This forum is far from the most venomous I have ever seen, in fact it is middle of the range tame. I seem to recall OzHoops being more aggressive.
Yes, I too like intellectual basketball discussion, fun banter and reminiscing about the golden years of the NBL.
But I don't let the negativity get to me, in fact its water off a duck's back.
It's part and parcel of the internet that people say what they want behind that anonymity, as long as it does descend to outright Group abuse (race, gender, sexuality) or threats its generally OK.
I find some people tend to be more easily triggered and will bite back with more vitriol.
ME says something. Others automatically jump to that's because your (intentionally spelt that way to highlight their grasp of language) a racist.
KR says something, response will be well you're always right aren't you.
There are always going to be events / occasions where things are negative by nature and discussing it sometimes brings out more negativity from people.
Examples being :
- Ben Simmons barred from the Casino.
- Hiring of Scott Christophersen, Ebi Ere, 2Hard2Guard.
- Sydney Kings forfeiting a grand final.
- The Hawks going into VA for the nth time.
- LV suggesting Melbourne should have beaten Sydney in 19/20.
- Some Adelaide fan bitching he deserves the prize money for a second half court shot he shouldn't have taken.
For controversial things I have no problems with discussions getting heated, it doesn't mean the forum is bad or all the members are bad.
That said its always good to have new members bringing in fresh perspectives that aren't limited to coach' man b00bs and general manager's boys clubs.