garlepp taking over the coaching reigns this WNBL season.

Reply #823562 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

X
Yesterday

LOL at "unanimous".

Four people on a message board isn't unanimous bro.

Absolutely correct, however, when an entire league and those that watch it are generally saying the same thing, I think it's pretty unanimous lol
Molloy is a terrible coach

Reply #823589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think kereama deserves the boomers coaching role.

Reply #823591 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Seebohm with money would be interesting.

Reply #823593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm had a 3 year deal, so it ends after 21/22 season.
6 months before home World Cup, makes sense...

Reply #823596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see sandy at the game, maybe she now realises she doesn't need Mitchell anymore.

Reply #823600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PeTrIk ShOuLd Be ThE nExT oPaLs CoAcH

Reply #823601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt it sitting third last in his first season.

Reply #823602 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Think kereama deserves the boomers coaching role.

Lol absolutely no way, he's terrible , ok assistant coach, but he’s had his go as head coach and was abysmal

Time to let Flynn have his shot at Boomers head coach, Anderson couldn’t cope in a head coaching role at Rangers at this level she’s better as assistant.
Flynnie has served his apprenticeship, he’s done juniors at national and international level, he’s done his time as assistant coach at WNBL , and has a good NBL1 /SEABL record in putting together good rosters without big budgets.
Players like him, Boomers should give him a go .

Reply #823614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woosnam won nbl1 with Kilsyth, maybe her?

Reply #823615 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Absolutely loved that game from the Lynx tonight.
Garbin, Ebzery & Chibba all superb, and well directed by Petrik.

Reply #823622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebzery been very consistent all season.
17/4/4. 40% from 3, 44%fg but surprisingly only 63% ft eventhough she's a career 85%+ ft shooter,

Reply #823623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen would be better the 2nd time around. You almost always see male HC's get a 2nd gig and do better. When it’s a women we go, she can’t handle it. She can and she will. Flynnie is a great bloke but if you’ve paid attention to NBL1 you would know he is not the answer.

Reply #823629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think veal needs a shot if down te track the Coe will be split up.

Reply #823632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So happy for the Lynx to get that win over Townsville. You can see they're really starting to gel as a group. Looks like Petrick has now settled on his starters and bench go to players. The big guns came to play last night. Garbin and ebzery were outstanding

Reply #823635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Anderson has potential, she got the rangers into a grand final and the following seasons had a bit of a bad roster, but she transformed Cole from a bench player at the Boomers to an All Star 5 player. Realistically while she was coach she had Cole and an import as the good players, with Sara Blicavs injured with an ACL, don't know if it was her fault rangers had some bad seasons. Seemed more like a money issue like Bendigo

Reply #823638 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Sorry but the only person who has "transformed Cole" is Bec Cole herself , she has been given opportunities, and grabbed them with both hands with the 3x3 and that's what she brings to the 5x5 game now

If players are given opportunities they will develop into their own , but when coaches constantly keep them down, like Molloy did with Cole and Conti , they never get better

Anderson is a great coach but wouldn’t say a great coach at this level yet , if she has support and uses her head and puts trust in those she has rather than falling back on what’s familiar she could very well be the next Boomers coach, but I think Flynnie is more than ready for that challenge

They are both wasted as assistant coaches with Boomers under Molloy unless is to learn what NOT to do as a head coach

Today’s game will be interesting, my money is on Molloy running his starters plus two for 35 mins giving his bench a token few minutes of junk time

If he does they are going to get smashed by Flyers tomorrow

Reply #823640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything going to come of Liz's trip tech foul in the Adelaide game? Or is the league too scared to do anything?

Reply #823644 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sorry but the only person who has "transformed Cole" is Bec Cole herself

I would agree with this.
And that is not to discredit any of her coaches. I never felt like any of them held her back.
Bec clearly had a high ceiling from very early in her career, and unfortunately a nasty run of injuries held her back. But she fought through them and has continued to work her arse off to get where she is.

Reply #823649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was hardly anything to warrant the tech in the first place so no other action is warranted

Reply #823650 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Anything going to come of Liz's trip tech foul in the Adelaide game? Or is the league too scared to do anything?

I thought it was one of the weakest techs I have seen dished out for a long time. Good effort to milk a tech from that "incident" but no way does it warrant anything further. Come on. I roll my eyes at her antics as much as anyone but that was nothing.

Reply #823651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's exactly what I’m saying. Anderson gave Cole the opportunity to become a really good player that Molloy never trusted her with.

