Aussie
Years ago

Will Magnay waived by Pelicans

That's a shame. Hopefully another NBA team will pick him up

Topic #48355 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a possibility an NBL club could pick him up?

Reply #842181 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Im sure a lot of NBL clubs will be making enquiries. Perth possibly at the top of the list.

Reply #842183 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes please

Reply #842184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he still linked to Brisbane in any contractual way?

Reply #842185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He needs to try and stay in USA and hang around the league

Reply #842188 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah if I were him I'd go the G-League route and hope for a call up, rather than come back here, quarantine, then play a handful of games.

Reply #842192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how everytime someone like this becomes available, Perf fans immediately say the Wildcats will be making enquiries. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Reply #842194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Another Anon a Perth fan? I saw Peter Hooley suggest something similar too. IT'S NOT JUST PERTH FANS.

Reply #842195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the g league over for this season, he can hang around but he’s probably better playing. Unless Brisbane got a pay out I don’t believe he can go elsewhere.

Reply #842198 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Melbourne United need a 4. Just sayin

Reply #842199 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Wouldn't Brisbane be the logical choice especially with Law out.

Reply #842200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #842201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've got some new owners on board who can help with the $$!

Reply #842202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne, Sydney, Illawara, brisbane, cairns, nz and Perth all need him.

Reply #842203 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

So basically everyone except SEM and Adelaide.
Hope he comes back to NBL for rest of this season but doesn't give up on NBA in the future.

Reply #842205 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If United or Perth get him, they're automatically clear favourites

Brisbane get him and you'd expect to see them sneak into 4th and become somewhat of a smoky. Issue would be getting him here and suiting him up ASAP.

Reply #842207 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

But I hope he gets another NBA gig, tbh.

Reply #842208 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't Brisbane be the team that don't need him, given Hodgson, Froling and Harrison?

Reply #842210 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Not a Perth fan, it just seemed the logical choice given that's what absolutely everyone agrees that Perth needs.
But I also agree he should stay in the US if possible.

Reply #842211 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Perth isn't the logical choice far from it, it's on the other side of the country.

The logical choice is Brisbane because it's his hometown, the Bullets are the only NBL team he's ever played for and their starting PF just went down with a season ending injury.

It will be interesting to see if he decides to hang around over there for another shot or comes back to help the Bullets make a playoff run. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit homesick and asked the Pels to release him.

Reply #842215 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Wouldn't Brisbane be the team that don't need him, given Hodgson, Froling and Harrison?]

True that he'd push Harrison out of the rotation. More romance really, is always good seeing guys return to their original teams.

Reply #842218 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

He should go to Melbourne United.

Reply #842219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth isn't the logical choice far from it, it's on the other side of the country

No, Brisbane is on the other side of the country

Reply #842221 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

How do Illawarra need him? They've got three fives already.

Reply #842225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be a free agent now afaik.

Reply #842226 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Correct he was released from his Brisbane contract so isn't obliged to play for them.

Reply #842228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Staying in the US.

Reply #842229 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Should probably stay under the NBA's noses really for now. The only way NBL will be of benefit is if he can come into a team where he can absolutely kill it. Coming here and being a role player on an already stacked team probably isn't going to help.

Reply #842232 | Report this post

millhouse13  
Years ago

There is also a chance he get's re-signed by New Orleans - as they are moving things around for tax purposes in trying to secure a wing player - perhaps Golden state may also have a closer look given their injury issues at that position

Reply #842241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe one of the 3 nba clubs interested will pick him up.

Reply #842242 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Good chance he stays in the States and picks up a gig somewhere else. Plenty of garbage teams at the moment giving players a run to see who could stick.

On the tiny chance he was considering returning, bring him back to Brisbane. Best option against the 3 bigs they currently have.

Reply #842247 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Would make sense to try and latch onto another NBA team. Realisticly he won't be more than 13th man on any roster so he should go g league or back to NBL next season and continue his development.
Easy to forget he is just 22, has improved immensely in last few years.

Reply #842251 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

SB Nation: While there's no avenue to playing time for Magnay currently, it makes some sense for New Orleans to bring him back when there might no longer be a tax penalty in signing Naji Marshall to a regular NBA contract.

I reckon they’ll bring him back for summer league at worst.

Reply #842261 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If he comes back to the NBL, which teams need him?

Adelaide have DJ and Humphries unless the recovery is way off.
Brisbane could slot him in as a PF, would fill the need to cover Law instantly.
Cairns - Let's not even bother.
Illawarra - already have AJ and Froling, but could fire Adel and bring Magnay in.
Melbourne - could fill the gap of White but Barlow goes back to the bench.
Perth - PF slot currently held by Jarred Bairstow so a good place for Magnay to slot in.
New Zealand - Already have Delany, Iverson and Loe.
SEM - Already have Creek, Moore, Wetzell but the latter 2 could go to the bench.
Sydney - Also needs someone to cover for Cooks or push Hunter back to the bench.

Reply #842276 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Magnay has knocked back interest from NBL teams and as he needs minor foot surgery anyway he will remain in the US and prepare for the Boomers Olympic training camp in Las Vegas.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/nba-will-magnays-future-in-limbo-after-being-waived-by-the-new-orleans-pelicans/news-story/31d4a4fa419e51d9eaafe00f22c4390e

Reply #842289 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Wow. News.com.au actually given a s*** about a non-football code!

Reply #842291 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

Magnay if goes to the NBL is only Brisbane he said that before he left

Reply #842334 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

shocker there

Reply #842597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville already making inquires

Reply #843195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I love how everytime someone like this becomes available, Perf fans immediately say the Wildcats will be making enquiries. EVERY SINGLE TIME."

I love how everytime someone like this becomes available, Perth fans say the Wildcats will be making enquiries, then Perth signs him. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Reply #846922 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I love how when Magnay announced he was intending to sign with the Wildcats all the haters were doing mental gymnastics on here with scenarios on how it possibly wasn't going to happen. It must really grate them. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Reply #846935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754