Manly Man
Years ago

Hawks v Bullets Apr 7

i guess it will all depend on which players are still out ...

Topic #48323 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you attempt to write a preview please do it, not that crap. That's Jack's specialty. (Jack please include tip off time ;) )

Reply #841077 | Report this post

Manly Man  
Years ago

Harvey will play, Bairstow still out

Reply #841078 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Will Law play?
When Patterson back?

Reply #841081 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

According to Liam Law might be done for the season

Reply #841082 | Report this post

Manly Man  
Years ago

Fatterson activated instead of Law ...

Reply #841085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Law pretty much done. Fat still a ways off.

Another non-playoff season for the Bullets. 1-4 under Andrej's watch. And the 1 was a miserable first round exit as fourth seed to Perth.

Reply #841086 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

That opening post is better than 98% of Toft's Brisbun, Latte, Feral cat jokes.

Please continue.

Reply #841088 | Report this post

Manly Man  
Years ago

Patterson is activated on the playing roster, to "presumably" play tomorrow.

the best twitter reply to a "is he in shape?" comment is "round IS a shape" ...

Reply #841090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamar 'Tractor Traylor' Patterson

Reply #841094 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Where's your intel on Harvey coming from?

Reply #841095 | Report this post

Manly Man  
Years ago

https://www.hawks.com.au/news/injury-update-one-star-set-to-return-another-sidelined-indefinitely

Reply #841097 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Thanks

Reply #841099 | Report this post

Years ago

Goorj has said that either Simon or Adel might be going.

Reply #841105 | Report this post

BBanssss  
Years ago

Hi,

Drmic and Krebs will play ?

Reply #841108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow rubbish signing injury prone and Deng should go but won't be unless they bring in another replacement.

Reply #841112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A fat Patterson showed with the Breakers he can still play and that was with zero chemistry with teammates. He'll be good for an effective 15-20 minutes. It will depend on how well the Hawks can exploit him though. I suspect he may struggle against the Hawks tempo and athleticism.

Reply #841116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks for me, school holidays, will be interesting to see the crowd.

Reply #841120 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Good point. If it wasn't ridiculous enough scheduling three games in six days...

Reply #841129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The schedule is a joke the season should have been shortened but no Larry is a money hungry turd.

Reply #841130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Money hungry turd? You mean he wants return on his investment? Oh noes, what a horrible man!!

Reply #841133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did Goorjian say that Simon might go?

Reply #841137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd will be worse than usual is my expectation. School holidays and 3 games in 6 days on the back of some bad losses. Die hards only (including myself).

Reply #841138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has actually happened to Law? If he's not injured it stinks of what they did to that other import a few years ago, can't remember his name, but he was a gun. Maybe it's Lemanis attitude that's the problem and not these imports...

Reply #841179 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Travis Trice.

Reply #841180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah not Trice, but he's another one who went to dogshit when he went to the Bullets. Burford was the guy I was thinking of, reckon he was close to MVP until he got scapegoated.

Reply #841198 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh Perrin Buford, got you.

Reply #841200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burford was rubbish against any decent defensive player, didn't like defence himself. He didn’t last long in Europe, ended up in Asia some where.

Reply #841205 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Didn't Perrin Burford actually ask to be let go so he could play elsewhere?

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/42659-perrin-buford-requests-release-bullets-comply/

Law is actually injured, according to Liam Santa some ligament damage.

Reply #841210 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Either way Lemanis threw him under the bus.

I know Vic Law had been injured, but he was meant to suit up twice to play, now that tells me the injury isn't very significant yet now he's out for good? It's a bit perplexing, to go from game time decision twice, to out for the season unless he is having some sort of surgery.

Reply #841214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis said Law was the best import he'd had, he’s not playing him because he’s injured, some people are thick.

Reply #841218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"it stinks of what they did to that other import a few years ago"

This could literally be 5-6 Bullets imports.

Reply #841242 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

This game is vitally important for both teams.

At this stage the top three seem to be SEM, MEL and PER in no particular order.

