Pop
Years ago

Big V player stats

Hoping someone can help me.

How do you find the season stats for individual players in Big V?

Topic #48353 | Report this topic

Pop  
Years ago

Including averages etc

Reply #842105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at game stats - the which are still incorrect, add all numbers together then divide by number of games played.
New platform doesn't provide season totals and averages

Reply #842110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the new platform will not do that at any point?

Reply #842122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New certainly doesn't mean better in this case.

Reply #842132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many people complaining about this. Big v have really dropped the ball this time

Reply #842133 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I believe this is coming from contacting the office staff after I had the same query. I believe this is geeting built still as a function display for website and BV working with the new stats software people on this still.

Reply #842139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.australiabasket.com/Australia/basketball-State-League.aspx

Reply #842154 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Why and how is Chris Anstey Daughter playing she is a registered NCAA student and is not allowed to play. NCAA rules and they would not bend the rules for anyone. UCLA would not be happy if she loses her eligibility which would happen if she keeps playing

RULE 17.3.1 NCAA IS PRETTY CLEAR.

A student-athlete who participates during the academic year as a member of any outside team in any non collegiate, amateur competition becomes ineligible

NCAA Rule 17.3.1

Time to do the right thing like everyone else does!!!!!!!!

Reply #842158 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBL1 is using the same program this weekend...

Reply #842159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 central started on the weekend just passed. They have readable stats for all games. BigV on the otherhand..

Reply #842160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Anstey has decided to stay like Potter

Reply #842164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

UCLA signed off on Anstey playing so no problems there. She'll be a Bruin when she’s allowed to get over there...

Reply #842166 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Sorry, wrong.

UCLA don't sign off on athletes playing the NCAA does its a rule the Colleges cannot sign off . The student is an NCAA athlete the rule is a NCAA athlete Rule, so that wont fly. BTW UCLA know but are not supportive and have no say in wether she has "signed off" So the easy answer is to say UCLA signed off on it and the correct answer is if she keeps playing and the NCAA find out she will lose her eligibility, black and white.

Reply #842179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob you have know idea of her status as a student nor an athlete at UCLA. Mind your own business and leave the kid alone. She's been through enough the last 12 months.

Reply #842180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No UCLA for you.....

Reply #842190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you've got it the other way around Bob. She's allowed to play Big V whenever she wants, she wouldn't be allowed to play at UCLA if she is in violation of any rules.

I would suggest though that they've done their due diligence on this, or maybe as someone else has suggested, she's not playing college anymore. Either way, sounds like Bob or his team are playing McKinnon soon and trying to get rid of one of their better opponents.

Reply #842191 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Firstly, wrong wrong wrong. NCAA rule 17.3.1 pretty simple, oh and it is in english for you. plain and simple.

RULE 17.3.1 NCAA IS PRETTY CLEAR.

A student-athlete who participates during the academic year as a member of any outside team in any non collegiate, amateur competition becomes ineligible

NCAA Rule 17.3.1

UCLA haven't given her permission to play (verified) secondly they don't give permission the NCAA does and if the NCAA have this would open the bucket for every student athlete who has not played in or outside of the USA to play anywhere. Along with all this Student Athletes coming back from the end of this year would be able to play as she is in exactly the same position as them.

Based on this
All division one players coming home if their college say sure you can play we will let you even though the NCAA will not and jeopardise your scholarship - all good. NOT

Question is she a registered NCAA Athlete - yes
Question - Is she a student - yes
Question is she bound by the rules of the NCAA- yes
Question should she be playing - NO
Question do they know this is wrong - YES
Question is it a breach - yes

Based on your principle you are saying that if the College says it is ok it then it is ok to play.
well then why does every college have a compliance department that report infractions to the NCAA or that has to abide by the rules?
due diligence is one thing arrogance is another.

Should not be playing..

Reply #842209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob, have you spoken to Chris directly? Seems like you have a beef with someone and seeing as he is pretty active on social media and happy to converse if you ask questions, it might be a better option than on this forum.

Reply #842220 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

how would that make the issue compliant. The point is should be playing or alternatively them everyone play. It.s like the the cross court rule, it applies to all not to some.

this is a forum not a message bank

Reply #842231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob I would suggest it's not an issue for you to get worked up about. They've made a decision and would be very well informed. Relax Mann.

Reply #842234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like 'Bob' got cut by Anstey lol

Reply #842237 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

never got cut
never played his team

Its not over until the right thing is done.

Reply #842259 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Alright, lets move on from Bob. I'm very confident that all the correct checks have been made and decisions based on what the player has chosen for their future.

Back to the stats.

