Isaac
Years ago

NBL three-year broadcast deal with ESPN, Foxtel, News Corp

The Hungry Jack's National Basketball League (NBL) has struck a history-making media partnership that will elevate the competition to new levels and deliver fans with unprecedented access and coverage.

A new, groundbreaking three-year deal with ESPN will see every game of the Hungry Jack’s NBL season and finals broadcast live on ESPN and reaffirms the NBL as one of the most popular, fastest-growing and exciting sports competitions in the country.

Complementing the ESPN deal are agreements with Foxtel Group, and News Corp Australia, that will significantly amplify the reach of the league to attract new audiences, and provide more content, game analysis, engagement and general coverage.

Hungry Jack’s NBL Owner and Executive Chairman, Larry Kestelman, said the significance of the deal cannot be underestimated.

"This is the biggest deal in the history of the NBL. It is a big win for basketball fans and will result in a huge uplift in the coverage and exposure of our competition across a variety of major media networks and digital platforms," he said.

“This is a proud and exciting day for the NBL which will now be able to leverage the power of Disney and ESPN, the Foxtel Group, as well as News Corp Australia, to gain an even bigger following and grow our game like never before.

"An announcement regarding a FTA partner will be made in due course."

Topic #49012 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Biggest deal in league history.

All games on Foxtel and Kayo plus 2 games/week on Kayo Freebies.

Coles Express NBL1 games of the week from 2022 and national championship games on Kayo Freebies

Reply #862821 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Key points out of the presser:

Biggest medial deal in ESPN History

3 Year Deal

All 140 NBL games on ESPN platforms (incl Kayo)

Coles Express NBL1 games of the week and national championships on Kayo

NZ to broadcast through ESPN

Free to air partner made in due course

Reply #862823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow!

Reply #862824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rise in prominence of the National Basketball League continues, this time with the league set to reveal a record new broadcast rights deal of more than $45 million with Foxtel, ESPN and News Corporation.

Sources have confirmed NBL owner Larry Kestelman was set to confirm on Tuesday that the league had extended its deal with ESPN for three years, covering all games, having pursued a deal worth between $15 million and $20 million annually.

The league is also pursuing a free-to-air partner, with Ten in the running, but this was not expected to be announced on Tuesday. Ten is in the running to replace SBS Viceland, which had shown weekend games.

Nine Entertainment Co, owner of this masthead, in conjunction with streaming service Stan had also bid. Foxtel's Kayo will also stream games under the new deal.

The expired contract was an advertising profit-share deal between the networks and league rather than purely lucrative rights, which the league has been craving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/on-the-bounce-nbl-set-to-confirm-record-broadcast-rights-deal-20210727-p58da4.html

Reply #862825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seemed like an emphasis in the announcement that this deal goes beyond just ESPN broadcasting games. It is about the news corp partnership. Sounds like there will be more NBL news coverage to help feed fan interest.

Reply #862826 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ's broadcasting deal remains the same with Sky Sports TV still showing all the games.

Reply #862827 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

$45 million - we should all thank Stan Sport for creating competition in the bidding process for the rights.

Much prefer ESPN as well so it's a win win.

Reply #862830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this money trickle down to each team to lift up the quality of the players being recruited ?

Reply #862832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad basketball hasn't split into 4 different subscriptions like soccer has.

2 games on FTA expected, I wonder if they'll be the same as the Kayo Freebies games.

Reply #862833 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Definitely Stan's desperation to get any sport was a big help for the NBL here. The league did well to take full advantage.

Even if, as I suspect, the deal includes very little actual cash changing hands, if the league can increase their media exposure through the Murdoch press (gross) and no longer have to pay its own television production costs it's a winner

Reply #862834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stan has what rugby union and cricket lol, both of which have massively dropped over past few seasons.

