Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL 2020 Round 5

Final week of the regular season. Looks like only 1 ABC game this round.

(All times AEDT)

Tue 6pm Lightning-Boomers
Tue 8:30 Lynx-Flames

Wed 8pm Lightning-Spirit

Thu 7pm Lynx-Capitals (Foxtel)
Thu 9pm Flames-Flyers

Fri 6pm Boomers-Spirit
Fri 8pm Fire-Lightning

Sun 1pm Fire-Boomers (Foxtel)
Sun 3pm Capitals-Flyers (ABC & Foxtel)
Sun 5pm Flames-Lightning

Topic #47853 | Report this topic

techfoulme  
Years ago

I didn't see any sick move in the games. Where are the behind the back dribbles, the no look passes and the alley oops?

Even Cambage is too scared to dunk.

Reply #823909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning - Melbourne Boomers Boomers by 9
Perth Lynx - Sydney Lynx by 16 Looks like Lynx have pretty good form, should be easy.

What is your prediction?

Reply #823955 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While the 2 tv commentators didn't hesitate to put up $200 each for a Liz Cambage dunk... Probably could get more money, if put out there....

Reply #823958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madgen being rested or injured?

Reply #824026 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Madgen being rested or injured?

Both

Why does Molloy keep running Farnsworth, should be putting Antoniadou on as a PG, give the younger guards the opportunity , Farnworth needs to retire.

Purcell has the quickest hands and reflexes, was a good game tonight to watch, some of the games have been well below par from some of the teams, Bendigo and Sydney look like they would struggle in NBL1 right now.

Reply #824040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've got to say Petrik’s hair is impeccable

Reply #824042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty evident that Ebzery should be the starting pg for Aus.

Reply #824045 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Poor game by the Lynx. Maybe it was accumulated fatigue or maybe they just took Sydney too lightly after the big games vs Townsville & Adelaide, but they seemed flat & passive right from the opening tip.
Credit where it's due to Sydney's front court for shutting Garbin down though.

Reply #824052 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ironic Luuuc that is was "one of our own" in Schwags aka GOAT, who with some big threes down the stretch was a huge thorn in the Lynx's side.

Garbin's weaknesses were exposed tonight in terms of if she doesn't get her midrange game going and is kept off the boards, she doesn't have a plan B to hurt you. Petrik needed more from Steindl and Isenbarger tonight when the starters came out flat and clearly fatigued.

Reply #824055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOAT lol. Nice try Craig

The real GOAT from WA is back in Perth

Reply #824056 | Report this post

Amok  
Years ago

Reply #824057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Craig the GOAT and not the one with horns had have been the coach, Schwags would have been one of the first signed for the Lynx.

Reply #824058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What?

Reply #824060 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Pretty evident that Ebzery should be the starting pg for Aus.

Lol you base that on a game when her competition in this game was who..... Mansfield and Funda what's her name .... now way

Reply #824061 | Report this post

brian  
Years ago

Bendigo today?

Reply #824070 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

They're a chance. If you believe in the law of averages then Ernst is due to hit about 10 threes tonight. But I'm tipping Talbot to have a field day.

Reply #824071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Schwags wanted to much money. Same as the others that left like Mansfield, Payne also why they didn't get McKay by the sounds. Pretty strange last 2mins from the Lynx
Ebzery looks good at the PG spot. Guessing if Whitcomb was there Ebzery would have spent most of her time at the PG spot. Ciabatoni is a part timer at that spot. Heal is the best PG in the country right now but will Brondello have the guts to pick her? No chance, because big old Lizzy ain’t listening to some young punk

Reply #824072 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Ernst is only shooting 27% on threes for the season, so she essentially shot the percentage expected of her vs Sydney (25%). The 'law of averages' is a fallacy that doesn't even apply here.

Perth is a strange team. Their offense is built around shooting open 3s to open up driving lanes (1st in league 3PA), but they shoot them at 26.7% as a team (last in league 3P%). I understand that key outs must have disrupted their game plan and they only really have Ebzery as a shot creator though.

Ebzery's decision making is also very questionable at times. I haven't seen enough of her at WNBL level to know if this is normal, but it looks like she's consciously playing for an Opals spot when she forces shots against set defences, when she's off-balance and/or when teammates are open. These instances are few enough to seriously affect her stats (she shoots quite respectably with 42-FG% and 39-3P%), but hurts her team when these instances occur IMO.