Reply #823655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Anything going to come of Liz's trip tech foul in the Adelaide game? Or is the league too scared to do anything?'

It was barely a tech in the first place. The Cambage hate train continues.

Reply #823656 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

It was pretty standard from the refs: swallowing their whistles when Liz blatantly pushed a player during a stoppage (not giving even a warning), but were quick to tech her for essentially a non-incident shortly after.

Liz got what she deserved, just not in the right way. Nothing further warranted.

Reply #823657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exactly right. Realized they missed the call and made up for it later

Reply #823658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really hope Bendigo pull off a win. Just want to see them win a game this season.

Reply #823659 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well, not gonna happen unfortunately.
Excellent 1st quarter but the shots refused to fall in the 2nd. Lavey and especially Ernst ice cold on shots they'd normally hit.

Reply #823661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot of air balls, there shooting was horrendous.

Reply #823663 | Report this post

techfoulme  
Years ago

Geez, can anyone shoot in this league?

Reply #823664 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Southside are shooting 41% from three as a team. So yes, quite a few can.

Reply #823665 | Report this post

brian  
Years ago

will bendigo finally win today?

Reply #823701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney - Bendigo Sydney by 8
Southside - Melbourne Boomers Southside by 15

Townsville - Canberra Capitals Capitals by 9
Adelaide Lightning W - Perth Lynx Lynx by 4

What is your prediction?

Reply #823704 | Report this post

brian  
Years ago

Bendigo by 5
this is the first of their last three games and the only one who will be able to win and not finish 0-13

Reply #823706 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Adelaide are obviously favoured vs Bendigo normally, but they're not unbeatable and will be on the second leg of a back-to-back when they meet on the 9th. That might be Bendigo's best chance for a win, if not today vs Sydney.

Reply #823709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze absolutely giving it to the Bendigo spirit with their lack of defence, comparing them to the MSAC c grade comp with the last play of the 1st quarter

Reply #823719 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sydney are not exactly impressive either atm. Spirit hanging around.

Reply #823720 | Report this post

Owen  
Years ago

And they sucks again, unbelievable

Reply #823727 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Seriously can these commentators suck up any harder on Cambage LoL

The attitude of anyone dares go near her , feel a tech isn't far away

Reply #823732 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

That was one of the lowest-quality national league games I've ever seen. The amount of missed layups and defensive breakdowns resulting from a lack of effort and/or communication was inexcusable.

Reply #823734 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

And bang on que tech foul because she got beat lol

God she's ridiculous

Reply #823737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the NBA you can have 16 techs before you get a suspension... WNBL needs a similar rule that is appropriate to games played... it's a joke and a terrible example for young kids.

Reply #823738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Y'all talking about the commentators being up Cambage’s ass. But you guys are hilariously biased against her. You cannot genuinely know anything about basketball and not think she gets hard done by by the refs.

Reply #823741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you're bigger and stronger you can absorb more contact/physicality which I can only assume does cause refs to call less fouls. Running your mouth about it is a completely different thing...

Reply #823742 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Not only do Bendigo have the least talent, they're the worst coached. Unbelievably disorganised team.

Reply #823744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she played within the rules and didn't throw her weight/mouth around maybe it would be a different story.

Reply #823745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#741 exactly, she was excellent, gets whacked under the basket continuously and only gets the really bad foul calls. Cambage is a great player and would be treated totally different if she was American. In Australia we like to bag anyone that doesn't conform.

It was a quality game with good shooting and defence from both sides. Cambage was the difference.

Reply #823748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz is absolutely a generational talent & Oz Basketball is lucky to have her within our National Opals Program. She is the most polarising character to ever play for the Opals because of the way in which she carries herself on & off the court, it's one thing to be self confident & comfortable in your own skin & it’s another thing to be blatantly arrogant & belittling of your opponents. Unfortunately Liz falls into the later with her antics, I wish she let her game speak loudly for herself, which is virtually unstoppable instead of her constant trash talking to opponents & umpires alike.

Reply #823750 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"gets whacked under the basket"

Liz often elevates into her shot through the defender. All that matter is if the defender establishes and maintains a legal guarding position, which they often do because they can't challenge the shot. The fact there is contact is irrelevant.

"Cambage is a great player and would be treated totally different if she was American"

I think you'll find that most are fine criticizing anyone that complains unnecessarily as much as she does, regardless of their nationality.