Reply #862836 | Report this post

LITS  
Years ago

Great news... Really happy it's staying with ESPn

Reply #862837 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Both still with much more rusted on support and in turn bigger broadcast deals. They certainly need to turn things around from a recent decline though.

Reply #862838 | Report this post

Rock8  
Years ago

FTA games should be the local games. All 36ers games get shown into Adelaide. Away games live and home games 30min delay. Best way for FTA stations to get rating and also helps grow local
Interest for the local team. AFL use to do this and it worked.

Reply #862839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paid
Foxtel
+
Kayo

Free
Likely channel 10 - 2 games
+
Kayo freebies - 2 games

Nbl tv?
Twitch?

Reply #862840 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is a fantastic deal for the NBL with the understanding that there will also be a FTA partner. Hopefully that will be SBS again but I wouldn't complain with Ten again. Getting a notoriously hostile News Corp on board is a masterstroke too.

Thank you Stan Sport and well done to LK and the NBL for making this happen.

Reply #862841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is fantastic!

Reply #862842 | Report this post

Tricks  
Years ago

Congratulations LK. Your hard work and dedication has brought local basketball back to prominence in Australia. Thank you.

Reply #862843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kestelman said the media deal with News Corp Australia would expand the NBL's reach even further.

"We will be working closely with all our new partners, particularly News Corp Australia, to tell our stories and constantly connect our fans to the players and clubs. We want to keep people informed, and give access to more information and promote our games more widely."

Michael Miller, CEO and Chairman of News Corp Australasia said: "News Corp is proud to partner with ESPN and Foxtel to amplify the NBL to a large and growing enthusiastic Australian basketball audience.

"Our mastheads will provide fans with coverage, analysis and more access to coaches and players than ever before.

"Not only will we together establish basketball as a major summer sport that no one will want to miss, it will help ensure the league has a new generation of players and fans."

This is my main takeaway from it. More news coverage, hopefully leads to more people attending and watching games. I have often thought other sports get a lot more hype and puff pieces to generate interest in games.

Reply #862845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some NBL1 games on kayo too is nice

Reply #862846 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is my main takeaway from it. More news coverage, hopefully leads to more people attending and watching games. I have often thought other sports get a lot more hype and puff pieces to generate interest in games.

They do, leagues like the AFL are rammed so far down people's throats by the media that even people who have always hated sport like my mother now is barracking for Port Adelaide, watching all their games, following the weekly ins and outs etc.

News Corp has always been quite hostile towards the NBL now they will be incentivised to give the NBL a lot more coverage, which will lead to more media coverage from other mobs, more interest from sponsors and more interest from the general public that will result in increased attendances, members, merchandise sales which will generate more sponsors, more media interest etc.

It's brilliant.

Reply #862847 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The crux of why this is the NBL's biggest deal comes down to the monetary aspect really - they've had all games broadcast for a little while under LK.

I wonder why $$$ details haven't been released? Assuming it's in that $15-20m mark as reported, that would be an absolute monster deal for the NBL and credit to LK.

Re FTA - I expect it will be SBS again - Foxtel/ESPN won't necessarily want a main FTA network having the product they're paying for and a main FTA network won't necessarily be happy to show two NBL games when they will have their own sports they have more rights to that they can peddle in summer.

I'd expect those two Kayo Freebies games to be the two games broadcast on FTA - likely mid-arvo Sat & Sun games?

Hopefully that will be SBS again but I wouldn't complain with Ten again

We would much, much, much rather a main network channel Ten/7/Nine over SBS from a sheer ratings point of view. SBS wouldn't provide any real "reaching casual viewers" value, especially not SBSViceland. SBS/Viceland reaches the hardcore NBL viewers who seek it out - most of whom probably already have Fox/Kayo. We would be ecstatic if Ten showed the two (probably mid-arvo games) on its main channel. That would be a massive win for the NBL.

With that said, the choice might not be there, it may have to be SBS. I do suspect a main network channel might be beyond the NBL a little bit.