Sydney's Flow offense is just so vanilla - not terrible, just nothing innovative and doesn't really suit the group. Watching Burton stand on the three point line when everyone knows she has no intention of shooting hurts.

Reply #824073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree with the Ebzery stuff. She is high level but shot selection is questionable. Unfortunately Perth's recruiting style probably hurt them because everything is reliant of the 3 guns and probably where the budget went. After Whitcombe pulled out no talent left to fill the gap so went for cheap locals by the looks of things. Rest of the group are role players and when they don’t offer much like last night, the results show.

Last 2mins killed them last night.

Reply #824075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez that's a bit harsh ^^ No talent?? Sounds like you've got some sour grapes there buddy

Reply #824076 | Report this post

Horse  
Years ago

everything lynx are doing, you need to assume whitcomb is playing. petrick said it was built for the big 3, and whitcomb pulled out a week before they fly, too late to change it

and you can't have whitcomb, ebzery, schwags on the same team, perth couldn't afford that

Reply #824078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring
To more important matters, can Spirit avoid going 0-13 tonight. Last game is against Boomers, so it's not coming there. Please let it be tonight for they’re sake

Reply #824083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo couldn't beat an egg.

Reply #824087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/latimessports/status/1335978241153138688

anyone seen this article, maybe these two girls should stop slagging people in the USA as it is affecting other kids who cannot get there at the moment. BA and WNBL should be telling them to stop. there is over 100 comnens on the lA times twitter.
The immigration people will be watching not to mention UCLA, might not look good for them abusing Americans who are going through COVID much worse than Australia did. Be respectful of the country you are going to visit stop slagging the American immigration along with the people you are no one to them so keep it that way. Accept the law of that country and move as you can read the twitter people in the US a not happy about it and it is making us look stupid.

Reply #824089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez that's a bit harsh ^^ No talent?? Sounds like you've got some sour grapes there buddy

No talent left in the country to replace Whitcombe is what I meant. No sour grapes.

Reply #824094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring
To more important matters, can Spirit avoid going 0-13 tonight. Last game is against Boomers, so it's not coming there. Please let it be tonight for they're sake

Yeah let’s talk about Bendigo, way more exciting

Reply #824095 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I'm going to try for a reverse jinx here and say Adelaide will finish over the top of Bendigo...

Reply #824120 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Crazy box score. Ernst and Lavey getting absolutely no support from their teammates.

Reply #824124 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Crazy indeed. A combined 10 points from the other 7 players. Yuck.

Ernst is only shooting 27% on threes for the season, so she essentially shot the percentage expected of her vs Sydney (25%). The 'law of averages' is a fallacy that doesn't even apply here.

My point, since you missed it, was that Ernst is usually a pretty good outside shooter.

Reply #824128 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

My point, in case you missed it, was that Ernst's shooting percentages this season (29-3P% now) suggest she isn't.

Reply #824129 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

OK, I guess this season nullifies the entire rest of her career

Reply #824144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ernst is a black hole and soft. Not what Bendigo needs.

Reply #824172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$150 fine for Nicholson's takedown and shoulder injury to Tupea.

Reply #824173 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Why is it ALWAYS UC caps that take tribunal action when they have so many of their own players who happily charge right through other players and complain when they get called.
What is it that they think they have that makes them this untouchable , Gorris needs to stop this rubbish, every season it's the same so that it gets to the point other teams can’t go near the UC caps and refs then call everything in their favour by the time finals arrive

Tupuea already had a "shoulder injury" she had it before she started, think the usual foot and ankle excuse she’s used fir years with Sydney to avoid training was just revamped fir the new team into a shoulder issue lol

Reply #824192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think if you carefully watch the replay Nicholson clearly wraps both arms around Tuphea's Arm & as they fall to the ground Nicholson in a downward pulling motion yanks Tuphea’s arm. I thought it looked like a very dangerous action & certainly not a 'basketball play’ in anyway shape or form.

Reply #824200 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just watched that replay three times, two p,Ayers collided, arms linked and neither let go, one came off worse than the other, probably picking up an Oscar on the way

What BS for Nicholson to get called on that, the foul before was more deliberate and that didn't even get a whistle.