Firstly, as stated numerous times, the stats that are available are incorrect.
Secondly, if there is no way to get the season to date stats at a players level apart from the manual calculation, then what does this mean for any season records.

Is this season just going to be a total wipeout? What are the impacts for a players career stats, any seasons awards etc.

I can't even wrap my head around how things like minutes played in a game for a player can read as 41, where there is no overtime and game only has 40 minutes.

Or a player is listed as 6 personal fouls

Reply #842264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V is a disater this year.

I wonder if NBL1 will have the same issues?

Reply #842282 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Bob - her enrollment same as Potter's has been deferred due to legal requirements by the state of California, which has been accepted by NCAA. This means she is not an NCAA sanctioned athlete yet and as long as she doesn't breach her amateur status, she should be fine.

Reply #842283 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

ALPHA

My New friend

1. she is on the roster at UCLA look it up ( potter is not)

2. she is an enrolled student look it up at UCLA

3. you cannot defer college you have to enrol within 12 months of graduating high school. The only exception of this is if you do not play in that sport at all from the day you graduate onwards.

case in example - that is why you see kids playing AFL football go over later as they have not played American football at all or even since high school.
therefore a 24 year old can go to college as a kicker because they have not competed in that sport.

4. Potter declared pro Because you cant do both.

Please don't treat me like an idiot.

the legal case was with ICE nothing to do with playing rules, you seem a little confused so let me spell it out for you.

you cannot play in a professional league and play in college at the same time.

The legal case was around entry into the USA not in regards to playing. If the school was Hydrid or face to face both of them could have gone over.Therefore all the school had to do was to enable either of these two, but they couldn't do that due to COVD in California, nothing to do with ICE the law or NCAA - that is a college issue.
However playing is under the rules of the NCAA is different.
So please don say things and then make it look like you know what you are talking about.

now back to my point what is fair for one is fair for all.... If she is not allowed to play and does not have a letter from the NCAA ( the one with the logo on top) then she cannot play, irrespective of being fair or not to other BIGV teams.
Other girls couldn't go over and have not been able to play, whilst here.
The are 20,000 international athletes and you're saying that it's all good she is the only one in 20,0000 allowed to play.

not correct.
the bottom line is that under the rules she shouldn't play and should do what other do when they come back in between seasons train with teams.

FYI, for your education and those girls coming back those girls on the transfer portal however it is a different issues because they are not at a school and in-between. so they can come back and play whilst looking for a new college.

I don't want to bang on about it but let get the correct story out there.
either declare Pro or don't play. Don't confuse the issues as we want them all to play and if she has the letter from NCAA then allow this to be a chance for other girls and boys to use this when they are asking the NCAA for permission as it would set a precedence and help them.

US Coaches are talking about this just look at the forums here it's a topic.

Aplha let me know if you need anymore understanding and lets get them all playing not just one

Reply #842293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously Bob, stop banging on about it!!! Go straight to the source and find out rather than sitting on this forum gibbing off... As someone suggested previously, Chris would happily fill you in on what has transpired...

Reply #842310 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

seriously, whats the point will get the same answer,

by the way
gobbing off (comparative gobbier, superlative gobbiest) (Britain, slang, derogatory, said of a person) Inclined to talk in a loud and offensive manner.

I haven't loud and haven't been offensive at all - just factual

Also if the Source is incorrect whats the point going there. I am correct i know that i am in the system. No diss respect to Chris i am making a point across the board.

bottom line as i said when i was gobbing off not allowed to play and therefore shouldn't thats a fact.

I think i have made my point as correct as it is it will all be worked out i am sure all parties will come out and clarify at some point.

Reply #842313 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

by the way
gobbing off (comparative gobbier, superlative gobbiest) (Britain, slang, derogatory, said of a person) Inclined to talk in a loud and offensive manner.

Also if the Source is incorrect whats the point going there. I am correct i know that i am in the system. No diss respect to Chris i am making a point across the board.

bottom line as i said when i was gobbing off not allowed to play and therefore shouldn't thats a fact.

I think i have made my point as correct as it is it will all be worked out i am sure all parties will come out and clarify at some point.

Reply #842314 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

by the way

Reply #842315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob = Flog

Reply #842318 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Now your getting personal.

If I am a flog I am a correct Flog at least.
Actually I am happy to be a Flog that knows something.

The point is I am correct prove me wrong !!!

Gobbing off

Being a flog

All personal attacks to a factual conversation whilst looking out for what is fair and equatable across the board for International Athletes.

Why would she not play NBL1 then if she was allowed to play.

you are all missing the point.

goodnight from

Bob the flog

Reply #842319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, still a flog...

