Zodiac
Years ago

NBL Overtime Appreciation Thread

I just watched tonight's episode and I've gotta say the NBL does a great job with their Overtime show. I don't watch the show religiously but it's always informative and fun without descending into silliness.

Cam Luke may not be suited to calling games but I think he's a very good host and the trio all have great chemistry together.

Topic #48040 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They miss a lot of stuff, no talk about Perth loss.

Reply #830598 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I listen to it in podcast form and enjoy it. Agree that Cam, Santa and Corey work well together.

Reply #830600 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

If Corey's on, I refuse to watch for my own sanity.

Reply #830602 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Overtime is the perfect vehicle for Homicide rather than doing games.

Reply #830603 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Yes, I agree good episode. I like how Cam and Corey have calmed down and actually let Liam provide his full analysis. Corey particularly at times last season was too hyped. Certainly a great show these days.

Reply #830606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey was super hyped last season haha. Remember when he kept interrupting Cam and Liam and kept saying blow up the SYDNEY KINGS with dynamite. 8-)

Reply #830607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope.

Reply #830608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Luke and Corey are better at this, just keep them away from games.

Reply #830612 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Doesn't Homicide just make shit up on this the same way he does when "commentating"? I've never watched an episode.

Reply #830617 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Overtime has good and bad.

If it were just Cam and Liam it could get boring.

You kind of need some flavour of Corey in there, not too much, but a little to make it interesting.

Reply #830621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's bettter than the basketball show, that’s for sure. Heal is unbearable, rucker should just stick to training kids. Feel sorry for the fox sports lady, deserves better.

Reply #830622 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Basketball Show just feels so horribly cheap. Or at least it did when I watched a couple of episodes last year and never went back to it.

Reply #830623 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Still cheap looking just less cheap looking than last year

Reply #830626 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Whilst on the topic of nbl shows - noticed nbl ditched the post nbl analysis/Sportsbet show.

If the Stan sports/nine thing ends up happening (fingers crossed) - perhaps that opens possibilities of pre/post game shows on Stan? So that there is build up and some post-mortem.

Reply #830627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld commenting on a show he has never watched.

Go figure

Reply #830628 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

To be fair I watch every episode and he does make shit up.

The times he doesn't, he states the obvious preceded by "let me tell you" (that very much does not need telling). This would be dangerous in a drinking game, about as dangerous as Liam and Luke are lapping it up and stroking his ego

Reply #830629 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I think my favourite one was last year, when they spent a segment on the Bogut-vs-Long debate. Liam spent five minutes laying out all the numbers and other arguments in Bogut's favour, and then Homicide just yelled "He got a double-double!" (or something similarly inane) fifteen times really loudly.

Reply #830630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone watching the NBL or its related media?

Overtime is terrible witht he presenters wooden with no personality at all!

The NBL ratings are in the toilet!

Reply #830632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After saying he's not a stats or analytics guy, he sure does like to rattle off the stats line. Why? Because it's easy.

Reply #830633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perthworld commenting on a show he has never watched. Go figure"
I was going to say the same thing hahahaha

Reply #830634 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Overtime is the perfect vehicle for Homicide rather than doing games."

I actually agree with you, Zodiac. I still think the NBL could employ someone much better to do his job, but this talks show role is very appropriate for Corey - not too dissimilar to Colin Cowherd, Stephen A Smith etc.

Unfortunately, he's on games too though either way... Hence my overall dissatisfaction.

Reply #830635 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To be fair I watch every episode and he does make shit up.

The times he doesn't, he states the obvious preceded by "let me tell you" (that very much does not need telling). This would be dangerous in a drinking game, about as dangerous as Liam and Luke are lapping it up and stroking his ego

Haha thanks, that's what I assumed seeing Homicide on the panel and why I've never bothered. It's pretty sad when a NBL fan doesn't even try watching a NBL show because of who they hire.

I searched and found out last night that Heal has four sponsors for his show and now people are commentating on how cheap it is. Classic.

Reply #830651 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Overtime is the perfect vehicle for Homicide rather than doing games."

I actually agree with you, Zodiac.
I've been saying this since he started doing commentary five years ago, long before Overtime was even a thing.

Reply #830696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal's show is absolute garbage. Just a vehicle for his massive ego.

Reply #830699 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Fox sports woman on the Basketball Show is good. She does deserved better. She should definitely host more NBL games as a host.

It's a shame that all the NBL media is based in Crocmedia, Melbourne. I use to love catching up with the commentators after each game.

Reply #830706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#699 100%.

Reply #830711 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Where's a Caddee one...?

Reply #830714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754