John Doe
Years ago

Former NBA Player Lance Stephenson to NBL?

According to Liam Santamaria, Stephenson is being "Shopped around to NBl teams"

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/1413440243319984129

Topic #48904 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Snap him up Adelaide!

Reply #859486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was actually Cam Luke that said that.

Reply #859489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lance cops a lot of shit for his NBA antics but he would dominate the NBL. Can't see this being true.

Reply #859490 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hope Adelaide are all over this.

Reply #859491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke, lol.

Reply #859495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG - McCarron
SG - Stephenson
SF - Hannah
PF - DJ
C - Humphries

Good enough to win the title?

Reply #859498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Low IQ and a team Cancer exactly what the NBL doesn't need. Way better locals and lesser name imports available

Reply #859502 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He hasn't played anywhere in almost two years, pass.

Reply #859503 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Assuming he signs and you only had one pick which NBL player would you like to see have his ear blown into by Lance?

Reply #859506 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Another cancer. Same Anon? You've never been in a locker room withLance Stephenson, let alone in his company at any stage in your life but he’s a cancer.

There’s only one cancer in all of this...

Reply #859509 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Still can't shoot, hasn't been relevant in 6 years, was a loose cannon even when he was relevant. Adelaide should be aiming much higher!

Reply #859510 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

What role would he play? Seems too small to play PF, and seems to have lost his outside shot

Reply #859511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolt this could be Kevin Durant you wouldn't have a clue and you never played anywhere or did anything with basketball on any level you in here talking just like everyone else hahahaha

Reply #859517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was paid 4mil in 1 year in China last season
probs won't take a paycut

Reply #859519 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

"Shopped around", as in his agent asking teams if they have a couple of mil to sign him?
Or serious inquiries?

Reply #859526 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

United??

Reply #859528 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

You're correct, I’ve never played in the nba or nbl, hence why I have no idea what anyone in those locker rooms is like. Just. Like. You.

Reply #859538 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cup your ears people.

Reply #859554 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Lance Stephenson would be the Lebron James of the NBL. Not even kidding. His physical gifts are basically alien to this league. Who here is containing him with all due respect?

Reply #859564 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Delly apparently.

Reply #859576 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Guys like Tate or Oliver are quite athletic too. They did well obviously, but we're far from unguardable!

Reply #859578 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think Stephenson has them beat when it comes to mix of swiftness, strength and athleticism. He would average at least 25 ppg if he is in any kind of form I think.

Reply #859580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the one hand, i think he'd be like LeBron. He’s a lot stronger and more athletic than Goulding, Sobey and C. Webster. But guys with long NBA resumes at the end of their careers haven’t been great.

Reply #859581 | Report this post

Bratby76  
Years ago

Hope bullets sign him ASAP

Reply #859588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feels like whenever an ex nba player looks at the NBL people blow their load and carry on about how dominant they will be.
Last year it was how Donald Sloan would dominate, this year it's crazy Lance.
Lance was fine in Charlottes locker room, he just wasn’t good. Average shooter, average handle, didn’t play well in a scheme, thrived at Indiana when he was allowed to do what he wanted, but not really a player I would be dying to have on my NBL team.

Reply #859590 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

You played with him in Charlotte?

Reply #859621 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Lance is 30, Sloan was going on 35. There's a big difference there. Lance also has a rare body type for NBL basketball. I mean who else is at his position? Hopson? Blanchfield? I mean.. let's be serious about the kinds of physical advantages he;'d have in this league.

I've seen NBA players come and go here before but none have been built like him

Reply #859625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan is a poor comparison. Sloan was just a role player. Stephenson was matched onto prime LeBron. You are athletically gifted just to be given that responsibility in the finals.

The only issue I foresee for Stephenson in the NBL is that he doesn't shoot from 3 well and the spacing is reduced. Teams will work together to reduce his influence and he may get frustrated by the physicality and players playing their career-best defence every possession.

Reply #859686 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

This is literally exactly what everyone said about Sam Young.

Reply #859891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice try Kobe but lance at his peak was a far superior player to sam young. Only issue will be his shooting and attitude wise how will he be, not that he's a disruptive person but if a coach doesn’t have him be one of the keys of the team how will he go. You’d hope now he’s a bit older he should be more mature

Reply #859892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754