DJ
Years ago

Jarred Bairstow Released By Wildcats

Pity as he was a good role player for us.

https://www.wildcats.com.au/news/jarred-bairstow-wont-return-in-202122?fbclid=IwAR3LTmISC8JNbqL3A5m5CTy-usOAT4dTSDbQE_rvVY_R5mmwj-WWqZnBaYs

Topic #48872 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Injured and surgery?

Reply #858519 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I assume this means he's signed somewhere else?
With Wagstaff re-signing, it was apparent he would not get a roster spot straight up. But would have been handy to have as a TP/ IR.
Could still happen, but the formal announcement tends to indicate he's going elsewhere.

Reply #858520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Cairns, nice back up player.

Reply #858527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really good defender but has no other value.

Reply #858536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not released, he wasn't contracted.

The link infers that Bairstow himself decided not to return.

Reply #858544 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He's a great story from last season. Very quickly became a reliable option Trev could call on for guaranteed hustle factor & excellent decision-making.
If he left because he got a good offer elsewhere then all the best to him. He earned it.

Reply #858545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With a presumably import starting PF and Wagstaff as the backup, I guess maybe there weren't that many minutes left for Bair?

Reply #858546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really good defender but nothing else. Lol.

That's the exact player Cairns need, actually most sides can use a player like this, team first, rebounds and plays D.

Reply #858553 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Bairstow did better as the season progressed but he had ZERO offensive game. He'd be fine as a backup or 3rd PF as long as you don't need any points from him.

Reply #858570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Jumpers.

Reply #858571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is JJ's better than Krislovic

Reply #858573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez, JJs really raiding the Cats.

Reply #858575 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Not released, he wasn't contracted.
The link infers that Bairstow himself decided not to return."

You must really be fun at trainspotting parties.

As everyone else has commented, it's a fair bet he got a better offer elsewhere and good luck to him. He presumably hasn't "himself decided not to return" so he can take up pole-dancing.

Cats elected not to make him a firm offer at this time, somebody else did, so "bird in the hand" and all that.

Reply #858588 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Yeah I think Cairns could be great for him as they so often felt like they lacked size last season especially with Deng injured and he would be a far better asset to Forde than Krslovic or Blagejovic

Reply #858596 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Don't know if he is signed somewhere else or not, but I do know he is some type of medical engineer. Could possibly be returning to his "normal" career and just playing NBL1?

You'd have to imagine he was losing quite a bit of money playing NBL

Reply #858598 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Really good defender but has no other value.

Since when is offensive rebounding not of value?

Reply #858606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed tassie

Reply #858607 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I was actually not a big fan of JB at the beginning as I fell into the trap of believing Perth had no choices but to field a squad sub-standard to previous winning years.

I was largely wrong, JB doe shave value in the hustle and defensive aspect of the game.

My major concern was that the offence died with him getting the ball, normally teams cannot suffer an offensive dead end such as JB, but under the Wildcats system he thrived and they continued winning.

My question is do the JJ's have a similar system that suits JB?

Reply #858673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754