This is typical Canberra when they lose

Reply #824224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra have been getting preferential treatment from the refs for at least the last 2 seasons, and then when they do get the odd foul they're players crack the shits. A bunch of sooks

Reply #824249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they're fining that, they should fine techs as well

Reply #824252 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Canberra have been getting preferential treatment from the refs for at least the last 2 seasons, and then when they do get the odd foul they're players crack the shits. A bunch of sooks

On the money here, and you can see it in full play in the current game , Ebzery getting hacked constantly and not a thing called, Edwards looked sideways at Rocci and gets a foul called.

And what's with the commentators , they do know that Boomers have beaten both Caps and Flyers , the way they talk the top two are locked in, Caps and Flyers have to play each other yet, Boomers win all their games they are likely to knock one of these two out of top two spot .

Reply #824254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game for both pgs.

Reply #824255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney suprise guy stickin with flyers

Reply #824261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That foul on Pizzey was one of the worst calls I've seen

Reply #824267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell is clearly cooked, take her out of opals camp and put Mansfield in.

Reply #824268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mansfield isn't the answer

Reply #824273 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Liz cracks the shits and is handed a tech right on queue.

Reply #824274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That offensive foul was crap to be fair

Reply #824278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mansfield is not the answer imo but but deserves compete against the others.
Mitchell was the answer for a longtime, but no longer good enough.

Reply #824279 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I don't like it, but (for whatever reason) the refs have been consistently calling it all season. Liz is the first player I've seen get a tech as a result of disagreeing with that call.

However, the offensive foul called against Liz earlier (in the 2nd qtr, maybe) was poor. There was nothing in it.

Reply #824280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #824281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers had me sweating there. Thank you Sara Blicavs

Reply #824282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta say don't think tonight is a game to crap on Mitchell. She played really well tonight

Reply #824283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz deserves every tech +1

Reply #824284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does no one else get bored of the constant Liz bashing? We get it you hate her, don't need to bring it up every day. Some actual intelligent conversation about the game would be nice

Reply #824287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did O'hea get injured? Won’t be god for Flyers if she is out

Reply #824288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Fire won last 2 games and flyers beat caps ...caps, boomers and fire all 9-4 ....Townsville will get 2nd with split 2-0 over boomers and 1-1 with Caps but a 13 to 11 split ....big ask, but still possible

Reply #824289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Berger could be less selfish and composed, Flames would win this and a couple more. Coach's tolerance for her sporadic game is to question as well.

Reply #824290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also waited too long to sub in Lauren Scherf

Reply #824291 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

On the money here, and you can see it in full play in the current game , Ebzery getting hacked constantly and not a thing called, Edwards looked sideways at Rocci and gets a foul called.

I didn't want to be the one to say it first, being a biased Lynx fan and all, but yeah for a team that gets a dream run with the refs they do love a sook don't they. Great quality team but personality-wise I find them a turn-off.

Season over in a flash for Perth.
A mess of a start, clearly lacking cohesion & preparation, but I liked what they did over the journey. Got some good minutes into some promising young players. Sharp was obviously a highlight, and I was impressed with how Burrows handled the extra responsibility she was given too.

Reply #824293 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Totally screwed up the quoting in that ^ sorry
First 2 paragraphs were meant to be quotes, and the last half mine.

Reply #824294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats the likelihood of Perth retaining some of these youngsters?

Reply #824304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth want wa talent, so ya lookin at...

Stone
Antonio
Buluk*
Grida
Travers*
Shervill*
Bowen
Mading
Maker
Ferguson*
Wessels

Reply #824306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoops wrong thread.

Reply #824307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you think Lynx lacked preparation? They were training more than anyone

Reply #824338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I imagine they mean they lacked preparation without Whitcomb and didn't have time to rework their game plan

Reply #824350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they had Whitcomb all throughout prep. and then she pulled the pin at the last minute?

Reply #824361 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

My point was just that they looked discombobulated at the start of the season, and then fairly quickly improved on it after a few games, so whatever preparation the team had clearly wasn't enough.

The coaches would have planned things around an Ebzery-Whitcomb backcourt but it's not like they actually had those 2 players together during preparation for any significant time (if at all).

Reply #824367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I swear I would've made $100 if I got a buck for every time the commentator called a player by the wrong name in the Townsville Adelaide game. I mean seriously, we’re at the end of the season and they STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT

Reply #824373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Lucas a good coach or just a good recruiter?

Reply #824375 | Report this post

ZXZ  
Years ago

Lucas is a good recruiter as he can usually bring a significant amount of extra money to the club budget.