Reply #862850 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

^^ I agree.
Larry has had his critics over the years. His team has undoubtedly made some mistakes along the way... but hell, what team doesn't!?

The level of professionalism they have brought to the administration of the professional game in this country is nothing short of amazing. What’s incredibly encouraging is how they have prioritised and supported the development pathways (NBL1, AIS, NBA Global Academy) and their links to junior basketball which will guarantee the long term success of the sport and the league(s).

Having been fortunate to meet and speak to Larry, I for one never doubted him or his vision. Hopefully this is another step towards him gaining the respect (from all members of the basketball community) he so richly deserves.

LK deserves a medal for what he’s done. He’s saved basketball in this country.

Reply #862851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the news Corp thing...

We could see heal, Healy n rucker takeover Williams, SantaMaria n luke. Ewwwww

Reply #862853 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is great news. A deal the NBL could only dream of in the past.

LK has done well for basketball in this country.

Reply #862856 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Do not forget or overlook the timing. If Australia medals in Tokyo will go through the roof. If we GOLD, ... "to the moon, Alice, to the moon!"

Reply #862859 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I wonder why $$$ details haven't been released? Assuming it's in that $15-20m mark as reported, that would be an absolute monster deal for the NBL and credit to LK.

It's been reported as $45 million.

Reply #862863 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bullets, I tend to agree - the professionalism and investment has been consistent and beyond what seemed to be originally proposed. Deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Reply #862866 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"LK deserves a medal for what he's done. He’s saved basketball in this country"

Vom

Reply #862867 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Cram, after this you've really got to think about putting away that LK voodoo doll now.

Reply #862868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK is a legend

Reply #862869 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Nah

Reply #862870 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" It's been reported as $45 million."

Over a three year span?

Where was this reported today?

Reply #862871 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

In the Sydney Morning Herald.

Someone even pasted part of the article in this thread. Reply #862825.

Reply #862872 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

You're entitled to your opinion Cram but what’s your reason?

Reply #862875 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That just reads like they're saying LK pursued 15-20mil per year so therefore over three years it’s likely to be over $45mil

Reply #862876 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Because LK took over the Melbourne Tigers and changed their name to United, Cram was a diehard Tigers supporter.

Reply #862881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

45 million over 3
clubs in debt 20mill since kestleman takeover.

Nice to see what they can do with 10 mill or so going back into nbl

Reply #862882 | Report this post

Rain Man  
Years ago

Great deal if the reports of $$$ are true. Wonder if this will also include games being made available to the international market, especially throughout Asia and USA.

Reply #862883 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There will always be idiots out there who find fault but to me, this is yet another home run for LK and the NBL.

Can we take a moment to appreciate where we were before Larry took over? We were very very close to extinction and all games were running off an absolutely woeful NBL app.

Now there's a 20-something million a year deal on ESPN, all games shown live, two free to air games, a deal with bloody news corp even. I mean how could anyone say that what the team has done is anything less than a miracle?

News Corp has even agreed to hire a full time basketball writer. Having News Corp on side may very well be the most important part of this entire deal.

This is the golden era of the NBL and Australian basketball right now.

Reply #862886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe use a couple of mill to align all the wnbl teams.

We still have bendigo as a team ffs

Reply #862887 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Because LK took over the Melbourne Tigers and changed their name to United, Cram was a diehard Tigers supporter."

Melbourne United now fills stadiums. What were the Melbourne Tigers doing before Larry came in? Oh that's right.... struggling to fill half of a 3000 seat tennis center. lol.

Reply #862888 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Maybe use a couple of mill to align all the wnbl teams.

We still have bendigo as a team ffs"

Ummm.... why? That's Basketball Australia's problem.

Reply #862890 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

NBL was a national embarrassment 10 years ago. Shit the NBL had to pay channels to play them. Couldn't get the media to write an article about them that didn't make a comment including "basket case".

Now ESPN is paying the NBL 20 million a season and the NBL also has partnered with fucking news corp.

