Anonymous
Years ago

Corey Webster signed in Egypt

According to multiple reports. (https://basketball.eurobasket.com//news/Corey-Webster-(ex-NZL-Breakers)-signs-at-Al-Ettehad/700700)

Webster's new team lost in the finals of the Egyptian playoffs to Zamalek, who won the NBA's BAL.

Interesting place for him to continue his career.

Topic #49131 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Good luck to him.

Reply #868264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trying. to. resist. urge. to. make. a. comment. about. laying... bricks

Reply #868276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers have been quiet for some time and haven't officially announced Siva or Besson. I assumed they were shopping Corey and couldn’t announce those moves till they had sent him elsewhere.

Reply #868283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers have been quiet for some time and haven't officially announced Siva or Besson. I assumed they were shopping Corey and couldn’t announce those moves till they had sent him elsewhere.

Reply #868284 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

trying. to. resist. urge. to. make. a. comment. about. laying... bricks

to build a pyramid?

Reply #868321 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Confirmed by the breakers about 30 minutes ago

Reply #868342 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Good luck to Corey.
Looking forward now to the official announcements of Siva & Besson, I think anon hit the nail on the head about delaying announcing their signings until C.Web had signed elsewhere.
Breakers have to be respectful especially as his little brother is a big part of the team moving forward.

Reply #868354 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Relieved Brisbane resisted the urge to sign Corey.

Reply #868359 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Strange place to play basketball. What's the standard like?

Reply #868365 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@JB

Egypt is generally regarded as one of the respected teams in Africa. They were undefeated in their Afrobasket qualifiers. Of course, I don't know much about the specifics but considering this information, Egypt's league should be one of the better ones in Africa. The fact that an Egyptian club won BAL shows their quality.

Reply #868367 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Well, the Breaker's complete. The lineup to wear the NBL's first pink uniforms (if the reversible singlet is any indication):

Wetzell / Loe / Timmins (DP)
Delany / Galloway / Davidson (DP)
Abercrombie / Dieng# / Local
T.Webster / Besson# / Bach
Siva* / WMW

There's one more spot available - either for a local or an import. Seems like we need a 3-4 type who could be axed if we need import help, Hyrum Harris would be my pick in that slot to compete with Galloway. Though I'd love to see Zach Riley sign outright with the Breakers (based on his two-way ability in high school), I highly doubt he'll want to go professional on a team with young prospects who are higher in the depth chart.

Reply #868374 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Relieved Brisbane resisted the urge to sign Corey.

When these things occasionally happen a contracted player is given permission to speak to other teams the other NBL team has to take on that players contract.

Corey had 2 years left on his contract with the Breakers so it was probably a case of the Bullets might have been interested for one year but not two years. Also this way if things go pear-shaped for him in Eqypt he can always come back and sign a new deal with any NBL team not just the one team that happened to have enough room left in their cap at that specific time.

Well, the Breaker's complete. The lineup to wear the NBL's first pink uniforms (if the reversible singlet is any indication):

Besson if signed will be an import, NBL teams can only have one Next Star. I know some on here speculated otherwise at the time but Liam confirmed in one of his articles a few weeks ago that teams can only have one NS per season.

Reply #868375 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Probably leave the last import spot open in case of injury.
Looking forward to seeing the French kids play and Siva.

Reply #868376 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Did he sign there cos he knows the breakers will withdraw from NBL if they have to be in a hub?

Reply #868381 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Breakers told him he was no longer a required player and likely said if he chose to stay, as he was under contract, he would probably get little playing time.

Reply #868382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin Simon, signed at Ulm in top division Germany.

Reply #868390 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I really like Rasmuss Bach but you have to imagine that even with the highly talented Corey Webster leaving that it still doesn't afford Bach playing time and I'm fascinated to see his development, looks like a quality shooter but what else can he add to his game.

Good luck Corey

Reply #868428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wetzell / Loe / Timmins(DP)
Delany / Galloway / Gapare? (DP)
Abercrombie / Dieng# / Davidson(DP)
T.Webster / Besson# / Bach
Siva* / WMW

Reply #868429 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I like Bach too - I suspect he'll get plenty of early-season run as Dieng/Besson get up to speed, but I'm not sure what happens from there.

I can't get a read on Gapare at the moment - something's happened that meant he didn't play any NZ NBL or take up the George Washington scholarship. He hasn't played any national representative basketball this year either. Failed SAT? Off-the-court stuff? Its hard to gauge.

Reply #868438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When's the Breakers signing Silvia?

Reply #868442 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I believe he's already signed they just haven’t announced it yet

Reply #868483 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have posted a welcome to Peyton Siva on Instagram this morning.

Reply #868485 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Siva's already in MIQ - so they've had this locked in for some time. I just wonder where Hugh Besson is.

Reply #868487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Besson and Ousmane Dieng are both in quarantine in Auckland also per their social media accounts. So the Breakers have their entire roster in place and ready for training with three months to go to the NBL season, a far cry from last season.

Reply #868572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754