Reply #842337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And a bitter and twisted flog by the look of things. Maybe Chris Anstey took him out with an elbow and he's trying to get back at him? Whatever it is, Bob’s not happy!! lol

Reply #842338 | Report this post

Dirk Diggler  
Years ago

Well Said Bob, your not a flog you need to tell all of them to stop hiding under a log.

Great information for any person really, I think you have opened us all to what goes on and what could be an issue for all kids and families.

I am interested in the fact that players on the transfer portal can come home and play whilst in- between.

thanks Bob

Reply #842444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the topic of the thread, any danger of Big V prioritising actually having stats over putting out player and coach of the month (2 weeks after the month ended).

Reply #842480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"[Bruins coach Cori Close] said UCLA is trying to appeal to the NCAA for a waiver that would allow Anstey, a 6-foot-4 forward, to train with an Australian professional team on an amateur contract like the one Potter used previously until she is allowed to join the Bruins."

Maybe the appeal was successful

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-03-01/court-dismisses-lawsuit-international-athletes-us-teams

Reply #842488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is a former Boomer on the forum fighting with a random bloke named Bob?

Moral of the story is Bob gonna be snitching to NCAA about this situaiton...better have your ducks in a row to get this one over the line.

Reply #842491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This Bob is not a random bloke.
He's well known in Victoria. Always happy to share his opinion whether he’s right or wrong.

Reply #842504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Bob is not random, who is he?

Reply #842505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about Bob the flog

Reply #842508 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Bob should just contact BA if he wants clarification - pretty simple I would have thought rather than post 25 messages on here lol bagging everyone and the player. He will get correct info then on this.

Big V and NBL1 all go through BA on things like this for their final approval tick off before letting these players play and adding them to any teams.

Reply #842515 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I am tipping there was delays in announcments on player of month cause of new stats system issues across first 3 rounds?? But great to see them now announced ! always love these announcemnbts. Better late than never I say!

Cant believe people arent happy about the awards? The fixing of the stats system and website is up to IT developers and BV. Good to see big v staff are still punching out stuff like this despite the stats issues - cause they are always a great discussion point also amongst our group and good reward recognition for everyone!@

Reply #842518 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

HI all Bob the flog here, great to see some spirited conversation going on.

Let me say this and sorry I am late it's getting dark now so have some time to clarify some more flogness for you.

Firstly let's not confuse an appeal or case with the rules they are two different things.

IZZY and Potter could have gone to college if only the college was not online, many other kids were able to go so that is the only reason they couldn't go.

In fact at least 15 kids went over even after the borders closed because their college was hybrid or face to face.

UCLA did not want to do hybrid or face to face but other colleges in California and all over the USA did. Point in fact it was the College status of online that stopped them not ICE.

Now moving forward. Izzy can train with any team thats not an issue the issue is she cannot play in any professional competition or even amateur competition where a score is kept, stats are kept, singlets with number are worn as a team, and referees are officiating outside of the NCAA sanctioned competition -plain and simple.

This is because she is a registered NCAA athlete, also on the UCLA team website and a full time UCLA student.

The whole point of this is and no disrespect to Chris, he wants the best for his daughter, but I am trying to advise that she can lose here scholarship if she continues and is observed playing by the NCAA or any other colleges that are watching, it is also not fair to all the other NCAA athletes that abide by the rules.

Pretty straight forward really.

PS, not in Victoria, Not a flog, not an opinion all factual.

happy to provide some more flogness from Bob if you i wish and thank you #842504 you are on the right path.

Reply #842519 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

# 842518 - you are delusional like seriously i am worried about you.

BA and NBL1 and Big V sign off on the NCAA now who is the flog.

Reply #842520 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Good new Jaz Shelly Committed to Nebraska

Reply #842521 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

#842515 FYI i have never bagged the player or any player or anyone so talk some sense or get of the forum.

Reply #842522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob sounds like fun at parties.

Bob I'm sure things like this have been checked and covered. Relax and enjoy the games.

Reply #842527 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

842527 thanks for your message we will see what happens from here and watch with interest over the near future thats for sure.

Reply #842528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob do you think old mate he former Boomer will have a dip back at you again?

Reply #842534 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

#842534 - not sure lets hope commonsense prevails and she doesn't play anymore or this week-- way to risky, free advice but worth plenty.

Reply #842538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob mate, if you don't think a high major multi million dollar athletics program like UCLA wouldn’t be doing their due diligence, you need to learn more about that landscape.

You’re making a fool of yourself.

Reply #842545 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

#842545 - Sorry?
you are not making sense are you saying that that UCLA would be telling the NCAA what to do, thats like an AFL Club telling the AFL what to do.

Mate my facts are facts your not bring any substance to the table, verify what i am saying before to doubt my Flogness.