Cram

"yeah but Larry still sucks".

Reply #862893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it is basketball australias problem, better to take it from them.

Reply #862895 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

But why? The NBL needs to sustain itself first, you want us throwing charity to the WNBL? Maybe once we can pay our own teams to run...

Reply #862896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You want the wnbl to struggle?
You ain't changing the world just aligning teams with nbl and getting owners willing to takeover + branding like nbl and tech stuff.

They are 2 seperate entitys atm.

Reply #862897 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

ESPN isn't paying $20m a season. The deal includes exposure etc and probably covers production costs and a little actual cash. It's a good deal, as I have already said. Let's not pretend it's more than it is though

Which brings me to, my disagreement with the way LK does things is more than just the Tiger issue, though that alone was enough to turn me off him. Just quickly, I don't believe what he has done has saved the league as much as propped it up. There's merit in that tooz no doubt, but if LK walks away for some reason, the league falls over. One person's involvment is not the sign of a league that can sustain itself, but that's the model he's built. I'm also not a fan of the import exceptions or next stars program which take minutes and $ away from Australian players and relegate our national league Tina second rate g league. There's also transparency and governance issues as well as constant fluffing by people on these boards.

But feel free to go along with the "Cram is salty about the Tigers changing their name" narrative.

Reply #862900 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I really don't get the whole "oh no, not enough jobs for Australians" thing. Take away one of the import spots and a next star and what kind of scrubs will be seeing minutes in the league? And also, who is going to pay to see it?

There are already Aussie scrubs getting minutes in this league who shouldn't be playing basketball in a league that takes itself seriously. There are also guys who are a bit better than absolute scrub, but that make a consistent living making NO noticeable improvements to their games because they know they're the best Aussie players available, so why should they try harder?

A fire needs to be burned under their asses.

I don't get the argument that the NBL shouldn't be a 'development league' when we talk about Next Stars, and yet we're meant to be developing these garbage Aussie players who aren't going to develop into much anyway. Name a team and I'll name you at least two Aussie guys with nothing going for them who somehow have a job. At least with Next Stars there is a commercial benefit to having them here.

So many Aussie players in this league are either past their used by date, offer nothing, or wont develop into anything. They're players doing the absolute bare minimum. The league should have access to a better standard than Brendan Teys if it wants to actually become commercially viable. And how the hell does Jarred Bairstow have a contract if this league is really so hard on Australian players?

" just the Tiger issue, though that alone was enough to turn me off him. Just quickly, I don't believe what he has done has saved the league as much as propped it up."

Pretty sure this deal is about helping the league stand on its own feet into the future... but anyway!

Reply #862906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With each new team we are developing 10 locals.
Don't forget nbl1 will continue to get deeper talent.

Reply #862907 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I've acknowledged this is a good deal. It's still far from ensuring anything long term.

And yeah, who wants to see Australians play the national league? Should all just be imports hey? Wonder why so many young Hooper's are switching to footy?

Reply #862910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 imports, a NS and Asians, great for those Aussies developing for sure :(

Reply #862912 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This deal with ESPN, Foxtel, Kayo & News Corp is for $15 million a season.

I agree somewhat that if guys like Jarred Bairstow can get 3 year deals you can't make an argument that Aussies are being denied roster spots. Five minutes ago he was rotting away in the QBL.

Reply #862917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now the JJ's have signed him with another dud to come allegedly.

Reply #862919 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'm not gonna get into this crap again. I've made my point and it's off topic.

A good deal. Well done to those involved.

Reply #862922 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I didn't say it should all be imports but I wouldn't be peeling import spots or next star spots back any further because there are some absolute scrubs getting minutes in this league. I doubt even if we dropped all restrictions we'd ever have less than 6 or 7 Aussies on any team, the difference will be those Aussies will be good enough and there will be more interest in the league because it will be a better league.

