Statman72
Years ago

Aussie MCB buys stake in Utah Jazz

Mike Cannon-Brookes the co-founder of tech giant Atlassian has reportedly signed off on a deal overnight to become part owner of the Jazz - seems he has tipped in a 'couple of hundred million'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/technology/hoop-dreams-come-true-as-cannon-brookes-buys-stake-in-nba-team-20201218-p56oqz.html

Who’s next - the Triple Zero 76ers?

Topic #47906 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great guy. He the bloke building the worlds biggest solar farm in n.t.

Reply #825306 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Statman that may require the sale of the Ferrari

Reply #825313 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

What he does with his money is MCB's business. I presume he pays a lot of money in income tax. He says he has been a passionate basketball fan for many years, which motivated his investment, so the spend probably does not reflect a calculated investment decision.
If that is so, I reflect that MCB's "hundreds of millions of dollars" invested in the Jazz was instead invested in grass roots basketball it would go a long, long way and improve the lives of many kids who live in low income districts.

Reply #825316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if he still flies on his Private Jet EVERYWHERE while advocating for climate change?

Reply #825320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aircraft can't uber electric yet until they reach an energy density of 420w/kg. We are like 5-10 years away.

Reply #825321 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

It'd be nice if he also chucked some spare change at the NBL. But great news.

Reply #825322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl all star team vs jazz every year

Reply #825324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy can do whatever he wants with his money. Wonder how many sanctimonious preachers donated to their club apart from sausage sizzle?

Reply #825338 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I use Jira and Confluence daily for work, I'm proud that an Australian company developed it even thoough I am not a great fan of Agile.

Good on him for chasing his passion.

Reply #825349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome news and good on him and hopefully now we stop preaching about climate change to regular people whilst his NBA team jet around the USA playing to empty stadiums

Reply #825398 | Report this post

Sixers  
Years ago

Red84 are you sure about him paying a lot of income tax?

"Tech giant Atlassian paid zero income tax despite taking in more than $1billion in revenue, tax records have revealed.

Its Australian billionaire founders Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar are fond of telling the government how to tackle climate change.

The renewable energy they advocate is largely dependent upon tax receipts to fund government subsidies."

Agreed with that he should invest in grass roots basketball instead

Reply #825401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently he is a basketball junkie. Would be great to have him involved in the NBL too!

Reply #825465 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He sounds like an NBA snob.

Reply #825548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754