Anonymous
Years ago

Melb Utd Vs Breakers live

Melbourne UTD play NZ Breakers tomorrow at 7:30pm NZ time live on Sky Sport 2 according to the Breakers Instagram page. Does anyone know where we can watch it here?

Topic #49421 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo Freebies.

Reply #876397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here being Australia?

All the NBL Blitz games are on Kayo Freebies, you'll need to register for a free account though.

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/How-do-I-register-for-Kayo-Freebies

Reply #876398 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There's no Kayo app for Fire TV for some reason. Can still access it via the Web browser but it's a bit of a pain.

Reply #876399 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

NBL Blitz games are all live in their official YT Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/nblOfficial/videos?view=2&live_view=502

Reply #876401 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I'm going to miss NBL on Twitch, it was so easy no account needed and could watch replays easily too.

Reply #876402 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I'm going to miss NBL on Twitch, it was so easy no account needed and could watch replays easily too.

Don't forget the bonus gambling chat where teens from around the world would trash the league if their bets lost.

Reply #876404 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I honestly didn't even understand half the terminology they used.

Reply #876429 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Incessant bet adverts give me all the being terminology i ever need.

Also all the Shaq I ever need

Reply #876430 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

No Wetzell tonight for NZ, minor calf strain and the team physio is being cautious.
Expect to see Timmons play backup to Loe.

Reply #876449 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ starting 5

Siva
Besson
Abercrombie
Delaney
Loe

Exited to watch some NBL

Reply #876453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dalton and Prewster are not nbl level.

Reply #876458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Timmins likely to continue the trend of DPs who can play minutes. Breakers look stacked. Webster's out and Martin, Siva in is a massive upgrade.

Reply #876459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utd will get another import surely at the 2/3

Reply #876461 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Besson looks pretty good so far, putting in some defensive effort and clearly talented offensively.
Galloway looking confident.
JLA causing NZ some issues early but Timmons came on stemmed the tide somewhat.

Reply #876462 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

Besson is looking like a young stud on both ends of the floor in the first half! Dieng not hitting his shots, but it's okay, it's just preseason. 

Reply #876464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No idea why they picked up Dalton with so many local bigs available at the time.

Reply #876465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Galloway can't defend my grandma. Timmons looks much better. Dieng never seen a shot he doesn’t like. NZ have to improve their D or going nowhere.
Melbourne not as deep as last season, solid 7/8 though. Not certain how dalton gets a contract.

Reply #876466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utd frontcrt

White-Peatling-okwera
Acuil-hukporti-Dalton

Reply #876467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone watch the game on NBL's Youtube? I don't see any live streams. I've registered for a Kayo account in the past hence cannot, watch via the freebies.

As an aside, no I'm not going to signup to Kayo with all the subscriptions I have. IMO, last year's NBL viewing ability (Twitch etc.) was best for casual NBL fans (I'm invested in NBA). I'm all for the league getting bigger and better TV deals, but let's see it filter to the player's and teams. If I can see the money is going to them, I'm all for supporting and considering yet another subscription service.

Reply #876468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go the NBL page on YouTube. All there.

Reply #876469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I get "video unavailable" on the NBL YouTube page. The streaming playlist for the Blitz has no games/streams.

Reply #876470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JLA is first pick for my fantasy team. 36 points and 10 boards.

Reply #876471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Siva was terrible. If he keeps that up he will be the first import sent home

Reply #876472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Expect Dalton n Prewster to be cut for an import

Reply #876473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WMW looked much better, Siva was a gun a season or two ago, hopefully he can find that form, been injured a lot recently. Unless Shamir gets ruthless and only play guys that put in, they ain't playing finals.

Reply #876474 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@648

You can access the NBL games through YouTube via VPN. Australia is the only country blocked from the region checker. So, any VPN location would suffice. If you don't want to pay, just look up any free VPN service online. Proton and the VeePN extension work well and have no data limit. 

Reply #876475 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo Freebies is free, hence the name, so there is no reason to do that in Australia.

Reply #876476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No makers, Jordan hunter out broken finger.

Reply #876477 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@Perthworld

He said that he couldn't access the Kayo Freebies. I just gave him a hand. 

Reply #876478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Stevy, all set thanks to vpn.

That's right, turns out it needs to be a *new* Kayo account to access Freebies. You get stuck into a signup loop to upgrade with an existing account.

@Perthworld but what does free mean? Not familiar with the terminology?

Reply #876487 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Are you sure? I had an old account that I logged into and activating Freebies on it worked.

Reply #876491 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

All I did was log in and start watching, same account I used for WNBL last year. Didn't have to activate anything. It's not a trial, it's literally a free tier. There's no reason it would be unavailable.

Reply #876494 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Delly with 7 turnovers & Agada with 2 points.
Both teams fairly rusty but also some positives.
JLA looks good to go as is Delaney.

Reply #876497 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

JLA (certainly) looks good to go. However, he did have a considerable size and skill advantage.

Makes MU v Phoenix tantalizing with JLA/Zhou Qi and Peatling/Pineau match ups. Goulding/Creek also. Their 1st 'Derby' is Sunday, 28 November (I think) so both teams will have some games under their belt by then, specially Qi & Pineau for Phoenix.

Reply #876498 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

Know it's early but based on his first game, Agada may be one of the first imports cut. He had an awful game. Lacked aggression offensively and didn’t really show much defensively despite being known for that.

Reply #876502 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

First time I've seen Sam Timmins play and he surprised how much he contributed for the Breakers. If he increases his stamina, he'll have a good NBL career. Massive frame, very similar to a young Mark Bradtke

Reply #876504 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

All I did was log in and start watching, same account I used for WNBL last year. Didn't have to activate anything. It's not a trial, it's literally a free tier. There's no reason it would be unavailable.

There are terms and conditions to agree to if you're a first time user of Freebies, although it's only click.

Reply #876505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just sign up with the same email but use +kayo
Ie your email is [email protected] use [email protected]
Works for both gmail and outlook/hotmail email addresses

Reply #876510 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You don't need a new account...

Reply #876521 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tried to get inthrough Kayo Freebies.Would not aloow or show anything.

NBL Youtube says you have to subscribe because again t does not allow access otherwise.

Its all a joke.

Reply #876523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm surprised too how long it’s taken an NBL club to give Timmins a go. He was great as a junior and appeared to have lost confidence in the college system. But he’s a big, strong unit and a sneaky athlete: I didn’t think he’d catch that pass from Dieng but he smashed it.

Reply #876532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timmons far better than Galloway, though you would not have realised it if you were only listening to the call and not watching. Galloway could not defend a bar stool.

Reply #876533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For everyone saying Kayo works bla bla. It doesn't if you've been an previous (paid) user. Your mobile number is attached to the account for verification, and that's ultimately how they know your not a new user. Can we just admit the NBL broadcast deal is not good for the casual fan? I mean using a VPN to watch on YouTube is pathetic.

Reply #876549 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo Freebies works on previously paid accounts. Login, agree to the terms and conditions and away you go. You not being able to figure it out is another matter.

Reply #876570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754