Great player, but a complete diva.

Reply #823752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not denying she complains too much, I can see her justification bc she does cop terrible calls from the umps but she should have her reactions under control by now. However I do find it irritating when people act as though she doesn't deserve fouls just because she’s big. A foul is a foul regardless of the height difference.

Reply #823753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ +1. You can't plough through legal defenders and then complain when they collapse and make contact.

Reply #823754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#745 she does play within the rules, the refs just decide the rules don't apply to her bc she’s too big and good to get foul calls for her

Reply #823755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#754 that very rarely happens, she pretty much stays in the key, spins and shoots with a nice whack on her arms every time. A player shorter than her would get those calls every time and it shouldn't be different for her just bc she’s tall

Reply #823756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is McDermott and why is she starting?

Reply #823757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She's a dp

Reply #823758 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"#754 that very rarely happens, she pretty much stays in the key, spins and shoots with a nice whack on her arms every time."

100% correct, and not a foul if the defender is within their cylinder. I completely agree.

Reply #823759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#755 you live in fantasy land

Reply #823761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you shoot through the arms of a vertical defender that defender is not responsible for the contact

Reply #823762 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

How's that for a first half by the Fire. Quality work at both ends.

Reply #823763 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

When you shoot through the arms of a vertical defender that defender is not responsible for the contact

That's true, but 19 times out of 20 the arms aren't vertical

Reply #823764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Liz as outlined above because with the ball in the air she is 2 foot taller no one is trying to block the shot so it actually is true more often than not

Reply #823766 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Y'all talking about the commentators being up Cambage's ass. But you guys are hilariously biased against her. You cannot genuinely know anything about basketball and not think she gets hard done by by the refs.

First off "y’all is not a word ... lol

And yes commentary is utterly biased towards Cambage while she bitches and Mia s at every opportunity

She certainly doesn’t t get hard done by the refs at all, infact she gets away with way more than any other player, but her crappy attitude and foul mouth is what gets her the techs, and that a reaction of “how dare they call a foul on her “

She’s her own worst enemy, gets to the foul line more than any other player, because they call a wisp of air if it goes near her to keep her happy most times .

Shame she can’t take a page out of Ohea or Mitchell’s books on how to behave , a bit of class and lose the arrogance and you could respect and appreciate her as a player, the way she behaves though is dreadful

Reply #823767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#759 I said in the key not the semi circle. Glad you agree she gets whacked on every shot :)

Reply #823769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#767 for someone complaining about my use of a colloquial word you could use a brush up on your grammar and spelling, but go off big guy

Anyway don't agree with her reactions at all but a foul is a foul and it is still there even if you don’t like her. Glad you guys aren’t referees

Reply #823770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game by the Fire today, haven't seen caps play that poorly in a while

Reply #823773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tips for the final ladder??

Reply #823774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth beat Adelaide, top 4 is set.

Reply #823775 | Report this post

Aussiedownunder  
Years ago

Is that true? If Perth win tonight, That would leave Adelaide at 4-5 with 4 games to go and Fire are at 7-4 with 2 to go. They haven't played each other yet so if Fire we to lose their last 2 games they would be 7-6 and Adelaide somehow won their last 4 they would be 8-5

Reply #823779 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"I said in the key not the semi circle."

Thank you for reiterating, but I think everyone was aware.

Similarly, I said 'cylinder' not 'semi [charge] circle'. These are entirely different basketball concepts, FYI.

Reply #823783 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Gotta love these Lynx!
:D

Reply #823799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If no imports again next year, I'm thinking they’d be aiming for...

Ebzery
Whitcomb
Sharp
Garbin
Mckay

Williams
Ciabittoni
Clarke
Isenbarger
Allen

Atwell
Williams
Hoycard

Steindl won’t be back and burrows has college options.
Edwards probably won’t be kept with Allen coming back.

Reply #823800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garbin clutch

Reply #823806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you think McKay would want to play for Perth? She seems pretty happy at Townsville. Apparently the Lynx approached her but she wanted to go to Townsville. Can't see that changing somehow

Reply #823807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the Lynx to have that lineup you would want to hope they have signed the studs to 2 year deals or Jack is still funding them. Rumour has it the money train has left Perth station and a few players might be on it!!!

Reply #823850 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Darcee Garbin Player of the Round.
26.7 pts & 9.0 reb per game, 3-0 record, and one clutch game-winner.
Glad she got this recognition. Has been excellent all season.

Reply #823872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754