I think a few people need to apologise to BSA HP coaches. Gold Medal talks

Topic #48382 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

First time since when?

Reply #843147 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

My apologies......how many more do you need to make a few?

Reply #843149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they don't. It doesn't work like that.

Reply #843158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't country won the bronze as well?

Reply #843165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #843167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McPhail still an average coach just had the 2 best kids in the age group to make her look like she can coach ..

Reply #843189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 and 3 in the age group.

Reply #843190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No of course she's still not a good coach......
Fuck wit!
Tell us all about your National Championship gold medals hero.

Reply #843191 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

NSW did not even medal.Metro boys got outplayed by ACT in Bronze Medal game and the rest were a long way behind.

Maybe NSW Basketball need to look at who is doing their High Performance roles and have a change along with their State coaches and Network coaches.

Vic metro boys had to be one of the worst Vic Metro teams in a long time and Vic Country boys terrible.

Reply #843192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

191 why does he/she have to have performed at that level to make a judgement?

So you've never had an opinion about an NBL or NBA player? Never criticised a referee? Never passed judgement about a politician?

I'm guessing the answer is no then? Unless of course you're an NBA referee and player who also served in parliament.

Reply #843194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, I would like to say that State is governed by egos and political alliances. Lastly, normally the team with the greatest talent wins, coaching is secondary.

Reply #843196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1st and 5th on the girls and 6th and 13th (LAST!) on the Boys side.

SA has always stayed strong on the girls side. Aus Junior and Open team rep shows this. SA for decades has produced elite female basketballers. SA M had 2 of the best 5 players at the Tourney, including the standout best player. But they also went 4 maybe 5 deep. That's it. 1 contributor off the bench and 4 of 5 starters. The rest non contributors or not even worthy of minutes. That's not a positive for a State with SA's track record.

Those that know the U18 Comp and SAM team know this boys team over achieved and congrats to the Coaching Staff and boys for that.

For many reasons this years 18 Nationals is the weakest and most inconsitent group for years. Across all teams. Vic M Boys and Girls, QLD South Boys and Girls, Tas Boys, NSW Country Boys and Girls all struggled at times or underperformed. WA Metro boys winners were not standouts either.

A lot of states should be reviewing their resources, programs, staffing. Covid is a factor but even Vic can't soley blame COVID. They need to make further changes.

If you want to be blinded by one Gold Medal good for you. But it proves nothing about a HP program that continues to have major flaws under 3 different Managers. The current HP Manager is not the solution. That much is very clear.

Congrats to the girls, in particular the main 3 that stepped up despite big minutes all week and no legs by the end of the Grand Final.

Reply #843198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think sa women will win U16s in a suprise also.

Reply #843199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players like Gardiner, somfai, constanopolous etc.

Reply #843200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Qld, sa and wa might beat vic in u16s

Reply #843201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tournament team imo

Top age
Loughridge
Borlase mvp
Brazel
Ananiev
Puoch
6-heal

Best.Bottom age
Gray
Heard
Clark
Bradley
Petrie
6-juffermans

Reply #843202 | Report this post

Years ago

The team that won the Gold medal earned it well and truly .. team effort from all .. contributing in different ways for sure, but all part of the overall success. Individual success is important (and also well deserved both for talent and effort) but the team won. All 10 of them, plus the coaches.
Isn't that what a team is?

Reply #843207 | Report this post

Years ago

The team that won the Gold medal earned it well and truly .. team effort from all .. contributing in different ways for sure, but all part of the overall success. Individual success is important (and also well deserved both for talent and effort) but the team won. All 10 of them, plus the coaches.
Isn't that what a team is?

Reply #843208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the comments above are unbelievable, when you consider the kids are 16 or 17. Calling and essentially identifying kids as non-contributors is awful, as is stating that a team is the worst produced by a state. All probs written by has-beens and never-beens.

Reply #843214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuckwitt...Haha.. Victoria has hardly played for 12 months so you will always have a * next to your medal win...Some players just make coaches look good ... To Brazel and Borlase an outstanding week...

Reply #843221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't someone think of the children!?!?

Reply #843224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP.

Well done to the girls, their families and coaches. All of them involved.

I would not get too excited. A key way to measure is progress of teams year on year.
Then talk to families and athletes to ascertain the investment and inpact the program has made on them. The current crop of coe guys it is almost no positive impact on them and this has been the same for some time.

On the boys side athletes often wanting to succeed to spite the program that provides little to no value and if anything sabotages them. Think about that for a second. It is a big statement but that is the reality.

Where did the metro and country boys in this age group finnish in u16s. I agree coaching staff of the metro boys did a great job but the talent pool in the group is small and some jaded kids even elected not to bother with it. Why is that?

Reply #843231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to players and coaches. Great result

Reply #843232 | Report this post

Years ago

Can't see a * on the Gold Medal I’ve seen.

Pity you have to be such sore losers. It detracts from the excellent efforts of Victoria Metro who were undefeated right up until the GF.

SA Metro won that tournament fair and square and beat a lot of talented and solid teams along the way.

Suck it up Anon! Be a decent sport ...

Reply #843234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

111 I am not Victorian...

Reply #843239 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Any idea what programs BSA have been running at Wayville over the weekend. Sounds like good planning and organisation.

Fantastic result for the players teams officials and program and district clubs.

Reply #843243 | Report this post

Years ago

Of course you are not ...

Reply #843264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know where next years nationals are going to be

Reply #843266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayville 3x3 Development Camp u14's invitation HP Program this weekend

Reply #843271 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone mentioned SA Metro U16 names, have the teams been announced

Reply #843277 | Report this post

Years ago

The players and parents & clubs have known the names for a while, though people don't know when their going to announce the names officially.
FEBC
Petkovic
Constantopolis
Wright
Gardinier
NFBC
Somfai (bottom age)
NORTH
Real
Edwards
WEST
Grieger
Salandra
STURT
Portus

Reply #843287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know the U20 SA women's team?

Reply #843288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might struggle with height of wa, qld

Reply #843289 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That SAM list for u16 looks decent. Good shooters in there with Real and Somfai, add in Gardiner and Portus. They should be very competitive

Reply #843317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top 3 for sure.

Reply #843323 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

As a NSW observer who attended the tournament - a very big well done to SAM girls in winning the champs and overcoming VicM. I had expected VicM to win and I eat humble pie today. That said I am happy to be proven wrong on this occasion.

To win such a tournament, against all regions in the country, not just VicM - is a testament to devising effective game plans and marrying these to a well trained playing group. NSWM is about the same size as SAM in terms of teams, number of players etc, roughly one-third the size of VicM.

May I also congratulate SA Country for coming 5th. I got this one wrong as well. What a plucky team - no one with height over 6foot one. Always played with a lot of heart, always put competitive pressure on opponents, no matter the score line. I had expected NSW Country to be the bolter of the tournament - and they proved difficult opponents in their pool. But SA Country earned the mantle here.

As to the SA based critics - come on guys - back off. Your girls represented your state with distinction. They have clearly trained very hard and had parents who went to great lengths to support them. Grant them their moment in the sun.

Reply #843479 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

With all the great girl pg's playing bball in the U18 at the moment I’m at a loss to work out why Vic metro used predominantly one pg most of the games last week.

Reply #844009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, more time needed for salon and Peterson I thought.
Also had some injuries leading up to.

Reply #844013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't use much of bench at all, griffiths barely played.
They had burrows, another pg and Crichton a hard working forward in reserve.

Reply #844018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754