Reply #824377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas's rotations & player combinations are 'head shaking’ moments at times. Lightning are very light on high quality talent & I would say they’re the Worst Defensive Team in WNBL, it’s a complete mystery in what their principles are around the Pick N Roll? Tville’s half midget (Reid) looked like Kristi Harrower in the Pick N Roll game thanks to Lightning’s pathetic defensive efforts to guard the Pick N Roll!

Reply #824378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville Fire are the real deal ....no whinging, no sulking, just play flat out and seem to be having fun

Reply #824380 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Adelaide are bad defensively but Bendigo are the worst defensive team in the league by some distance.

Reply #824385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should Bendigo exist next year?
Probably should have brisbane come in.

Reply #824390 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Bendigo should of course continue, but also bring in Brisbane and let New Zealander put in a team instead of the NZ government paying for their players to take up roster spots on Australian teams, have a ten team competition, which would also give more opportunities for more Australian players either already here or returning from college , make it like the men's comp , it’s had exposure via this hub season, now it’s time to get behind it and make it bigger not smaller .
Sure Bendigo struggled in many ways, but they also gave opportunities to players who they wise wouldn’t see court time in the big teams like Flyers and boomers , the league still needs underdog teams that can grow

Reply #824431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or just align teams with nbl and have 10.

Reply #824432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes o se se qld has 1 team and vic have 3.
Bendigo cannot afford to co pete in wnbl.

Reply #824433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At a minimum Bendigo need someone who can coach at this level

Reply #824434 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Or just align teams with nbl and have 10.

What so the women's comp can be "Also rams" behind the men

Time the women’s competition was taken seriously and shown some respect for the competition it is , second best professional league in the world after WNBA , which is a far larger and financially supported competition but still way behind the NBA

Time for all sports and there supporters to into the 21st century
And start treating men and women in sporting leagues on equal par

Reply #824445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,
You do realise every other major sport is aligned for a legit reason.
AFLW, nrlw, w league, cricket, hockey... many more.

Reply #824448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not the second best league. It’s ranked the 5th.

Reply #824449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've watched every game of the Hub and I will never put it on equal par with the Men’s competition let alone the NBL1 Men’s brand. For the most part besides 3 or 4 games the standard has been rubbish.

Reply #824451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it’s fair to base your entire opinion of the WNBL competition on the hub season. Minimal preparation and basically no breaks. The quality has been much higher in previous season where the players are actually able to prepare

Reply #824452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More excuses? You're either elite or you're not

Reply #824453 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Anon,
You do realise every other major sport is aligned for a legit reason.
AFLW, nrlw, w league, cricket, hockey... many more.

Aligned in what way , they are UNDER those banners maybe but none are on equal footings , that's the point I’m making , and while they are continued to be looked at and thought of as "second rated" which is what so many here always try to bring up , being “aligned” means nothing really

Reply #824454 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Play to a similar standard as the men and then your league will be considered equal and gain the same amount of attendance, viewership and sponsorship.

Good luck wanting the same success as a similar entertainment product "just because" - it doesn't work that way in the real world.

Provide more value.

Reply #824455 | Report this post

I hope all the girls in the WNBL enjoyed there holiday, beach getaways, tanning sessions while getting overpaid cause it's only 'fair’

Reply #824473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be their holiday Einstein

Reply #824475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you misogynists even watch if you think they're so shit and overpaid. I don’t see the men’s national team winning medals at the Olympics.

Reply #824477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the field of teams is much less quality in comparison to the mens.
Only now do teams outside of the top 4 challenge those 4th, 3rd, 2nd.

The men's rankings goes 15-20 deep and can be competitive against those much higher.

The women’s top 3 has been set in stone for almost 2 decades.

Reply #824480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#477 because there has been zero basketball on in Australia moron

Reply #824484 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Last week

Why do you misogynists even watch if you think they're so shit and overpaid. I don't see the men’s national team winning medals at the Olympics.

Exactly right well said, and it’s the misogynists who continue to keep women’s sports as second class , still dragging their clubs behind them wearing their dead animals over their shoulders

Too many of them in areas of management, ( should be mismanagement)

Reply #824507 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Boomers need to take Madgen off way too many mistakes and missed shots , she's cooked

Reply #824533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heals worst game.
Nicholson and Aokuso fantastic.

Reply #824534 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Great win by the Fire
Heal wasn't hitting, but it's important that she stayed aggressive and kept looking for it. Impressive maturity I thought.

Reply #824535 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Another great coaching job by Molloy!!!!
Same shit as last season!

