Craig C
Years ago

personal Basketball coaching

Hi, wondering if anyone knows of where i can get 1on1 personal coaching?

My son, 16, used to play district at woodville in junior divisions but after being dumped into the bottom grades in a horribly run junior system , he lost interest and now only plays school basketball.

He has won 3 MVPs at his school but he is struggling to get up to the next level and better competition. He has some obvious flaws in ball handling and getting past defenders to drive to the basket etc and gets frustrated because of this.

we are located in croydon but can travel anywhere within reason and outside of school times etc

Topic #48504 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So on the day that Woodville qualify 3 Boys teams for Classics, which is a remarkable turnaround (who thought they would even have 1 team qualify a year ago), and multiple strong lower division boys teams, you jump on here and bag the program.

Maybe could have asked without mentioning the club because that's some poor timing.

Reply #848377 | Report this post

Anonshitme2  
Years ago

Maybe should have stayed and those obvious flaws might have be fixed.. all the best...north or west ... plenty of coaching programs around. Hit up transition or KB or 3on3 comp....

Reply #848382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if Jason Williams still does individual stuff but he's the best, lots of players that have worked with him have improved out of sight.
Great person and his resume as a junior coach and player speaks for itself.

Reply #848385 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Tobias Dowdell runs Train with Tobias, they use PEAQ in Port Adelaide.
Great coach, reasonable cost, and have seen vast improvement in my sons game as a result.

Reply #848402 | Report this post

Bela  
Years ago

Joey Wright has an elite group of u18 boys, all of them are state/national players. He is training them in small groups and individually too. Highly recommend him!

Reply #848487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP never bagged the program. He stated what he believed to be the facts and wants genuine assistance. Not yet another person bagging people on here. Offer a constructive suggestion assuming you know anything about local basketball and private coaching.

Reply #848489 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lab46 out of Mawson Lakes has been fantastic for my two kids.

Reply #848503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear sensible and positive suggestions!

Reply #848542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"never bagged the program"

"being dumped into the bottom grades in a horribly run junior system "

Sounds like bagging the program to me. Ironic too considering the vast improvements Woodville have made over the last 18 months. Not a good reflection on the OP or their son.

Reply #848575 | Report this post

Craig C  
Years ago

ive tried to find train with tobias online but doesnt exist ?
joey wright and KB are far too expensive but thank you for the suggestion

Does jason williams have contact details ? where is he located ? mawson lakes is too far

anyone know anyone else for coaching in the inner west ?

Reply #850775 | Report this post

Craig C  
Years ago

i called out woodville as it was absolutely deserved anon and a gutless nameless coward wont stop me in the future either ..they refused to listen to my concerns and just fobbed me off as a disgruntled parent even though i was one of multiple parents that were pissed off

the junior system 2 years ago was a complete joke in every way ( the div 1 boys lost games by 100 points ) from the lack of direction to the complete lack of formal coaching, the absolute lack of care for the junior kids in the lower grades and right down to not even practising or playing home games at st clair

if its so fantastic now then thats probably because the muppets running the junior program arent there now

are you one of them anon ?

Reply #850776 | Report this post

Annoynmous  
Years ago

Maybe try gtm.
With rashad tucker. Trains out of shoot hq and also wayville. Does Am (before school) and Pm sessions

Reply #852743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if its so fantastic now then thats probably because the muppets running the junior program arent there now"

That would be spot on Craig. I think you'll find those muppets are long gone.
Good luck in your search. Hopefully you find what you're seeking. Some good suggestions above.

Reply #852772 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754