Sat 5:00pm - Bendigo vs Sydney [ABC, Fox Sports]
Sat 7:00pm - Townsville vs Southside [Kayo]
Sat 7:30pm - Perth vs Canberra [Kayo Freebies]

Sun 3:00pm - Adelaide vs Melbourne [Kayo]

All times local.

Topic #49822 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Lose to Sydney, smash Adelaide. Makes sense.
Happy to see them bounce back like that. The Wednesday rematch could be a ripper.

Reply #886652 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Still catching up with today's news so I only just found out that Jenna O'Hea has announced she will retire from basketball after the current WNBL season.

Link to her Instagram announcement

Reply #886696 | Report this post

WBF  
Two years ago

Is that our first decal victim for the year?

Reply #886747 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

:(
Hope it's not serious.

Reply #886748 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Didn't return to the game. Leagues and Clubs must be making big dollars off those decals to be willing to put their players at risk of serious injury. It's not a case of if, but who's next.

Reply #886758 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

The company featured on that decal (Northern Star Resources) just signed up 2 weeks ago to be the Lynx "Major Partner" for 5 years, so yeah fair to say it's a big deal for the club.

It's a really shitty situation, because you're right that there's no "if" about it.
Now that I've seen the replay I'm hopeful that Young will be ok to play sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed. She has been an absolute star lately and the whole league loses out if she's not able to play.

Solid win by the Lynx to take care of business after losing her tonight. Lots of contributions right down the list to complement what the stars were doing.

Reply #886759 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Two years ago

Was hoping for an O'Hea buzzer beater at the end there...would have been fitting.

Reply #886810 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Another excellent performance by Sydney last night.

Flyers on the other hand ... yikes!
Couldn't even get up for Jenna's last ever home game :(

Reply #886839 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Two years ago

I have watched Southsides last few games and their lack of effort in defence is just embarrassing especially the bigs. So much talent so little commitment which i can only assume is coming from the Coach and flowing down . Either Chambers has no idea on how to use Wallace or she is the luckiest person on the planet to be taken by a WNBA team , how A.Rocci can play in front of her is baffling.

Side note I though that M.Rocci played all over little Heal last night despite the result.

Has old Man Froling joined the ranks of the Flames Coaching Staff now ?

Reply #886841 | Report this post

Tired Weevil  
Two years ago

Poor Jenna :(

Southside lost the plot this season. Probably didn't help their cause that Purcell had a better than average game for her, Froling actually did something for the second game in a row, Nakkasoglu was a pest when it counted, and Deeble (who?) scored 9 with 4 of those coming in under 2 seconds.

Sydney should have lost on number of turnovers alone.

Reply #886847 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Never been a fan of chambers, without the $$$, exposed as a coach.
Should be let go from wnbl and opals asap.

2021 champs / 2022 last place
Mitchell / Rocci
Cole / Cole
Ohea / Ohea
Blicavs / Blicavs
Cambage / Bishop

Conti / clydesdale
Clydesdale / Wallace
Jarry / Jarry
Pizzey / Harmon

Oneill / Gaze
Giliam / Giliam
Taylor / Taylor

Reply #886848 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Deeble was the starting pg for u19 WC team.. a very good player....

Reply #886850 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Townsville vs Southside moved from Saturday -> Sunday

@WNBL

*Attention all @TownsvilleFire and @SouthsideFlyers fans,
due to extreme weather conditions in Townsville, the Fire have
had to relocate and reschedule their Rd 14 Saturday night game.

New details:

Fire v Flyers
Sunday 13/3 @ 12pm local
Townsville Stadium
Kayo Freebies

Reply #886852 | Report this post

LC  
Two years ago

The Flyers' fall from grace from last season is intriguing.

They were doing pretty well (but not amazing) when Bishop was still there before her season was ended by injury. Since then, the wheels have fallen off.

Reply #886854 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Two years ago

Caps without Wilson and Bunton in Perth due to potential quarantine rules. Disappointing outcome that this is the choice players still have to make.

Reply #886903 | Report this post

Justsaying  
Two years ago

"...Probably didn't help their cause that Purcell had a better than average game for her, Froling actually did something for the second game in a row, Nakkasoglu was a pest when it counted, and Deeble (who?) scored 9 with 4 of those coming in under 2 seconds..."

Just watched it on Kayo. Is it me or do Flames really play better at both ends when Heal is out ?

Reply #886907 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

The hype around heal is certainly fading.

