Shaggy
Two years ago

Giddey out for rest of season

With Giddey now ruled out for remainder of season, I guess OKC are officially in tank mode.

With such a good young squad, I'm guessing they're going to try for a 3 or 4 player with an early draft pick? They'll be good to watch in the coming couple of seasons...........

Topic #49897 | Report this topic

Hakeem Mills  
Two years ago

They'll just take the best player available.
I'm not sure about a good young squad. SGA is good. Giddey & Sort have potential.

All 3 of them are tradeable though.

With only 7 games left in the season their lottery odds are pretty much locked in.

Their pick could be anywhere from 1-8 at this stage, depending on how the lottery goes but they will be one of the 4 worst teams.

Reply #888178 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Did anyone else go to the event with Giddey in Melbourne last night?

It was a lot of fun and good to see a lot of aussie hoops royalty in the crowd and a bunch of other familiar faces.

The kid definitely has a good head on his shoulders which I think is a testament to his parents and inner circle.

Looking forward to more of these events. Was organised by Anstey who also did the Gaze-Copeland event last year (or was it 2 years ago now? Who can remember?). This one was a step up though, from the Sporting Globe Mordialloc to the Park on albert Park.

I believe there is a Sydney one tonight. Anyone going?

Reply #889963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754