Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Perth Apr 10

Danger game for Perf with this the second leg of the notorious horror run the "Sydney-Adelaide" run. Adelaide due a good win, Perf due a loss.

New GM at the Sixers could be the good luck charm they need.

Perth have got odds shorter than a midget at a Freak Show, but a lot of people had short odds on Phil the Greek getting to 100. Every season there is an upset game.

Adelaide's season is over, could this be their de facto grand final? Could they lift?

Topic #48338 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth by 14

Reply #841657 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

I was trying to figure out which 1 of these 3 Perth would lose but after beating Kings I just can't make a case for either 36s or NZ on Tuesday.
Perth by 10+ both games.

Reply #841665 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

You are correct mate. Perth's hardest leg of three games was Sydney, Adelaide and NZ won't be too much trouble.

Reply #841666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that kind of complacency can lead to an upset. Adelaide by 3

Reply #841671 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth to stumble by 15...paul to destroy cotton...macca Mcvay mmm feasts too....

Reply #841675 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

With Tassie on their minds on Tuesday I could see the Wildcats maybe taking their eye off the ball in this one satisfied with giving the Kings another black eye.

Sixers by 3

Reply #841680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep upset, Sixers by one.

Reply #841682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth nearly got stung by 36ers being down 21 at the half at the Hub. I can't see them taking Adelaide lightly

Reply #841686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Perth be focused on the Tassie game already?

Reply #841690 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Perth have been playing rubbish since they got back from the hub but have been grinding out their wins.

Lucky for them opposition players are dropping like flies with injuries and they can bradbury their way to another championship.

Reply #841693 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So Wildcats are lucky, blessed and now Steven Bradbury. Anything else?

Reply #841695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget home cooking despite having played more away games so far and the Cotton protected species crap too.

Reply #841696 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Haha lighten up ppl cant you tell im just stirring things up its all good fun in here!!

Im a cats supporter too but you must admit they've had a good run with injuries

Reply #841703 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Screw you, NBL, for scheduling this against an Eagles game.
And screw you even harder for scheduling our home game next weekend against an Eagles home game.
Not happy, Jan!!

Reply #841706 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hope ST Kilda get flogged again.

Reply #841707 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Haha got us Bol. I forgot you were a fellow Perth fan.

I normally find Perth hater posts amusing.
LV in particular makes me laugh.

Reply #841708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth have been playing rubbish. Perth by 15

Reply #841712 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

If Perth can ever find a way to play good they might win by 25.

Reply #841713 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I know Luuuc what a nightmare!! Ill probably watch the eagles on delay i cant trust sbs on demand. Have to wait a day until they upload the replay and thursdays game loads as the bullets game instead. Hopeless!

Reply #841716 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

On the other hand cant trust the eagles either. They'd be happy with themselves after dominating last week so that usually means they will strut around like peacocks next game. Cant decide now!!

Reply #841717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is definitely a game the cats 9 game wining streak can fall . Not sure it will but it'll be a hard fought game

Reply #841719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do NBL refs have a quota of charges they have to call every game? Jesus Christ no league in the world calls more chargers than this league it's a joke.

Reply #841725 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haha lighten up ppl cant you tell im just stirring things up its all good fun in here!!

Touché.

You know someone would've mentioned Bradbury down the track anyway.

Reply #841726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide hit some fluke shots but is only 4 up while Perth are sleep walking .

Reply #841727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mooney travelled before passing to Cotton, Paul fouled on the last shot. Refs not changing a winning system.

Reply #841728 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

This is some real trash from the cats boy we need another 4/5. Bairstow has been servicable but hes out of his depth

Reply #841729 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

We may need Connor Henry to bail us out of this one

Reply #841734 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Henry isn't coming to the party today he's actually leaving Paul out on the floor

Reply #841735 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Not our night so far. Adelaide playing great D and nothing dropping. Hopefully cotton can make a shot in the 4th

Reply #841736 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Geez they couldn't hit the side of a barn. This is atrocious!

Reply #841737 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

Adelaide are playing very well. How awesome has Pinder been today?! Wonder what brought that on.

Reply #841739 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Pinder beast mode.
Game over that 3 from Dech is the nail in the coffin.

Zodiacs boy Giddey playing well too.

Reply #841740 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Pinder channeling his old man hes swatting everything

Reply #841741 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Adelaide should retire Pindar now, he'll never play this well again.

Reply #841742 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

Dammit I don't think Adelaide need Cotton’s help.

Reply #841743 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

And i just took a peak at the Eagles/Saints score.. this is depressing :(

Reply #841744 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

I'm ok with that call because it's been that way all year...BUT that's an offensive foul on DJ for the fend off

Reply #841747 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This feels weird.

Reply #841748 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Stiendl dunks like Wagstaff lays up.

Reply #841749 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

Wildcats circa 1992 could still pull this one back with the old foul + 1and1 game....

Reply #841750 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Enjoy in 36ers fans your boys earned that one...but know you'll never shoot that much out of your ass again. This is the pinical of you bottom 3 season.

Reply #841751 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Clint Steindl.. whoah whaoh whoah what is he good for??

Reply #841752 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

We deserve all the shit Adelaide fans heap on us for this loss.

Steindl and Wagstaff and Jervis and White all need to retire after the season. Lo Buluk and Bairstow should look elsewhere.

Reply #841755 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Well done Adelaide. You're not a team that has much success so have a few beers and enjoy the win .

Reply #841757 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And here comes the overreacting...

Reply #841759 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I cant fault wagstaff this season the cats just need more shooting depth for when cotton is well held

Reply #841760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs didn't help

Reply #841761 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

Goodness Perth Fan, where's your loyalty? Your team drops one game and you trash half the players...