Mathematically anyone can still get in but the realistic candidates are these 2 and Sydney.

A win here for the Hawks and it places a nice small gap between them and Brisbane.

And if Sydney loses tomorrow 4th spot really opens up.

Reply #841247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever loses this tonight will be struggling to make it. If Harvey is good to go I say Illawarra

Reply #841250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long way to go, who can beat Perth in Perth could decide fourth spot, or even who has still to go there.

Reply #841253 | Report this post

STHEaster  
Years ago

Another terrible crowd. Got to feel for the Hawks but their papers have been stamped.

Can't see them in the Gong in two years

Reply #841259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee certainly has left the D at home, how he's got away with this for years is beyond imaginable.

Reply #841263 | Report this post

Vodka 34  
Years ago

LOL that freudian slip, "they do seem a little fat Brisbane" before correcting it to say flat.

Reply #841264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke did that on purpose you could hear it in his voice. In other news Harry Froling continues to be absolute garbage.

Reply #841266 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Another enormous Hawks crowd tonight

Reply #841269 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Did they reach triple figures?

Reply #841272 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

17-4 in 3rd Bullets. Hawks yeh what nothing

Reply #841276 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Long time to wait to take a time out when your getting your butt kicked in the 3rd quarter. 8-22 now. Bullets by 5.

Reply #841277 | Report this post

Knowall  
Years ago

Are the Brisbane players the most vocal in their conversations with refs

Reply #841279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refreshing to watch a game where teams can play without anyone getting the Perth treatment by the guys in green.

Reply #841280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That call on Patterson for his 5th? Wow.

Reply #841282 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

A bit of home cooking. Refs screwed Patterson with those last 2 fouls. Fouled out

Reply #841286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Jatz, I jinxed it lol

Reply #841288 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Let's call it how it is. Hawks suck.

Reply #841290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd woeful.

Reply #841292 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Yeh leave Sobey open. Good thinking Hawks. Not! Game over. Poor play

Reply #841294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Vic Law is done you could see an import from NzNbl signed due to the fact they won't have to quarantine to 14 days and already in shape

Reply #841306 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I read Singler's name in a NZNBL thread. A forward, who can handle the ball, good IQ and previous team-mate to several current players and esp Patto.

With Braun, when the 3 played, it didn't work (IMO).

With Law, Bris were doing well.

If Law is gone and needs replacing, Patto can fill that role, then Singler, presumably game-ready and inexpensive would only improve them (back to Orlando Johnson standard again, anyway).

Patto over Johnson was a good deal.

Losing Law isn't.

Singler and Patto = Law and Johnson.

I am supposing that OJ won't want to come back. However, Lemanis certainly talked him up (not the usual diplomatic BS) and OJ may return, if asked, to be our minor saver ("savior" seemed over-the-top)?

This current roster, with Patto, and Law was starting to look great. Without Law we are still looking good (Patto did not achieve much last night but looking like he wants to play). The addition of either one of these two Singler/Johnson) would be beneficial without any disruption.

On the game itself, well I am thrilled with the unexpected comeback and result. Especially from our local players. Cadee and Froling really stood up and in reality, apart from Sobey, the rest of the roster could have done more/better but it was enough to beat the Hawks, with very little return from Patto. Thankfully, Harvey was off his game.

If we do get a Law-replacement (injury or permanent) before our Kings encounter we stand a good chance. Without that extra help, the struggle may be too much. And what if Law is actually OK and he plays?

Reply #841325 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I am hoping Deng Adel exercises his NBL1 out clause.

Reply #841358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All you know all's that we’re bagging Campbell for nearly bringing the hawks back on budget, now look like no nothings, plenty around here. The new manager part owner would be on three times what Campbell was earning for same results with a team also at at least twice the pay packet. It will be interesting to see how all this ends. Sometimes you have to take small steps, other than blow the whole thing up. It’s looking like the traditional hawks fans have walked away, those 2500 strong each season after tearing the guts out of it. I feel for Goorj.

Reply #841367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754