Reply #886909 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Just watched it on Kayo. Is it me or do Flames really play better at both ends when Heal is out ?

The boxscore matches your observation. Heal -12 in 29 minutes, so the Flames were +14 during the 11 minutes she sat.
Just one game of course - coming off an injury. Offensively she's not as dangerous as last season. Not sure how much of that is her, and how much is extra defensive attention / better scouting.

Reply #886913 | Report this post

Tired Weevil  
Two years ago

It's not just you. I purposely didn't mention Heal because I really don't think she had that much of an impact. Would Southside have won if she hadn't played? Yeah, probably, but not definitely.

I actually hadn't been aware of Deeble before. Certainly a very good young player, just wish she hadn't been quite as effective last night!

Southside did miss a lot of shots and gave away a few very ordinary turnovers, any one of which probably would have been the difference between winning and losing.

Reply #886918 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Two years ago

Capitals very impressive tonight, I was one who didn't believe the Melbourne hype but she played very well both ends of the floor tonight. Jackie Young shot the lights out, but you have to question some of the shot selection. Many shots toeing the 3 point line, how hard is it to get behind the arc.

As a neutral supporter was a very exciting game to watch, don't see Caps missing the finals.

Reply #887002 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Would have liked to have seen more of Swain, Goriss played really only 6 players bulk minutes.

Reply #887006 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Full credit to the Caps. They were locked in from the start and excellent at both ends. Thank goodness for Young for Perth or else that really could have blown out, as not much else was working for us offensively. We were also very careless at times but I can forgive that when it's the 4th game in a week.

Young & Sykes both did as they pleased, but Sykes had a lot more help on her side. Griffin seems to love playing in our building. She kills us here just about every time.
Happy to see Melbourne doing well. Slightly less happy about it when it's against us.

Reply #887008 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Two years ago

Caps were outstanding. Very happy to see A Froling and Melbourne get some decent minutes. Jade's defence has come a long way!

I don’t understand how Perth drew two fouls on Froling in Q1 and the proceeded not to have any sort of inside game for the remaining 3 quarters.

A team game wins every time.

Reply #887009 | Report this post

MK  
Two years ago

Caps were outstanding. Very happy to see A Froling and Melbourne get some decent minutes. Jade's defence has come a long way!

was one who didn't believe the Melbourne hype but she played very well both ends of the floor tonight.

Guess whose back, back again, Jades dads back, tell a friend, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back...da da da da dah

Reply #887012 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Melbourne is a future opal, deal with it.

Reply #887014 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Two years ago

Anneli Maley in the commentary team this arvo. Is there anything she cannot do?

Reply #887054 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

I won't answer that honestly, but I'm enjoying having her behind the mic today.

Reply #887056 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Who are the best candidates to replace Goriss at caps, molloy at boomers?

Reply #887057 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Veal or hurst Canberra and flynn or hibbert boomers I reckon.

Reply #887059 | Report this post

Maybe  
Two years ago

Why is Perth only playing 16 games this season?

Reply #887083 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Jackie Young shot the lights out, but you have to question some of the shot selection. Many shots toeing the 3 point line, how hard is it to get behind the arc.
She got way too selfish early in the fourth, and ended up getting dragged, but she was far from the only one taking a lot of long twos down that end. Did they think they were playing with the inside 3-point line? I'm sure they used to remove it for WNBL games.

Reply #887136 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Lightning's inabilty to even compete let alone win has to be a major concern for Lucas running into Finals. Assuming they sneak in after pushing for top spot just a week ago.

Reply #887161 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Bad time to cop a 3 game losing streak, and it doesn't get any easier with the UC Caps next on the schedule.

That 4th quarter yesterday was awful. In their own building too.
Seems like Talbot isn't 100% healthy and that has a flow-on effect to everything they do. They can't drop out of the top 4 so I wonder if it's worth putting her in cotton wool for the last round.

Reply #887167 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

Maley spoke highly about her partner, Whittle.
Even a bitta push and shove PER v UCC. Don't see that much WNBL.
Sykes kinda broke it up.
Sykes is a class act, as are most of the imports.
Plus Ohea etc
Enjoying it.

Reply #887172 | Report this post

Tired Weevil  
Two years ago

Never had a problem with Alicia Froling until that incident. Totally unnecessary. Looks like she's just as bad as her sister.

Reply #887190 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Both hot heads but so is mabrey.

Reply #887192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754