Reply #841762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be three losses in a row

Reply #841763 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

The sixers have always been a hard team to beat for the cats no matter where on the ladder they are

Reply #841764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical Perth fans. Stupid rednecks with big mouths

Reply #841765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trev out coached! Had nothing in the timeouts. Bryce is shut down they have no answers.

Reply #841766 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Trash half the players. Our bench has been shit all season. It's reality I don't lack loyalty.
Cotton had a shocker, Perth had a shocker.

Reply #841768 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That was a hell of a performance by Dech

Reply #841769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry going to prove all the naysayers wrong, he said Paul wasn't ready and got him ready and he played like an nba player. If Humphries can turn up like he started the season Sixers can go on a run. Giddey if he’s a second round pick I hope I hope they trust him to play the season in Australia before going to nba, in saying that he’s certainly a first round chance. Johnson is to good a player to not have more Australian jumpers. Pinder and McVeigh have got better as seasons gone, again good coaching helps.

Perth look tired and Cotton needs rest, Perth might be better giving him a break to freshen him up for finals. They just didn’t have there normal aggression, even Gleeson was not his normal yelling beast.

Enjoyable game from a neutral. Love the nbl.

Reply #841771 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That was a hell of a performance by the whole team. DJ outstanding, Giddey outstanding, Pinder game of his life, Henry out coached Gleeson etc

I can't remember the last time we played that committed at both ends of the floor.

Reply #841772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See Perf can't win when they face an almost full strength side just ask LV

Reply #841777 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

That was a great performance by the 36ers. There's been a lot of talk about rivalries lately but I think the Wildcats Vs 36ers has been the greatest long time rivalry.

I don’t think there’s need to ring alarm bells for Perth. They had open shots that they missed. 36ers got the same and knocked them down.

Reply #841779 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Live by the three die by the three.

Reply #841780 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I must have missed it the other week, what is wrong with Crocker?

Reply #841781 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

It's ok loss...Perth playing every other day..pathetic sched!

Reply #841785 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Congrats 6ers. From a Perth POV that loss felt long overdue as our form slid downhill, but no opponent seemed to want to put in a full 40 minutes against us and get it done. Adelaide were excellent.

How far away is Humphries?

Reply #841789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kb_24 biggest flog
I bet bullied as a child so gets behind a keyboard to play tough

Reply #841796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth missed a heap of wide open threes. In fact I think Perth actually generated better shots than Adelaide for the majority of the game. But Adelaide made their shots, some were ridiculous but they went down so credit to them. Missing wide open shots is not the worst way to lose a game. Sure Adelaide played some great D on some possessions but Steindl cotton and Blanch must have missed 10 combined wide open threes, they make half of them and the game changes.

Reply #841799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth only on top of ladder as they the only team with no major injuries to any major players.
Melbourne - hopson, white , Goulding
Sydney - Vasiljevic, cooks , Martin , Glover
Cairns - Noi, Deng
Adelaide- Humphries, Crocker
SEM - half their team
NZ - more than half

Etc etc
Perth won't beat teams with full strength

Reply #841802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ hahaha lol.

Reply #841804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey is much better than LaMelo. Lottery surely.

Reply #841815 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Giddey better than La Melo.
How amusing.

Reply #841818 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

No Cotton, no Perth

Imagine Perth had to deal with multiple injuries like most of the teams in the comp

Reply #841822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a fantastic win. I hate Adelaide less then I do Perth. Great result. I have always said Henry Conner was great coach :)

Reply #841823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV grow up

Reply #841826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love him or hate him, LV does have a point. Look at how Perth faired tonight when Dech locked up Cotton. They were beat by one of the two worst teams in the league.

Reply #841827 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Look at how Perth faired tonight when Dech locked up Cotton.
Cotton missed a lot of very makeable shots, as did a lot of other Perth players, while Adelaide hit everything they threw up.

Not a concerning loss at all.

Reply #841828 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Keanu is a good personal friend of mine snd everyone has been giving him such a hard time I know he had been struggling mentally I could not be prouder of my homeboy he was so good today he belongs in this league as a pro. Everyone here who basically can't throw a pea in the ocean and criticise him all the times can basically go do one. He’s proved everyone wrong today.

Reply #841832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he belongs in this league as a pro"

April Fools was 11 days ago, come on now.

Reply #841835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder is a solid player, every player on a team isn't going to be a scorer .. you a player here & there to do the intangibles. He’s not the greatest of NBL talent but similar to little things some like Wagstaff, Shaun Bruce, Oglivy, Terangi, Tyrell Harrison does

Reply #841839 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

LV I agree we haven't had any major injuries but that is not a reason to discount our ladder position, you play the team that is put out against you. It's no surprise that in just about every league in every sport the team that wins is the one that can put their best players out there every week.

You are essentially blaming every other teams fitness for perth being near the top. It's like the Swans blaming North Melbourne for the Western Bulldogs being top of the AFL ladder.

Reply #841849 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

There is no need to validate to LV or anyone else why or how Perth is/was on top.

They just are. What happens on the side is not on Perth.

People love to put asterisks against others achievements.

Reply #841857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide was 1st in the effort area's and wanted to win more than Perth. Perth look shot even against Sydney but yea, forgot the last time we won in Adelaide?

Has cotton won in Adelaide? Either way I reckon this season even with full line up’s very even season.

United have the most talent yes but don’t mean shit in finals

Reply #841874 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Sixers winning whilst missing Humphries and Crocker hopefully shuts down the whole Perth beat other teams because of injuries.

Adelaide were better on the day. Hitting 6 of first 7 three pointers would have given them momentum.

Reply #841886 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide play well against Perth historically - they usually put more effort in and DJ tends to play better against them too.

This is what "rivalry" of sorts does

Reply #841908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754