'Wonder why so many young Hooper's are switching to footy?"

They do it because there isnt money in basketball. There isn't money in basketball because there hasnt been commercial interest. To keep commercial interest, you need the league to be entertaining. Guys like Teys and Jarred Bairstow getting minutes doesnt contribute to that entertainment factor.

If these players are good enough or they really have potential they'll always get a shot. But how many Jarred Bairstows, brendan Teyses, Daniel Joyces or whatever other jock strap player do you need to see before you're okay with having a next star take their minutes?

Reply #862925 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

If you want Aussie players to develop, you want them to play in the best possible competition. If that means a scrub doesnt get a shot but an import does, that import will help make the Aussie that DOES get that shot, a better player.

Clearly there are guys in the league who shouldn't be there. Our talent pool isn't that incredibly deep. I mean look at the Jack Jumpers. How many of those players do you really think are any good?

Reply #862926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's bring in gun imports like Adelaide did last season, Brisbane has had some duds as well, oh and them great Illawarra few a season back.

Reply #862929 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So what does this mean for Twitch streaming outside Australia? Or is Kayo available internationally?

Reply #862933 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wonder why so many young Hooper's are switching to footy

They have always done so - but less now than ever before due to our globalised world where US Colleges pick up more than just talent in America. NBA being more international also helps.

So 1) NBL hasn't driven Aussies to footy - it was never a go-to for a lot of talented Aussies that switched to footy, and if anything, now the NBL is more attractive than ever before.

And 2) US College is the biggest driver for keeping Aussies in basketball;

Therefore 3) Answers your question as to why and eliminates any bullshit idea that you may have that NBL drives hoopsters to footy.

If you're so concerned about hoopsters switching to footy, then you ought to give a big thankyou in the following order: 1) globalisation; 2) US College; 3) LK for putting NBL into a more attractive position for hoopsters than it used to be.

Reply #862937 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So what does this mean for Twitch streaming outside Australia? Or is Kayo available internationally?

I imagine Twitch would be the backup option if they can't arrange to sell the rights overseas.

Reply #862941 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

(Kayo is Australia-only.)

Reply #862943 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So that fairfax article when read in its entirety is a lot more helpful.

Whilst there's not explicit breakdown of how much $$$, it does give a lot more confidence to the idea that it's a $15mil p/y deal.

That's absolutely fantastic. A bit of assistance in the fractured streaming war delivering over-pay for rights (something we ought to keep in mind for 3 years time if we don't happen to get such a good financial deal) and no doubt what LK has done has put NBL in a position to even be considered for this.

10 Coles Express NBL1 games of the week from 2022 and national championship games available on Kayo Freebies

Does this mean 10 NBL1 games per week or 1 NBL1 game per week for 10 weeks?

In terms of the financial side of things, it would be interesting

1) How much is cash vs contra
2) Who takes on the costs of the broadcast? (I assume NBL?)

Let's say it's perhaps $12mil cash, $3mil contra and the NBL takes on broadcast costs, perhaps we might see $500k go to each club? Perhaps we will see the following season a cap increase by $400k to $2mil?

Re the FTA - if it's Ten, I imagine it's supplied for free and no advertising sharing deal; if it's SBSViceland perhaps supplied for free with advertising revenue sharing?

Back when we talked about the rumours, I said a "perfect but realistic" deal was a scenario where:

1) Worth ~$10-15mil - Tick
2) Had every game available on TV/Streaming - Tick
3) Had investment in the success by the broadcaster - Tick (Having Disney, Foxtel Group, Newscorp all involved is a big win on this element)
4) FTA on a main network with 2 games a weekend, Mid-arvo games

That last point - if the NBL did strike a deal with Ten for that would make this whole deal an all-round absolutely fantastic for the NBL in delivering money, all games broadcast, investment in success by media & good ratings opportunity on main FTA.

