SmallieBiggs
Two years ago

JJs vs Hawks

Big win by the JJs.
I love the passion from Roth. Not the most talented team but I always enjoy watching them. Wish I could say the same for our boys...

Topic #49846 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Certainly a 'team', not like the hawks.

Reply #887045 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Average players playing great, credit to Roth. Hawks just not that good.

Reply #887046 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Another sellout as well which makes it four out of nine home games so far.

Reply #887047 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Maybe they will build the other side of the stadium someday.

Reply #887048 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

JJs have certainly been a success story so far. Making the finals would be the icing on the cake.

Reply #887050 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Hawks get the rebound with 20 seconds left in the half and Harvey takes a quick 3 .jackjumpers get the rebound and score very amateur

Reply #887051 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Loving your work, Scottroth!

That win was so good that it leap-frogged the JJs above the Phoenix according to the standings on NBL.com.au

Reply #887058 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Great game to be at. The JJ's crowd is still not full of knowledgeable basketball people but that will happen, there is passion and understanding for how hard this team plays.

Hawks fought back from a big lead was never a lock to the last 20 seconds. JJ's undersized but play hard.

For those who do not believe Roth should not be in calculations for coach of the year, he proved today why he should. Coaching a team without the talent of every other team but has them playing for each other and getting W's.

Said before this game he has earnt my respect even more so now.

Reply #887061 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Big questions gotta be asked of the almighty Goorj. Were up there as early favorites but he can't get this team to click.

Reply #887064 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Goorj needs more firepower to be successful

Reply #887072 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Serious Luuuc?

His current roster is fairly stacked.

Reply #887086 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I don't think Goorj would want more firepower.

Reply #887090 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

... although he did make a Grand Final despite it. ;)

Reply #887091 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Hawks locker room isn't a happy place.

Reply #887110 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

BG isn't the messiah he used to be. He is a defensive coach, he doesn’t have the cattle in this squad.

Reply #887111 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yeah, time has not been kind to him.
He's a shadow of the messiah that he used to be 8 months ago.

Reply #887112 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

The harmony has been upset by an import reports suggest. But which import?

Reply #887113 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

He has the cattle

Reply #887117 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

BG was spoilt with that boomers team

Reply #887118 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

XRM apparently?

Reply #887121 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Goorj needs more firepower to be successful
Serious Luuuc?

His current roster is fairly stacked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firepower_International

Reply #887124 | Report this post

orbit  
Two years ago

JJ's ball movement very unselfish & Spurs like. Signs of a good coach. The Goorg factor has hit a glitch & the super coach finds himself in uncharted waters - struggling! Interesting to see if he can turn it round ??

Reply #887135 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Hawks definitely have cattle, just unevenly distributed. Naar and Ogilvy are not world beaters, but I think the two of them racking up DNPs is not great either (especially with AJ as captain). Don't know what Naar's contract situation is, but he should be headed to either the far north or far south this off season, I think he's shown that he deserves backup PG minutes and can contribute at an NBL level.

Imports are fairly one-dimensional except for XRM who seems OK at everything and great at nothing. Cleveland half the defender that Simon was (and double the offensive player, to be fair - it's the D this team needs though).

Also feel that Reath and most games Sam Froling are really underutilized, and I think not having a true playmaker at the 1 spot is at least part of that.

Reply #887141 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

While I've seen some impressive stuff from Reath, I think he has an inflated opinion of his abilities and has done some really dumb selfish stuff.

I’m sure he’s motivated by an NBA call-up, which is fair enough given his size and skills - it’s his decision-making that I’m concerned about.

As for people rubbishing Naar’s abilities, I remember similar rubbishing for Steindl in his early days.

Reply #887144 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Naar was allowed to look around by hawks last off season, there were no takers. Great passer and can play well with a good team, better defensively now but still not great, back up point guard, not certain to many teams need his skill set as back up, starter with team of shooters and defenders is his go.

Reply #887154 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"As for people rubbishing Naar's abilities, I remember similar rubbishing for Steindl in his early days." And Sotto.

Reply #887155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754