Power Rankings: Week 2
Heading into week 2 of the season, give us your power rankings
10. Cairns - It's all heading downhill for the Orange "Army".
9. Adelaide- Does pre-season form in professional sports mean anything? Adelaide's opening round suggests not.
8. NZ - Covid, playing on the road..... this seems a bit dejavu. I feel sorry for them. But they've gotta do better than that insipid first performance.
7. Tasmania- A galvanizing win first up, but it's pretty clear they'll need Magette and Adams to absolutely dominate if they're to compete for wins.
6. Brisbane- Potentially a Sobey brainfade (or a ref howler. Actually, both) away from a nice road win to kick start their season. It'd be nice if Lamar Patterson started playing like Lamar Patterson circa 2019, instead of some chump who throws away inbounds passes, misses free throws at the death and walks off looking disinterested. Well, he's always looked a little casual...but at least he used to destroy the opposition first.
5. United- Caleb Agada the early favorite for first import on a plane. If United finds itself in a hole, expect them to spend up big on some reinforcements.
4. Sydney- Clumsy win first up against undermanned opponent, but super talented roster.
3. Illawarra- GOAT coach. Talented squad. Watch out.
2. SEM- United are supposed to be the big spenders. SEM said "Hold my beer...". 2 highly rated imports. The best player from China. Ex Boomers & NBA Creek and Broekhoff. Proven role players Adnam, Gliddon, Pineau. The Phoenix are rising.
1. Perth- Another year, another Perth playoffs appearance coming up. Law and Cotton shows every indication of becoming the best Batman and Robin in the NBL. A bunch of injuries, no worries. We're the Wildcats.