Reply #842548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its usually easier for these colleges to say NO because they don't want to get caught up in an NCAA investigation

Reply #842549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob I'm saying I would be sure that UCLA would have sought clarification on this before letting Anstey play.
Covid has also meant the changing/relaxing of certain rules around timelines of eligibility.
I used to be heavily involved in this space as a job. She will be ok.

Reply #842553 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

#842552 well if you work in it heavily you might have lost your job for providing wrong information.

UCLA and NCAA are completely different UCLA might have said that they can play at your own risk.
I guess the clarification needs to be verified if she can or cannot as i have said if she has an exemption (from the NCAA the one with the letterhead at the top) then others should get one to play here.

Point in question why has the NCAA denied others based on inquiries being made and saying that the rule is the rule and they are not allowed and have said it is a blanket rule.
The worry is this will highlight this situation as being unfair and or should set a precedence if correct.

forgive my flogness but i to know the NCAA rules working in it daily with Colleges and Athletes and compliance people for a living makes it a more understand mind field and i am only trying to help.

Reply #842555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grey area Bob will be the fact she hasn't yet taken the court.

We aren’t privy to discusssion between Anstey’s, UCLA and the ncaa and to think that all involved at the High Major level wouldn’t have done this before seeing it by a guy with a bee in his bonnet shows a clear lack of how it works.

This is why it was part of my job and why I was good at it.

But feel free to keep going.
This is like playing chess with a pigeon.....

Reply #842558 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Are you talking about on court in the USA or Australia?

Reply #842560 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

So #842558 you calling me stupid with your saying,
so now let me do this seeing you have ruffled my feathers! i will find out and the the pigeon will strut around knock over all the pieces and shit all over the board.

the rule is rule , Chris don't risk it either turn pro or don't play we want to see her play in college.

FYI #8425588 - slow down on your meds, she only needs to be under the NCAA eligibility to be under the rules.

By the way BOB not happy and is upset at your verbal treatment of him.

Reply #842561 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

so now let me do this seeing you have ruffled my feathers! i will find out and the the pigeon will strut around knock over all the pieces and shit all over the board.

the rule is rule , Chris don't risk it either turn pro or don't play we want to see her play in college.

FYI #8425588 - slow down on your meds, she only needs to be under the NCAA eligibility to be under the rules.

Reply #842562 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Reply #842563 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Sorry all i posted 3 times, I was consoling BOB he is upset

Reply #842564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Bob.

Perhaps start a thread with its on topic in future.

Reply #842573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those playing along at home.

Once signed, before playing a college game, players can play and not be paid (nbl1, the old SEABL etc)

As with covid, everyone has been granted an extra year of eligibility.

Incoming that extra year means Anstey and anyone else in the same boat is simply playing the season they would have been granted if 2020 went ahead.

Or, she's simply chosen not to go to college.

Bob under a normal year and circumstances you would be correct. Given the covid extra year scenario , this would be why Anstey and anyone else ina similar boat are allowed to play this season.

Reply #842586 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

#842586 This is now stressing Bob out.

Based on your analogy any international player who doesn't get on can come back whilst a student and play in a pro or semi pro league and it is just NOT true.

If it were true Potter would have played WNBL last year bit couldn't because she actually did the right thing and had better and clearer advice

And for those playing at home if what you said was correct the notion of an amateur contract to satisfy ncaa requirements wouldn't exist.

That allows kids like Shelly and Maley to play before heading over, they wouldn't need it if eligibility started when they played their first game. You are wrong wrong wrong its when you a accepted as a student into the college.

so lets put it to the test for all the kids so they can play not just one.
I have emailed ncaa over night so ill let you know what they come back with and who in fact is Correct.

You are treating my like an idiot or a pigeon gone wild

will inform all when i confirm what i already know.

back soon
BOB
the FLog
the Pigeon
The Gobber

Reply #842602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So back to bigV stats

Reply #842616 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Bob - if a player is ENROLLED in a US College they can play back here under certain provisions, however this needs to be cleared by NCAA. The route is simple - a player makes a request to a college and then college clears it with NCAA. There are heavy penalties involved, not just for the players but for the programs too.

Now about Anstey, she is not a student yet as she doesn't have a visa granted, yes she signed an NLI but that's it, she is committed to that program but NOT enrolled which doesn't make her a student. I don't think you can find this information by simply googling it since it's private. Believe me or not, NCAA is not black and white as you stated, there's plenty shades of gray.

And yes, the kids can play NBL1, which is by your definition a pro league, and still be eligible. If you were correct, not a single athlete who attended CoE and played SEABL/NBL1 would be eligible, and there's plenty of them including Potter.

