Anonymous
Years ago

Sam Froling will play in NBA: heal

Shane heal has said during today's call that Sam Froling talent is not spoken about enough and said he will play in the NBA one day.

That kind of caught me by surprise as I didn't think he was that good.

Is heal on the mark here?

Topic #48349 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Isn't Heal close to the Froling family?

Not to disrespect Sam I think he will have a solid career but NBA not on the radar.

Reply #841944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl only

Reply #841950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Froling is 21 years old!

If he can develop a 3 point shot he has a chance, not saying he will but he definitely has to chance. He get with the right trainers/circle he can

Reply #841956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal said Harry would be an nba player, now that's working out well. Sam got more up side, don’t see enough athleticism or height. Heal just looking after his mates, should not be on commentary.

Reply #841968 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Heal still thinks cadee is an nba player

Reply #841990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling is kicking arse this year. NBA is about who you know and opportunities.

Some idiot said "That kind of caught me by surprise as I didn't think he was that good." That proves to me you know nothing about talent what so ever.

Reply #841995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal has his favourites, cadee and the Frolings.

Reply #842005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks again Shane.

Reply #842012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA
National Burger Association.

Harry is there already.

Reply #842014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries, landale, wetzell are the only local bigs with a shot.

Reply #842016 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I remember hearing that Craig Moller had an NBA shot. lol. There are a lot of decent players in the NBL that wont make the NBA for a whole range of reasons and a lot of those players are a lot better than what Sam Frolling is now.

Sorry, but I just don't see it. What is this NBA level skill that he has? Could he develop? Maybe. But as of right now there is nothing about him that says he's going to the NBA.

Reply #842021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller was invited to summer league, not certain that's a shot, didn’t happen due to summer league cancelled because of covid. Tate is doing great over there, imo Creek is a better player or at least equal. Sometimes it’s luck, right spot right time, know someone in the system.

Reply #842023 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Spot on it's who you know, right place right time etc Creek got his shot in the NBA because Weaver was an assistant with the Boomers, same deal with Tate he got his shot because of Weaver.

Summer League isn't really a shot though it's still a long way from making an NBA roster. Plenty of guys get spots on SL rosters usually through contacts but don't play, you've got to get minutes and play well at SL to be chance of getting a Training Camp invite then you've again got to get minutes and play well enough there to be a chance of making the final roster.

If you're outside the NBA bubble you need to be great at a certain skill to get a look in and at this stage Sam Froling doesn't have that. Plenty of better bigs around outside the NBA that would get a look in before him. Maybe one day but personally I don't see it more solid than Harry but not as much potential as him.

Reply #842025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is spot on with Sam he has all the tools to be a great player. For the person who said that Heal said that about Harry well the difference is dedication to it and Sam has the right body type to make it in the NBA when Harry doesn't. Also looks like he is willing to learn and Harry doesn’t

Reply #842028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA is all about what you do at an skite level. Will Magnay is a world class shot blocker. Tate is elite in switching an on ball screen 1-4. Broekoff a shooter (though not as much at the moment. Sam Froling is solid at every aspect of the game and elite at none. I don't see what element he can take to the next level. He would have to be a 4, and to put that in context Landale is a 4 with a lot more polish that can’t get a look in. All NBL is Sam ceiling for me (which is nothing to be sneezed at).

Reply #842029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*skill

Reply #842030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's so good about Sam? Just looks like an average big man to me. Not particularly athletic or skilful.

Reply #842046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harry froling reminds me a lot of Nikola jokic

Reply #842048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he won't shane

Reply #842049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Froling has a lot of potential to be a great NBL player.

But he doesn't any X-factor required to be an NBA player.

There is at least 10 players in the NBL, maybe 20, that would get an NBA opportunity before him.

Reply #842050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Heal his agent ?

Reply #842051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's really young, I think that's worth remembering. The numbers he's putting up in the NBL this year are pretty solid at his age, and the question is whether his shooting, IQ, and lateral mobility improve enough for him to play the 4 in the NBA. I think he's a better player than Landale was at the same age. But as others have said, in a lot of cases it's about who you know, getting the opportunity, and playing well at the right time.

* comment not to be taken in any way as endorsement of Heal or his commentary.

Reply #842062 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

And for every NBL player of promise there will be a dozen in Euroleague and a hundred in the US ahead of them.

As was said previously, unless you're elite at some particular skill you depend entirely on contacts. Being tall or able to hit 3s isn’t enough these days.

I think Heal follows the principle that if you say the same old crap often enough then eventually people will believe it.

Reply #842066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling doesn't have the fluidity to his game to be a modern type of big and doesn't have the power to be a traditional big.

He'll be a good nbl player, but that's it. Laughable to compare him to Landale.

Reply #842094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. They are nothing alike. For one, Froling ties his hair up in a knot at the back of his head, while Landale has some sort of kebab shop owner mullet going on. Totally different player.

Reply #842095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that's right, follow the principal, how many on here were brainwashed into thinking Adel could play. Say it often enough and it becomes truth.

Reply #842097 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

To be fair even an NBA team thought Adel could play too.

Reply #842102 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hope Froling makes it or ends up doing well in Europe.
But for now just work on improving his nbl standing.

Reply #842108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Harry did have a chance but when season ended he gained a lot of weight and did terrible in his NBA summer workouts he lost everything ... had a little buzz after winning ROY

Reply #842118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In my opinion, if you're going to make the NBA you are going to come in as an 18 year old or thereabouts and be able to make an impact against experienced NBL vets consistently. Not every game, but you’re going to have moments where you’re almost unstoppable. The only players in my time I’ve seen play at that level is Newley, Ingles, Mills, Penney, Dellavedova, LaMelo and Giddey. And Newley and Penney didn’t make the NBA for long and Giddey hasn’t yet.

Reply #842121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754