Reply #824541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fire just need a elite sg or sf next year.
Allen, Kunek or Wallace would be make this team go to next level.

Reply #824545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage just mouthed behind the refs back as she got subbed out that he is a C U next Tuesday. Classy Liz. Don't ever change

Reply #824547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm convince broadcasters have been told to defend Cambage. It's so obviously every time, she's innocent in their minds.

Reply #824548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not bad by the flyers without O'Hea

Reply #824551 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Very solid win

Reply #824552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm easily coach of the year,.. finishing.2nd with a young team that he chose on one of the smallest budgets.

Reply #824554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Missed the start is O'Hea going to be back for finals?

Reply #824555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol smallest budget

Reply #824557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does have one of the smallest.

Reply #824558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do agree that Seebohm is coach of the year, but also don't underestimate the effect of home games and actual pre season preparation

Reply #824560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fire budget is in the bottom 6 of the league

Reply #824561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 year extension for Seebohm should mean takeover opals after 22' home WC.

Reply #824562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#484 maybe get something else in your life you loser.

Reply #824563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't have spent less than Adelaide-Smith, Perth-Whitcomb, and Bendigo
Nicholson, Antiko, Heal, Payne, McKay, Murray, all dirt cheap
Whole season at home must be hard

Reply #824564 | Report this post

ZXZ  
Years ago

Townsville's budget may be small officially but so much is paid outside of the budget. Do not underestimate the value of having Army as sponsor. Like having Gerry Ryan helping flyers; just a little more discrete.

Reply #824567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nicholson cheap. Yeah ok.

Reply #824568 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Another great coaching job by Molloy!!!!
Same shit as last season!

On the money with this comment LOL

Surely Boomers board won't repeat him again next season

Reply #824572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The other players were cheaper yes.

Reply #824573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another season another O'Hea injury potentially ruining the flyers chance of a championship :(

Reply #824575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umpires kept letting caps back into the game, sick of them always getting the best of the umpires. How they managed to get 6 more fouls for in a 19 point loss is baffling, surely the attacking team would draw the most fouls, or at least similar amounts of fouls.

Reply #824577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you even watch the game?

Reply #824578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you? That first quarter they got about 4 sets of free throws in a row when they were down bad, with very little in each foul.

Reply #824583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Caps also won a game against Perth earlier in the season due to a non call of a blatant charge. It's not even just my own team, any caps game I watch they get the better of the refs

Reply #824584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roster improvements for the bottom 4?
with Aussie/kiwis and college players or transfers from other teams.

Reply #824585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mansfield/Mitchell
Schwagmeyer/Anastaieska/Delaney
Kunek/Rowe
Maley/Planeta/Boag
Scherf/Burton

Nakkasoglu to Melbourne as backup

Reply #824586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#584... typical perth...block

Reply #824587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#577 Flyers shot 6 more triples....might be something in that

Reply #824588 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Nakkasoglu to Melbourne as backup

Lol why , and if Molloy is coaching what pg would want to play for him , he did nothing for Cole, couldn't keep Mitchell, Garrick has taken 6 years to finally be a main player, Conti got out of her contract and poor Antoniadou couldn’t get off the bench and she’s a better PG than Nakkasoglu , she’s a floor general , Nakkasoglu just shoots at every opportunity

She should stay at Sydney where she can at least get a good run.

Reply #824598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw that play as a no call or a block, not a charge and no where near a "blatant" charge.

Reply #824615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard or soft are irrelevant to refereeing.

Very little is still a foul. Break the rules significantly or marginally the rules are still broken.

Referee decisions have always been an uncontrollable factor in every single sport. If you can't accept that as part of the game you should consider not watching. Yes the League as all sports should be doing more overall to increase the education, training and skills of referees but that's a League/Sport issue not something complaining about individual decesions will resolve.

Reply #824619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please, please tell me this is the last season we see Molloy coaching any team!!!!!

Reply #824621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#619, you must be new around here, sensible comments have no place. Well said though.

Reply #824622 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How long does Molloy have left on his contract?

Reply #824663 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

How long does Molloy have left on his contract?

Will depend on how much BS he can spin to the board
But his departure is loooooooong over due

Maybe he can come back into the league with a legit NZ team , instead of his pretend "Melbourne one “

Reply #824697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see Molloy losing his job anytime soon, been a mediocre coach for years and Boomers still seem to think he’s perfect for the job

Reply #824791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754