And not really sure why you are so wrapped about this, what she wants to do is entirely up to her, whether you like it or not.

On a different note, BigV website and stats do suck.

Reply #842621 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

ALPHA, you are living in the past mate. please see inline: ( means answer underneath)

Bob - if a player is ENROLLED in a US College they can play back here under certain provisions, however this needs to be cleared by NCAA

RESPONSE - WRONG WRONG WORNG living in the past ALPHA read the NCAA rules.

________________________________________-
The route is simple - a player makes a request to a college and then college clears it with NCAA

RESPONSE - correct - but has not been cleared by the NCAA if so then bring it out.

Now about Anstey, she is not a student yet as she doesn't have a visa granted, yes she signed an NLI but that's it, she is committed to that program but NOT enrolled which doesn't make her a student.

RESPONSE - She is A STUDENT look at the UCLA website this is why people are so confused because they are listening to you who knows nothing. Is she doing classes online? yes look at the articles.

BTW she has visa has to have one to get her F1 you are showing you inexperience Aplha.

RESPONSE - WRONG WRONG WRONG . THEY CANNOT.

If you were correct, not a single athlete who attended CoE and played SEABL/NBL1 would be eligible, and there's plenty of them including Potter

RESPONSE - They can play before August 31st of the year they are starting as freshman - just so you know Alpha After that date they cannot.

_____________________________________________________________________-

And not really sure why you are so wrapped about this, what she wants to do is entirely up to her, whether you like it or not.

RESPONSE - not wrapped up in it . I am saying it is worn and no one out of anyone on this forum has made a valid discussion because i am correct... The more you state utter rubbish the more i want to prove it. It is unfair for the other kids who are not playing because now listen to me ALPHA THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE NCAA THAT THEY CANNOT PLAY .....
But as I said I will provide the forum the correct answer soon, but please don't profess to know that you know as you don't and even know what you are saying, it is confusing and wrong and misleading for other kids and parents.

BOB OUT – Until we get it from the source.

Reply #842633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there an error in the statistics or did I correctly read that Kate Gaze dropped 47 points in senior championship women

Reply #842645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She's just playing there to push them up to NBL1

Reply #842796 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Bob is Back.

been a crazy 24 hours but will enlighten all soon.

Reply #842824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Kate Gaze dropped an efficient 47

Reply #842853 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Evening all, Bob is back.

A couple of things since all last had some healthy banter.

- Did i see Izzy at the WNBA draft is going pro? Found and this is for Apha.

FYI.

- Is a Student as she is on the list.

- Could have played this year if the College was Hybrid ( nothing to do with NCAA)

- Cannot play under the NCAA rules ( this one is for the super recruiter that was good at his job)

- Another one for the super recruiter who is or was good at his job but is not now - they cannot play NBL1 BIGV or in any professional league whilst enrolled as a Student Athlete and or with the NCAA.

BOB OUT.

Reply #842939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Job was compliance.

Will say again. Big Grey areas with Covid and there will be indidivual circumstances.

- she may not be going back. None of or business

- due to nature of the problems with her visa specifically linked to California law, likely case made for exemption. Likely granted. For certain Chris would not have been granted to clearance for his daughter and thought ' fuck I better get this on hoops for all of the armchair experts out there'

- I know they can’t play while enrolled. Said before they start. As mentioned above, not sure if you’ve been following the news or not, but there is this thing called a pandemic which is effecting people in different ways. College sports especially. Different leagues and conferences were able to operate with varying degrees of problems all year.

- no more need for any more moves pigeon, let’s sit back and enjoy the basketball getting underway and mind our own business.

Reply #842947 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Aplha putting up white flag heh?

your reply sounds like you are having a long lunch? doersnt make any sense, if so keeping drinking my new friend.

let me say this :

The pigeon has not completed all the moves on the chess board yet but has jumped on the knight and is riding that L... f.... all the way home baby.

you said she wasn't enrolled - duh !read back Aplha

California Law more like you are California dreaming Aplha.
ICE operates in all states.

see link.

https://www.sportico.com/law/analysis/2020/ucla-basketball-bruins-immigration-1234617687/

If it wasn't for Harvard no one would be going back, they won the case in 10 minutes. Maybe UCLA should have called the law class at Harvard to fight the big fight.

See link.

https://apnews.com/article/6f5ac1e31079d8af136e6816972a7dfe

Bottom line not allowed to play...

Bob the Gobber AKA the Pigeon

AKA @100% correct.

Don't play
Don't risk it
Don't lose scholarship

Giddie up pigeon let's ride baby this home.

