Anonymous
Years ago

Magnay Future

Two way Magnay obviously played NBA last season. Does this leave him with NBA / euro prospects? Or will he settle down with the jack jumpers long term?

Topic #49122 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the pels put size on him, they killed his natural abilities.

He needs to be a lean 4 not a brick 5

Reply #868029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#029 I think you're just a brick

Reply #868034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Pelicans did screw his body up he's noticeably bulkier and doesn't have that explosive athleticism anymore.

I mean the one thing that separated him from NBA bigs was that unusual explosive athleticism for a guy his size so they stick him in the weight room and then cut him after one game, smh. The coach got fired after only one year too.

Reply #868036 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

Meh, the Pelicans was the same team that turned Lonzo into a spot up shooter rather than play to his strengths, well in fairness Lonzo did improve but it is what it is. Just remember that the Pelicans was the same team that thought that Adams and Zion would be a good frontcourt in a modern NBA.

Reply #868039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Magnay was injured when cut

Reply #868040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he leans his upper body down again, he'll be more explosive, run The floor better and then just keep improving shooting.

Reply #868041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still a boy, long way to go. Homicide talking him up due to a few blocks doesn't make a basketball player. He could be great, average or a dud, time will tell.

Reply #868044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the topic, I assume that regardless of what people thought about his body, he'll be spending likely at least the next 2 years in the nbl trying to repair his image. As unfortunately for him, upon returning to the nbl he wasn’t impressive at all (I understand that he was playing with bone Spurs), and thus it will take some time until Europe or the NBA have a serious look at him.

Reply #868046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale 1995 born
Magnay 1998 born

He got about 3 years to improve every part of his game.

Reply #868048 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@048

Very reasonable timetable for him, at least he already has some NBA experience at this point in his career. I Hope he bounces back.

Reply #868055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Needs to do a jock.

Get to Paris 2024 and win a contract.

Reply #868057 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Time is on his side only 23. Will be given every opportunity to press future claims with Tassie.

Reply #868058 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Agreed he needs to do a Landale-type move. Does anyone know if he has a Euro-out clause? Maybe hope to have a big year this year with JJ's, summer league invite next year, then probably look to get onto a Euroleague/EuroCup team... heading into Paris with some High level Euro experience.

Reply #868061 | Report this post

threeball  
Years ago

If he can regain his explosiveness and improve his shooting, could be a handy stretch 4 with shot-blocking ability. Simon Dwight 2.0? That skillset would slot in nicely next to Landale and Kay and coming off the bench for the Boomers.

Reply #868064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754