Lovebroker
Two years ago

Ninnis : Breakers coaching situation untenable.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/nbl-fixtures-schedule-round-7-talking-points-and-preview-illawarra-hawks-v-sydney-kings/news-story/7c2e83c672d7968320aa029b76cb2583

This article covers many NBL topics.

Two-Thirds down the article discusses Matt Walsh barking substitutions from the side lines at the Breakers last game.

Several NBL legends have frowned upon Matt's actions and called it untenable.

I agree, if Walsh has such a problem with the subs, fire the Director of Basketball and do it himself or find another.

The title will needs to be VP of Round Things bouncing on Da Floor to avoid further contractual obligations.

Topic #49643 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Two years ago

A better title would be "Ninnis: If speculation about the Breakers coaching situation, wildly extrapolated from one incident that may very well have been misinterpreted, is accurate despite no other indications of issues, it's untenable."

Reply #882010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Big life issues right here...

Reply #882011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

That's Chris Pike for you, he loves to write and publish nonsensical dribble. He somehow gets his garbage across NBL, WNBL and NBL1.

Reply #882014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The whole situation, like many things Breakers, has been grossly overstated.

Reply #882017 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Peyton Siva was +16 in the Breakers vs Bullets game, I was yelling at the TV to get him back in the game lol.
A player of his experience & pedigree that is finally fit & healthy and able to contribute should be on court as much as possible when trying to break a 6 game drought.
Matt Walsh is allowed to express his opinion as much as any other basketball fan from the sidelines, it's not like he threatened to sack Shamir if he didn't put Siva back in the game.
Walsh will also be under pressure from his ownership group and Breakers fans to deliver wins just as much as Shamir.

Reply #882020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ninnis is employed by another NBL side. How is this appropriate? Given his own failed NBL coaching career, not sure he's the best person to be commenting on issues at other clubs.

Reply #882023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

There's certainly question marks about Walsh’s character and ethics, but he has a great basketball IQ. The relationship too - between coaches, ownership and players - is also a unique one. Maor jumping the sidelines, the coaches yelling at each other in Israeli, Walsh getting into players too... it’s different and easy to characterise as dysfunctional because it’s not what we’re used to. But players have been coming back, and some players have developed really well: first Delaney, and now WMW and Wetzell. All would be welcome at any other NBL club but chose the Breakers and credit the setup for their development.

Reply #882025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I mean, I'll give you Delaney, but Wetzell and WMD were already pretty good when they got there (WMD maybe just a bit more unknown as he was playing G League).

Reply #882027 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Two years ago

Gaze said it on National tv, Ninnis made an observation for about a minute on an hour podcast that no one listens to.
Hardly worth a headline I wouldn't have thought.

Reply #882028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

027 WMW so unknown that you called him WMD. Twice.

Just curious, what do you think the D stands for?

Reply #882030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The D in WMD stands for Destruction!

Reply #882031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"WMD were already pretty good when they got there (WMD maybe just a bit more unknown as he was playing G League)."

He was a really poor shooter last season and probably a strong reason why he couldn't stick in the NBA. He's now shooting close to 44% from 3 and has a very good pull up game out of the pick and roll. I think there's a good chance he may end up back on the fringe of the NBA soon enough.

Reply #882032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"Gaze said it on National tv"

What Gaze said was in response to what Rucker said and Rucker's interpretation is hardly beyond reproach.

Reply #882033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Wouldn't trust Rucker as far as I could kick him.

Reply #882039 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Ever since Matt Walsh took over the Breakers they have been delusional franchise. Matt Walsh can take the coaching job if he really wants it?

Otherwise let the coach do his job, if not then step away Matt.

Reply #882044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

If you're the owner, or investor, I can see how frustration could creep in and you may overstep the mark during a game. I found some of the other comments way more interesting saying how Kelly has gotten rid of guys not doing their job, wouldn't the person that hired them not be doing their job either. And the Beveridge comments on the Cairns slaughter. Ummm, Scotty, aren't you part of the team that should have them prepared.
I'd much rather have an owner lose his shit courtside or in the media afterwards than have one that sits on hands and let's the rot continue to get worse every year.

Ninnis:
"I do understand if you're the owner and are paying the bills, you can do whatever you want but I love the fact that here in Adelaide we have an owner Grant Kelly who puts people in place and lets them do their job.

“And if they’re not doing their job, as we’ve seen over the last couple of years he’ll get someone else to do the job.

Bevo:
What he saw from the 36ers back in that loss to the Taipans almost a month ago was a performance lacking effort like he can’t remember seeing before. He is now urging Bruton to lay down the law ahead of their return to action on Tuesday at home to the Wildcats.

“It gives them more time to try and reflect, but after watching that game, it was one of the most pitiful performances I’ve seen in a long time. Not so much from a technical perspective, but the effort was as bad as I’ve ever seen," Beveridge said.

Reply #882057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Umm no dickhead #057, Scotty isn't part of the team.

Reply #882060 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Beveridge's comments are spot on - it was one of the worst defeats in NBL history attitude wise.

Reply #882071 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

That Cairns, Adelaide game was awful. Didn't even watch it.

Reply #882074 | Report this post

twenty four  
Two years ago

A better title would be "Ninnis: If speculation about the Breakers coaching situation, wildly extrapolated from one incident that may very well have been misinterpreted, is accurate despite no other indications of issues, it's untenable."

Nah.

Reply #882089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The owner shouldn't be saying shit. But he's the owner. If the coach don't like it he can quit.

Reply #882094 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754