Anonymous
Years ago

Loeliger flags season schedule out within 3 weeks

NBL website carrying an article summarising Loeliger's comments on an ESPN podcast.

Key takeaways:
- season start likely to be delayed, as NBL's keen to maximise crowd numbers at games
- season schedule expected to be released in "two to three weeks"
- schedule likely to change after release ("you publish that schedule and then wait for it to change")

Basically, hurry up and wait.

Topic #49277 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no news then.

Reply #872814 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

A December or January start wouldn't surprise me given just how big the current outbreaks are. You'd hope with summer coming in that the spread will calm down, as they seemed to do last summer. But really who knows what kind of wolrld we will have in just a few months? The league did a good job managing everything last season so I expect they'll do the same this time around as well. It's easy to call this "no news" but really it's just a reminder that the league is run by competent people who are taking the right steps in this time

Reply #872818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not starting in Nov. Most likely first week of December

Reply #872821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that's been discussed elsewhere.

Reply #872831 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

" It's easy to call this "no news" but really it's just a reminder that the league is run by competent people who are taking the right steps in this time"

Truth. League is going from strength to strength talent-wise, but need bums in seats or the whole thing falls apart.

Reply #872839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754