Zodiac
Years ago

Khris Middleton joins Brisbane Bullets ownership group

Professional basketball player and two-time All-Star Khris Middleton has joined the ownership group of the NBL's Brisbane Bullets Basketball Club. The already impressive ownership group is led by Kevin Martin and also recently added Thad Young.

https://nbl.com.au/news/nba-all-star-khris-middleton-joins-bullets-ownership-group

Topic #48336 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They got some good people buying in, if all stay strong I can see Brisbane being a powerhouse in years to come. Great result for LK and the nbl.

Reply #841588 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's the full Bullets ownership that we know of so far?

Reply #841592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK and the rest of the token owners.

Reply #841593 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Durant has previously given consideration to being part of the Bullets ownership group. That would've been cool no matter the share.

Reply #841596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Until LK wanted him to do in person promo appearances. (I kid you not)

Reply #841607 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Luckily it didn't happen because he texts bad things.

Reply #841608 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I'm wondering what the payoff is for them?

I am guessing this investment is covered by playing just one NBA game's salary.

Even if the amount is little, whats in it for them?

The investment probably loses money.

Is it like a hobby farm for them?

Reply #841614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Lovebroker I actually wonder the same thing, maybe even though it loses money its not a lot so it doesn't really matter to them?

Reply #841617 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

The investment is made on the gamble the team may be sold at a later time at a profit. That's what LK is working towards through continued interest and growth.

Plus it's cool to be a part-owner of a sporting team, I guess.

Easy to assume whatever cash each player has thrown in would be small fry for them.

Reply #841619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a tax write-off, plain and simple. These NBA guys have contributed no tangible benefit to the league but can claim the depreciating assets of a players contract to the tune or $1 or 200,000 almost straight away.

Reply #841626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"These NBA guys have contributed no tangible benefit to the league"

Dumbest comment on hoops goes to you sir, congratulations

Heard of a thing called exposure and publictity? This was posted around the web by some bigtime basketball journos.

Reply #841651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane was on the market for $5mill I recall. United was valued at $10mill. Glad to see no one actually read the article on the NBL website. If anyone had bothered to do that they would have found that LK has got 2 more wood ducks to join as well. The stupidity of the "experts" here continues to amaze me. Shame the NBL didn't release the other investors names as well. #Chumpsoneandall

Reply #841652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how you said mine was the dumbest comment and then tried to prove me wrong by providing examples of things that aren't tangible.

Reply #841668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kyle hines european star and melissa oden also part owners. hines would be perfect replacement for vic law

Reply #841683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754