Love this game
Years ago

NBL22 shaping up good

I'm loving the influx in talent coming into the league been in Australia watching the NBL for over 11 years now. The 1st couple years watching I wasn’t to impressed although the Wildcats were a great and Breakers had great teams the other teams lacked overall depth and the imports were just ok. Fast forward to what I’m seeing from the Next Stars to quality of locals & imports, and the Australian fans should be proud of what this league is becoming and can continue to become. These signings are quality for the most part not just imports looking to cash in and on they last legs. The coaching is quality loosing Trev hurts but still quality up and coming coaches set to show what they can do. My only gripe will be the commentators won’t name specific guys but for the league to truly reach its full potential there needs to be quality exciting people talking and the educating fans not just click bait things said or a bunch of yelling and screaming with no substance.I can’t wait to watch these teams compete and there is still more players to be signed. The NBL is heading in the right direction!

Topic #49021 | Report this topic

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

We need commentators back at games. The commentary is so stale when called through a monitor.

Reply #863125 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Obvious reasons why that's unlikely to happen though.

Reply #863128 | Report this post

Love this game  
Years ago

How about new fresh guys I like Damo he's smart and comes across well. There a others out there the current group doesn’t do for most of us. I know we are all sick of one guy in particular to which I just mute it or turn the channel. We need more seasoned guys and fresh takes. You can only use this ain’t a cupcake league for so long. New catch phrases and guys who are well spoken yet relatable.

Reply #863131 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

Agree on Damo, he's been great whenever I’ve seen him.
He’s likeable and articulate and his game insights are first class. He really should be elevated to a more national role rather than just sideline at Wildcats games.

Reply #863139 | Report this post

loungefly  
Years ago

exactly, they could easily have courtside commentators they just have to use locals guys for now.. Damo and Redhage for Wildcats, Gaze n another old school legend in VIC, etc etc.

Corey Williams talking should only be used by the CIA as a torture device

Reply #863152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hooley was good, Jack H was also good. Heal will be coaching so that's also good.

Reply #863158 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

John Casey in Adelaide

Reply #863166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh it will go pretty good hey pretty sick.

Reply #863175 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

A lot of next stars and imports coming through from Europe which is interesting. We seem to be seeing the whole next stars concept evolve. It looks like most teams this coming year will have a next star. Certainly the big German kid for United has the frame and experience to help them immediately.

Talentwise, three imports will be a big boost again for the league. We wont see the best of them until Summer League ends.

Tasmania Jack Jumpers coming in. ESPN/News Corp Deal. Delly coming on. There's a lot to like about how the league is shaping up.

Reply #863460 | Report this post

Love this game  
Years ago

Now they just have to fix the commentary issues and you have a product that's got the total packages!!!!

Reply #863539 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Surely for $15mil per you'd want Homicide gone. Here's hoping.

Reply #863580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF? The money has nothing to do with anything.

Reply #863587 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

WTF? It has everything to do with it.

It I were ESPN, who shelled out $45mil over three years, I would want the unprofessional clown gone from the booth.

Reply #863588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754