Daniel Felmingham
Years ago

Jackjumpers signed more than 2000 members

I'm just wanting to know how many members other teams have and if people think this is a decent number signed up to date because.I have heard some people complaining about memberships being too expensive so this is no doubt having an impact.

Topic #49033 | Report this topic

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Sorry everyone about the editing in this post.

Reply #863610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where was this announced? I reckon 3000 members in year one would be a great result.

Reply #863616 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

This was Announced on the Jackjumpers Facebook page the other day.

Reply #863623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a nice start, is it bums on seats membership or just members of JJ’s.

Reply #863627 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Bums On seats Memberships

Reply #863629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All relative.

For the Perth Wildcats, United, 36ers etc that would be a poor result.

For a new team in a market like Tasmania that's a healthy and promising start! Would love to know the make-up of those memberships, how many corporate and premium tickets etc.

Reply #863631 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #863645 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wildcats at the Arena have historically had 10,000+ members.

Reply #863646 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I did have a look at their membership prices. Their dearer than United memberships and we can't even fill our stadium. Covid has been issue with limit capacity.

Once the season kicks off you would think JackJumpers games will be full.

Reply #863650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a local we can't afford the current membership prices. If the walk up prices are OK we will go that way. AS I said a while ago the Corp pricing is high Vs BBL and AFL Corp ticketing.

Reply #863701 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's hard to judge prices.
My wildcats seats cost about $500. But we've had them since moving to the Arena. Looking at the JJ's seating chart, I'd have to buy "Emerald" to get equivalent seats.

Most members hold onto their seats year in and year out, because once you give up good seats, you'll never get them back.

Did the JJ's offer early-bird memberships??

It's very hard to pick what will be the split between members and casuals.
As I understand it, you've got a capacity of what, about 5,000?
Maybe 1,000 of that lost to corporate boxes??

So with 2~3 months to go, you've sold roughly half the seats to Members??
It's not wonderful, but it's also not bad. Assuming most turn up, getting minimum 2k + corporates to your games will make for a nice crowd.

I'd be interested to know how many members Cairns have?
And how many the Hawks had before Goorj?
That I would think gives a better comparison.

Reply #863704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Did the JJ's offer early-bird memberships??"

No. Emerald all but sold out. That's why we won't be buying in.

Reply #863706 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Foundation members were able to get memberships - the equivalent of early bird for first year franchise.

Do Perth have a team yet?

Reply #863708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got a membership for myself and my daughter for around $35 per game. I thought that was pretty good value. I can't get a seat for just me for that at the AFL in Hobart.

Reply #863713 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Emerald all but sold out. That's why we won't be buying in"

So the most expensive seats being unavailable is why you won't buy??

I did notice that most of the good centre-court seats were gone

But there seemed to be plenty of baseline and wing seats

Reply #863717 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I can't complain where I sit at John Cain Arena.

I roughly pay $400 for my seat but I’m right behind the premium seats. It’s funny when United introduced premium seats. They’re basically the same seats as gold, but the only difference is that premium are rows F to K. I’m row L which is just behind row K. I save $315 just by sitting one seat behind.

It use to be all gold back in 2018 I think, but clubs just want to keep making money. It’s ridiculous but can’t complain to what Perth members pay. They fork out $1000 nearly for sitting where I am.

Reply #863719 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

NB: you can't compare based off the published figures for Perth
renewal prices, which obviously is most of us, are nowhere near prices for new memberships.

Frankly, it's weird that they even have those prices.
Towards the end of the season, you can buy a membership for less than the cost of the tickets,
And that thing qualifies you for the renewal prices next season.

Reply #863955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So the most expensive seats being unavailable is why you won't buy??"

Yes Dazz. There are no seats with 2 together. I know what the baseline seats are like. CRAP. Side seats 2 far from the game. Even with a discount they are about $600 from memory.

Reply #863992 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Having sat at various spots at John Cain Arena, I'd argue you’d have a decent view and enjoy the atmosphere just about anywhere, especially in a 5,000 seats stadium.
Obviously the closer you sit the nicer (and more expensive) it is, but all seats are decent at basketball

Reply #864213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's such a small stadium, that surely all seats have a good view of the game.

A lot of people in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide would love to have a view as close as a seat in the back row of the stadium in My bank Arena.

Reply #864223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I relooked at this just now. LL! C6, C7 $745. (Emerald) Way too expensive for seats that aren't that good!

Reply #864225 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Is there any way of knowing where these members are from ie Hobart, other parts of Tasmania, other parts of the world... would it divide more than unite to release those numbers to the public?

Reply #864230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Proud - if they publish stats on types of memberships sold, you could get an idea. There are some Hobart-games-only memberships and Launceston-games-only memberships. Numbers of each would give some idea of the ratio between southern and northern based fans? I haven't located any such stats by types of memberships sold.

Also, OP - is the 2,000 figure sold memberships or sold seats? E.g., a family membership includes multiple seats?

I note also that the team sold 1,000 memberships in the first week, to foundation members (Jack Jumpers’ website, 22 June). That means they’ve sold another 1,000 in the subsequent 5 weeks, since they were opened up to the general populace. Seems a little low, to me. Maybe some people are waiting for tax refunds before buying memberships?

Reply #864262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the numbers so far are pretty good in the current environment.

As with any new team, if they are competitive, put on a good game night experience, players are out in the community, the casual fans should jump on board and buy memberships.

Reply #864277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754