Camel 31
Two years ago

36ers vs Jack Jumpers 1 Apr

I think this will be a close game, Be interesting to watch.
There will probably be about nine people at this 36ers home game, being played at the same time as the Crows v Power Showdown game, which is huge, in Adelaide.

Topic #49908 | Report this topic

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

9 people at the game and 10 people watching from home at this point of the season...

Reply #888404 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Two years ago

Attendance at home games has definitely taken a hit since the AFL season has kicked off, bundled with the fact the 36ers are out of the finals race has meant crowd numbers have / will be poor to end the season.

This should be a good game, 36ers coming off the back of a good win and the Jack Jumpers clinging onto hope for a finals birth.

36ers to get up by 4 in a close one.

Reply #888410 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

I think Jack Jumpers get up by 10 and blow us away in the first half. 6ers to crawl back and make it respectable.

DennisRodmansHair - Really shows the importance of finishing the season prior to AFL Season. The NBL has always weirdly been more interesting to me earlier in the season and dwindled as its progressed. Perhaps this is just because im an Adelaide supporter and usually its a dead season by now.

I know its COVID affected this year so not normally this late, but I would love to see the season move to a July to January fixture or something so the NBL peaks at the right time. Not sure if this would help or hinder with recruiting imports though.

Reply #888416 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Count me in.. getting there towat sixers take down JJ.. must win to maintain the roll sixers are on...

Reply #888426 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Jack McVeigh one of the most loved former sixer will get more than 10 just for him.

Reply #888431 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Good test for Sixers, let's see improvements. JJs buy six.

Reply #888443 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Sixers buy 12.. jumping jack mcveigh why did we not keep him...another of the fish the got away from the net..

Reply #888449 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

McVeigh was useless at Sixers, Roth got him concentrating on playing instead of chest pumping.

Reply #888452 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

6'ers favourites. (Just)

Reply #888465 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Jack McVeigh was handy at 6ers, but like most that leaves, has gone to next level since being at a better club and culture. Horrendous attendances this season to reach all time low, and goes without saying 6ers will lose.

Reply #888467 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Bloodbath incoming. The 36ers should be ashamed from management down.

Reply #888470 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Why so anti sixers. They are our team. Proud history..proud traditions... seems now a nu game game to play called making basketcase of sixers. Do realise they beaten some damm tough good teams this year with depleted roster. And true supporters back team always... got get on board. Jj coming into out house my house and it's going to be uncomfortable if we get behind sixers with sixer proud.. hanging for more HJs too.. come on sixerz

Reply #888475 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Expecting this to a cracker of Agamemnon.. massive day of sport.

Reply #888504 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Do you have a job Hermann and write like that at work? I bet not.

Reply #888510 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Boba it's a piss take. The less attention he get's the sooner he will go away

Reply #888513 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I would love to see the season move to a July to January fixture
Congratulations, you just killed the import market and the Next Stars program in one fell swoop.

Reply #888526 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Wow Sotto's bad.

Reply #888538 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

That first quarter was a really hard watch. DJ is really pissed off as well. Not sure it was worth going over watching the football at this point.

Reply #888540 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

McVeigh has played 15.40 in the half, commentary saying he didn't play much in second quarter. Lol. Johnson is such a good offensive player and such a poor defensive player. Dech has improved immensely. Ugly game.

Reply #888541 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Just tuned in. Kai the "sky walker" Sotto.
What do you think Hermann. NBA bound?

Reply #888542 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Tassie making a comeback.

Reply #888545 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

A comeback and then some!

Reply #888546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

and there we have it, a 16-0 run for Jumpers.

Reply #888547 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Two years ago

Jesus christ Adelaide. What a shit show of a 4th.