Reply #842968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can everyone going forward please ignore this first class gutless loser sitting home picking the wings off flies when he's not trolling the Hoops forum. He's a sad sack that sits at home alone since his dog died and makes trouble for eveyone becuase he's ruined just about everything he touches!!

Reply #842972 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

lol don't have a dog mate and no i am @100 correct no need to get personal.

pigeon out!

Reply #842997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob, Gobber, Flog, Pigeon or whatever else you want to go by - what's your next move now that said person played on the weekend?

Reply #843622 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Bob here thanks #622 well wasn't going to do anything but this is the epitome of arrogance. Is that you Alpha?.
In answer to the question yes she did play so did another girl who has come back from the USA and who should not have also. It will be found out and then lets see who was correct.

Back soon

Reply #843643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob can you please advise Chelsea what to do next

Reply #843679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive lol ^

Reply #843710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob the Pigeon Flog, is it the said player you are interested in or more the Association she plays for?

Reply #843711 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Hi Sure whats the problem down at Chelsea,

I am happy to provide my intel and advice to you.

I am starting a new segment called Just ask Bob.

you can ask me anything and i will give you the best opinion and solution to the problem along with insightful comments about the topic within basketball and the people involved a no holding back reply.

Oh and don't forget to tune in tonight for my NCAA player update from our banter last week, where Alpha though he was top dog (maybe a few year ago but not now Alpha you are in the abyss)

I will let you know on who is playing and who shouldn't be playing according the the NCAA. Along with the latest information on the ruling direct from the NCAA.

don't forget "Ask Bob,

my reply to you #769 is you should have asked me 2 years ago what to do and you would have the problem you have.

Bob

Reply #843767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob reminds me of Bear. Miss Bear ! been MIA for a while

Reply #843769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob do you not read posts on here? Where do we start with Chelsea!

Reply #843880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob the Pigeon Flog, where are you???? We're waiting with baited breath on how you’re going to solve the first world problems with the NCAA!,

Reply #844064 | Report this post

Rob the Pigeon  
Years ago

Rob the pigeon flog here, Bob's brother in arms. Don't be too keen Alpha, the ball is rolling, those concerned will be contacted very very soon.
Bob's homing device has malfunctioned

Reply #844229 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Reply #844240 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

bob is back

Reply #844241 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

So here is the scoop sorry for my lateness peeps been cleaning out the Coupe great to see my bro rob online miss you come homing pigeon soon !!!!
so you asked for it and here it is Aplha big dog / Old Dog and to the chosen one that used to be good at his job.... don't forget to book in for you lesson updates mate i think you might need a refresher.

Firstly;
• Anstey has no waiver - no waivers have been granted by the NCAA
• Should not be playing in a semi-professional league and as a division one registered student athletes is not complying with the NCAA rules.
• Penalty would be the potential of losing a year of eligibility when she goes to school this year as they have to complete a compliance certification and will have to declare she was playing and then UCLA will have to report this to the NCAA at that time.
• Therefore she could miss another year of playing at minimum once she attends campus. So in saying this she could turn up after this year of not playing and not being able to go and then have to sit out another year, is that really worth the outcome playing BIGV????.

Secondly;

There are division two girls who are back here playing in NBL1 that shouldn't be, and they seems to think that based on the assumption that they are in division two so they can play.... WELL THEY CANNOT.

• Division two players cannot play in a semi-professional league at all being any league the same as division one.
• The definition of a professional league is where "any" players on that team are being paid to play and or where a score is kept and stats are recorded.
• However Division two players can play in youth league or a domestic competition that is purely amateur, however they can only start playing based on their colleges summer vacation starts dates.

For example Player for Dandenong Amy Baum should not play NBL1 for Dandenong as she will lose a year of eligibility ( by the way she played last week) and is now in potential situation of losing a year at HPU.

• However She can play youth league but she can’t play until her college Summer vacation dates start example May 10 2021. After this date she can play in youth league.
• @Coach Klayman hope you get this message, not that it matters down under with the rules but it will for those returning to their college.

Please note
NCAA has had no covid waiver for any athletes in Women’s or men’s basketball for the 2020/21 season and this means current. The rules directly from the NCAA so read carefully if you are a division one player or Division two who has come home after the season and are in Australia until you return back to college.

This information is for all of the below Student athletes.

1. Current enrolled Student in Division one and Division two.
2. Any Student Athletes who are in the transfer portal currently.
3. It does not apply to Student athletes who have committed and who will be incoming freshman for the 2021/22 season they are eligible to play up to the 31st of August 2021 before school commencement.

Division I Division I eligibility rules for Bylaw 17.33 outside competition remain the same in terms of not being permissible after initial full time collegiate enrolment.