I think SBS (particularly Viceland), would leave the scenario with a bit to be desired purely on the basis of not reaching that casual viewer (which Viceland certainly would not do - Sorry SBS!)

Reply #862948 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You would think something better is in the works re: FTA coverage otherwise today's announcement would have included the continuance of SBS' involvement.

Reply #862957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh players aren't leaving for afl, Bradke son and Wilson that come straight off the top of my head, there are others. It’s a great deal but let’s don’t distort the facts.

Reply #862962 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perhaps we will see the following season a cap increase by $400k to $2mil?
The cap is based on the previous year's salary spend.

Reply #862970 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" The cap is based on the previous year's salary spend."

Yes, that's how it is now.

Given the new deal, that mechanism may change.

Change is a thing that is possible in life. Did you know that?

I think I’ve enlightened you.

Thanks for your “classic unhelpful KR post”.

Reply #862981 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And if that money filters through, teams will spend it on salary and the cap will increase organically.

No point increasing it just because.

Reply #862996 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's called trickledown economics and people who aren’t dumb enough to use it as an argument know the inherent flaws in it. Those who are silly enough to use it as an argument will never have the capacity to understand why it doesn’t work out.

There are also obvious aspects to agreements and relationships as to why clear tracing of particular portions of money being used in a particular way is beneficial. It’s a common aspect of business relationships.

So it wouldn’t be "just because" it would be “because that’s how things often work in business”

Hope you have been further enlightened.

Reply #863002 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If the cap hadn't been increasing every year, that argument would make sense.

Reply #863005 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The argument makes sense, and the cap increasing every year is completely irrelevant.

Perhaps you can cast aside your own perception that you understand what makes sense and doesn't?

Reply #863009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talking logic and sense to KR? Good luck with that.

Reply #863021 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Yeh players aren't leaving for afl, Bradke son and Wilson that come straight off the top of my head, there are others. It's a great deal but let’s don’t distort the facts."

I love idiotic, rambling comments that answer the comment no one made.

No one said basketball players didnt turn to the NBL so what exactly are you arguing against?

Reply #863027 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" ESPN will air all but two games each round exclusively, and also have all key matches throughout the NBL Finals series exclusively. Games two and three of each Semi Final series and game three onwards in the Grand Final series will be live and exclusive to ESPN."

Interesting- how do we feel about this? I guess this is what they pay the big bucks for?

Reply #863028 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well, they're paying a lot of money. Would you blame them for wanting exclusivity?

there's a school of thought for a lot of people where they think they deserve things for free. They seem to think that the NBL should be this awesome, multimillion dollar product, but that they personally should have to pay exactly nothing for it.

I've seen everyone's favourite "Clint Dogg" make comments all over Facebook and Twitter about how he wont pay for a 'scrub league'. I guess, that wont stop him from talking about it now will it?

That classic Clint Dogg attitude is common in this space. People want to talk shit about a product, talk down about it, gain from it, but not spend a single cent.

How do I feel about having to pay for it? I might have a bit of financial hardship ahead actually. But when I weigh up my priorities I have to decide if I can fit NBL basketball into the list of bills I have.

At $25 a month, yes I can. So I do. Everyone will have to make their value assessments on that. But to go around complaining about not getting something for free that actually needs funding to exist, that's just stupidity.

Reply #863033 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Who's complaining

Reply #863034 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There are people complaining all over facebook

Reply #863036 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I've seen everyone's favourite "Clint Dogg" make comments all over Facebook and Twitter about how he wont pay for a 'scrub league'. I guess, that wont stop him from talking about it now will it?

Ignore anything Clint Dogg related he used to work for an NBL team and once that team had their licence revoked/folded he's been bitter ever since.

Reply #863040 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Playoffs have always been on FTA previously, so that's a big shift.

Reply #863042 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah and thats unfortunate but the league needs to fund itself somehow.

Reply #863049 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Clint Dogg is on Centrelink so he can't afford to pay for it.

Reply #863050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754