It's like they search for the worst possible shot on offence

Reply #888548 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Malou, Marshal, Dufelmeir, King got there chances they did nothing but play iso ball, game gone. At least CJ is now seeing what he got. Mccaron can play the point but needs a few good shooters around him.
JJs just keep marching, there two import guards are very good, the rest play their parts very well.
Sometimes it's probably better coming to a new franchise and setting the ground rules rather taking over from a club that hasn’t had success for a long time. Sixers need a clean out and get decent imports.

Reply #888552 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JJs have substance

Reply #888555 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Tasmania now 13 -10

Where are the anons from before the start of the season stating they would not win more than 2 or 3???

Anons where are you?????

Reply #888557 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Tassie outscored the 36ers 22-10 in the 4th, in Adelaide.

DJ had just 3 boards in 33 minutes and with no Bairstow there as competition.

Crowd 3,407 an AEC record low.

Reply #888558 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

JJs have culture.

They never seem to complain about calls.
Always on the glass and they dive on everything.
And they can all pass.

Reply #888559 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I certainly thought they may be about 3rd bottom. They have achieved well for the talent they have. They got teams at the right time and imagine what they could be if they had a NS who could play and Magnay and a consistent 3rd import. Credit to them and as I said right from the start and everyone one hang shit on me they they needed to finish thereabouts the top teams. That they have achieved now.
Kings will show where they really are.

Reply #888560 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Hey Scout. I am not necessarily an Anon but I certainly was one saying they would only win a couple for the year. On paper they have the worst list in the league. The recruiting was disappointing to say the least. They ended up with the worst next star and have not been able to keep their best player on the court.

The fact that they have won 13 games speaks volumes for the coach and for the players that have bought in to a great team culture. This in turn has been great for the league.

Don't we a smart arse about it because anyone that said they would struggle was making an honest assessment of what was there in front of us. The fact that they have ezceeded all expectations is a win for the JJs but doesn't give you a licence to say you knew something that no one else did. Because the fact is that you didn't know.

Reply #888562 | Report this post

Jackies  
Two years ago

Jackies getting done off the court as well. Great, great first season.

Reply #888563 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Bobbie Fetta I don't write at work.. I am a painter by trade.. so I paint and use a brush to create. Horribly gutted by tonight effort. Game was in the win list but as my boss says job not done to the last cover is on and dry. Sixers need to adapt that motto. Ain't done till it's done...so much promise....

Reply #888565 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Cjs got to go, anyone thinking he can magical turn this team and club around for next season is kidding themselves.

Reply #888567 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Ok Aussiepride, although there are times when it should be ok to have been a supporter of a team who was copping some significant cheap shots before the season.

You are right culture has done it.

Couldn't help be a smartarse yourself with:

"The recruiting was disappointing, to say the least. They ended up with the worst next star and have not been able to keep their best player on the court."

I would mainly disagree with your first point and the next star and injury to Magnay have been factors outside of their control. Character first recruiting has worked, surprise surprise.

McVeigh, Kenyon, Stiendl, McDanial, Adams, Magette and even Krslovic are a very solid core.

There were a lot of cheap shots before the season started, excuse me for slipping with one myself - apologies will pull my head in.

Reply #888573 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Culture doesn't need Vukona there to teach it. Poor decision. Player selection has indeed been average to say the least. The Jackies have managed to sneek wins when other teams were undermanned. Good luck with that.
They certainly have done well and it will be interesting to see in the off season what transpires. The Jackies too a risk on Magnay and most smart people around town knew it was a risk and guess what. He's now damaged goods and who will want him next season? He came back from the US eventually played and now what was a 3-4 week injury is a season ending one. So yes they could control that. The NS apparently was forced on them. They could not have a say on that apparently. Funny Kestleman is of Russian extraction I thought? Speaking English would help too so they should have controlled that Scout. I admire your enthusiasm Scout but please take off the rose coloured glasses. I was wrong but fundamentally this side should be so much better.

Oh we know who's getting done off court ;)

Reply #888580 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Disappointing but I think they played fairly well. Adams was just a beast.

Reply #888671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754