Please note for Division II participation in organised competition in basketball after the collegiate season is over, the student will need to wait until they are in their Summer Official Vacation period announced by their own institution which they currently attend full time. I have copied the corresponding Division II bylaws below.

17.4.9.1 Non collegiate, Amateur Competition. A student-athlete shall be ruled ineligible for intercollegiate basketball competition if the student participates in any organised basketball competition except while representing the member institution or except as permitted in accordance with Bylaw 14.7.5.

14.7.5.2 Additional Exceptions for Basketball Only: (a) Summer Competition. There are no restrictions on the participation of student-athletes in outside basketball competition during the summer in an amateur competition.

Reportable infractions:
• First, the NCAA school would have to report the violation(s) to the NCAA if they don’t they incur large sanctions.
• Second, the NCAA school would then have to partner with the student-athlete to complete what is called a “student-athlete reinstatement” process.
• It would be through this reinstatement process that the student-athlete and school learn what the eligibility penalty will for sure look like.
• Penalties can range from complete loss of remaining eligibility, to being required to sit out a specific number of future NCAA games or seasons before eligibility can be restored.
• The student-athlete in the transfer portal would still be considered an NCAA student-athlete if they have eligibility remaining. Therefore, they would want to follow the same Division I and II eligibility requirements we have discussed this week.

THIS IS BOB
THIS CORRECT
BOB IS GOOD.

PS. Alpha and others who used to be good at his job, bob is better.

PSS Don’t play , don’t risk it, listen to Bob.

This will only get worse for those who flout the Rules.

Bob off to play chess now!!!!

Reply #844242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have followed this thread and Bob is correct. Bellarine YLM2 will have a Div 2 College player joining them in a week or 2. Rules are rules and he could be a NBL1 bench player but will now possibly dominate in Youth 2

Reply #844249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Bob

Reply #844250 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

Nothing is wrong at Chelsea as all the problems have left, and they are re-building post that trauma.... Anyway, who is the flog who keeps bring up Chelsea? Dude or Dudette, get over it and move one.
Why don't you talk about any other club that could be facing a degree of change due to people leaving or being impacted by COVID? There are a few around!

Bob, can't disagree with any of your points about the NCAA rules either. They are really tight and really clear.

Reply #844251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So maybe after all of this, like we said, Anstey simply isn't going to college anymore? Her choice if so. All the best!

Reply #844259 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Thank you for your support with this as i have said it is unfair and correct rules are rules.

Pigeon to rook
and knight to good nite

Sorry i thought Chelsea needed help.

Bob

Reply #844296 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

What has happened at Chelsea now?

Reply #844299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back on topic, any idea when Big V are going to get player stats up?

Reply #844300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sir Robert the Pigeon Flog, I am not here to start an argument suffice to say I understand where you are coming from. My query is have you actually asked the said player's father about this issue? I have spoken to him directly and he has stated that he has in writing approval from the NCAA in relation to his daughter playing. I have not read this document so cannot advise what is actually stated. All I am saying is perhaps speaking to this person about the issue may appease you in relation to the matter.

Reply #844333 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Thanks 844333,

I can tell you that there has been no waivers provide for any divisions and UCLA was denied a waiver for her to play and were advised. If this was true then all the other athletes would have been granted out of precedence and they haven't... guess what they have denied also.

Maybe 844333 check to make sure it is one with the letter head on it my friend or even get a look.

My basis is fact yours is based on an assumption and or someone telling you something and you could say anything to defuse it but i have provided fact, supported by fact, supported by fact.

For example my name is Bob and you believe me. don't you don't you?

therefore my name is Bob end of story.

let us wait and see.

Reply #844361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll wait and see then... Until such time you are ill-informed... If you are so hung up about this wouldn’t it be easier to ring him yourself to find out the fact straight from the horses mouth?

Reply #844373 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

844373 - not I know it was denied I know she has no waiver i have spoken to the NCAA and numerous colleges.

My point is not about her it is about fairness and equity for all kids that should be allowed to play if she is.

I have many student athletes wanting to play and see her playing and have been told they cannot.

Therefore I validated that she has no waiver other wise these kids could play as the waiver would be permitted for them.

Refer to post 844249 who has confirmed what i am telling you.

How am I Ill informed

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the NCAA, parents , players and association should be warned.

BOB OUT

Reply #844412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why you still going with this???

Reply #844417 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Listen to me,
I am gong on about this as there are Student Athletes here in the same position and are not allowed to play.

So if you say its true then why would potter declare pro and not stay as she was and play in bigv or Nbl1, she was at the same school in the same situation.

I am going about this because it impacts others and if it is true (not) then post it or publicly declare it so then all the other kids can use it to allow them to play like her. its about the overarching right to allow all to play not just one.

Imagine if all of them can use the same alleged waiver she has as you say " the proof" of being allowed to play, we could have JAZ Shelly playing NBL1and all the players coming home playing and watching them as well.

so why are you not agreeing with me and arguing, if you know what is the right thing and you have spoken them then do the right thing.

help them all.

BOB

Reply #844425 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

By the way I love Chelsea.. IS THAT NEAR THE BEACH.

Reply #844426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob if you really want to help, then tell us who you are rather than a sh!tty alias so there some credibility

If you don't want to reveal thats cool too, but let it go and just chill and enjoy and contribute anonymously (like most of us) with out taking everything to heart

Not the place to 'fight the fight' dude

Reply #844495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Move along, nothing to see here - Bob's still a Flog...

Reply #844508 | Report this post

RTP  
Years ago

on one hand you want Bob to move on, but when he does you all post where are you? you all love it as much as he does, Bob you need to start a blog

Reply #844525 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Dude, why you think my name is not Bob. what does it matter what my name is (whats yours Aplha) don't worry a little pidgoen told my when they were flying out north on their way to warmers air streams.

As i have proven in relation to this breach and un ethical conduct led by a person who should know better you are not above the law or rules.

Bob wont let it go until it is fair for all. you may not like me or what i am saying but i am correct and you all think i am wrong but i know i am not. i too have seen things that people cant see i am the voice of reason and the hand of justice.

bob not a flog
not a pigeon

Bob is a leader for all kids and more so for those who do the right thing.

NCAA are watching this weekend, so are conference commissioners and opposition teams in the US.
they will be watching all league stats...

Do the right thing, know the rules, play by them or go pro.

Bob

Reply #844723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just had a read of this thread have to admit quite amusing.

Also just saw Chris get booted at the BigV game McKinnon versus Bulleen. Was not happy. I can understand him being disappointed after all his daughter was having a shocker.

Reply #844888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened?

Bob must be stocked!

Reply #844901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would you prefer to know? Chris getting a disqualifying technical foul for mouthing off and marching on to the court. Remonstrating and carrying on like a petulant child. Or the continuing tantrum as he marched across the court and kicked open the door on the other side?

Reply #844934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The irony of Anstey losing his shit by a stray elbow hitting one of his players and getting ejected for it should go down as all time classic.

Reply #844936 | Report this post

donotreach  
Years ago

STILL no word from the league when e will get player season stats?

Reply #845015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont hold your breath. Big V have mix tapes to make

Reply #845033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And face masks to sell.

Reply #845041 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

Hi ALL, how are we. Bob is back,

didn't realise how much pigeon shit I had to clean up this week, so sorry took awhile before i could come back to my loyal friends and foe's

Alpha whats up Dog ? you gone quiet on me... Cold out north is it.

Firstly I thought I did a great job refereeing on Saturday night at GESAC. LOL.

Anyway, good to See Amy Baum didn't play word has it a few Colleges in the USA were aware and may have made mention of it to people in her conference. - Good Job Amy look forward to seeing you play youth League legally after May the 10th.

Now back to the elephant in the room, what is going on Tech fouls ejection blah blah. Come Chris..

Further more and this is a full circle are the stats correct in BIG V Izzy 28 minutes 1 point better fix that UCLA will find that a little hard understand.

Still awaiting word from the above, but to keep playing against the rules is very Ballzy I must say. Don't poke the bear big fella, heed my advice stop Playing her....

BOB
PIGOEN
FLOGGA

Legend Blogga

Reply #845160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you would like to see how fantastic the coaches daughter played watch the game tape. I believe it is just above the stats. Are the stats perfect for the game no, but not far off

Reply #845297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Izzy Anstey's bags were already packed for her move to UCLA when COVID-19 turned the world upside down. A year later, the @UCLAWBB freshman forward will finally be able to join the rest of her teammates in Westwood.

https://t.co/jFwgoaQx7o

Reply #853323 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Don't tell Bob that!

Reply #853325 | Report this post

Bob Bobalina  
Years ago

No need I am here, Bob has been resting waiting for the garden gnomes to come out.
Fact - I never said she wouldn't go, but she will not play as she will cop a 2 game sit out for every game she played in BIV V. But thanks for the comment.

Lets just wait and see.. Compliance has to VET her playing record and submit when she arrives on campus and submit to the NCAA if they Lie UCLA are in trouble if they don't she will miss at least games played 8 x 2 games for every 1 so 16 games.

YOU CANT TELL ANY TALL TALES AROUND THE FACTS.

enjoy

bob

Reply #853391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld can make up tales.

Reply #853400 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Two years ago

Can Bob Bobalina come back please

Reply #890483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754