J
Two years ago

Adelaide Junior District Basketball Fixture

Anyone have any idea why a couple of teams have their round 2 games listed on 24 July as opposed to this Sunday 2nd of April like every body else? Or is this just an error in the fixture and the games are on 2 April?

Topic #49909 | Report this topic

Nightwing  
Two years ago

U18 Nationals.

Reply #888408 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

What about under 16 teams?

Reply #888413 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Error, being corrected, you will also notice some playing at 1.00AM, same an error I suspect. Sure someone from BSA watches this forum can advise

Reply #888415 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Teams with multiple State players in their team have had their games postponed so those players can attend State Training on the Sunday.

Reply #888417 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

I guess it doesn't apply to central’s, Norwood, Sturt, forrestville.

Surely it would have made more sense to have the training at some other time between now and the tournament in three months time.

The double header weekend has been in the calendar for months.

Reply #888418 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

16s I believe it only applies to Country due to their limited dates for training together.

18s applies to both Metro and Country given Nationals are just around the corner.

Reply #888420 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Still can't be it for 16’s as central’s have multiple country players.

Find it hard to believe that the training couldn’t be held on any other Sunday in the next three months.

Reply #888422 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

It's on the Club to request a rescheule.

Reply #888423 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

I've noticed some anomalies and assuming they will adjust once it gets worked out.

Great to see so many Divisions and the kids interested in playing club / District. It's a better to have the teams grouped with teams of their level.

Awesome that all 10 member clubs are fielding U18 Div 1 girls teams.

Reply #888428 | Report this post

Reggie  
Two years ago

Was hoping the double header weekends would not be continuing into winter season.

Reply #888583 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Just heard all double header games for this weekend just cancelled? Any truth?

Reply #888594 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Facts. Can we sack this CEO now?

Reply #888596 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Why didn't they just have a normal round in even a break between seasons..if have shortage why persist. Maybe a break benefits everyone one and now game just goes into ether .. or whatever. So dumb. Even I can see that needs a seasonal break between season.. sad but flogging dead horsse just lije gets same nil response.. havent clubs been asking for a break .. I might be a Hermann but even I not flogging dead horses

Reply #888598 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Does anyone have any idea if games are going ahead this Friday?

Reply #888941 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

More to the point, does anyone care anymore? No accountability for last weekend, no updates. No Clubs demanding better on behalf of their members.

NBL1 Central starts this weekend, nothing on here. Nothing of substance from BSA.

The SA Basketball public have just accepted mediocrity as the norm now.

Reply #888951 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Nightwing, how do you know clubs aren't asking serious questions about last weekend?

Reply #888952 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Yes, I care, that's why I asked. With a 10 hour return trip to get to the game and home again I don’t particularly want to find out upon arrival that the round has been cancelled.

I think there has been plenty of promotion from nbl1 (isn’t that one of the reasons for joining them) and the clubs themselves. What were you expecting TV adds? Billboards??? I didn’t think the nbl1 was run by bsa if I’m right can’t really blame them for your criticism.

Reply #888969 | Report this post

Year of the Yao  
Two years ago

People do care in the basketball community. I know that for the people in our circle there is red hot fury with BSA.

Why have grading in a summer season highly interrupted by Covid? Why have so many double headers, yet a big break before Christmas? Why have absolutely no break between seasons when coaches and parents are already exhausted from the pace of the summer season? Why are we stopping children transferring between clubs, so they quit the sport?

I don't blame all the individuals in BSA, but whoever is making their decisions needs to consider the impact.

Reply #888970 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

I didn't think that a transfer for juniors could be be denied unless there were fees outstanding.

Reply #888972 | Report this post

Reggie  
Two years ago

No ability to transfer between season after years of being able to play to has been a mess for families. As above only option for some is to sit out and not play.

Reply #888980 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Oh I have obviously missed the point. Is it the case that you can't transfer during the season or between summer and winter?
If so that does seem ridiculous, I would have thought the rules on transfer are the same regardless of timing at least it should be.

Reply #888996 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

I can only imagine that this grading part of the season counts as the main winter season, hence no transfers. So if a decent kid that was in a club's 3rd team, expecting to play div 3 and maybe play themselves into div 2, are suddenly stuck in div 5 and no chance of moving. Still can make it into higher squad but playing in a lower competition wouldn't help.
Summer should have been the time to sort out where teams belong and then give a chance for transfers in between seasons.
Can only wait to see what happens in the 21s, kids that may have been on fringe of nbl1 selection may well be playing div 2.

Reply #889001 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

I suggest you ask your club who supported this ridiculous grading approach. I think you will find it is a very narrow group of clubs and hopefully BSA will have seen the issues with the process and seek input from a wider group of people to come up with something better.

Reply #889012 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Was15, which part is ridiculous. Grading is required, so are you talking the schedule or the structure of grading or something else. Was it the correct way, maybe not, can it be improved maybe. Reckon you will find that clubs that provide over 90% of players to the competition were in favour, but as you said ask your club.

Reply #889025 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

None of the clubs were presented with the model we ended up with. To suggest this is all the Clubs fault for supporting this model is simply not true.

I do agree, parents and coaches need to contact their Club Presidents to complain rather than bitch among themselves though.

Reply #889028 | Report this post

Year of the Yao  
Two years ago

None of the clubs wanted this current ridiculous model. Why would clubs vote for something that stretches their capacity to deliver?

Some wanted the no transfer between summer and winter rule, and for some reason BSA listened to those clubs. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reply #889035 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Nightwing and Year of the Yao to speak with such conviction you must both be directly involved with a club? Do tell we need to know why this happened, surely if no clubs wanted it, how can it happen?

Reply #889036 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

Life is Basketball - you are wrong. Most clubs were in favour of a grading season but the method adopted, and proposed by one club's JDO, was far from popular. How can a system which regularly facilitated 100 point blow out be good for the game or for the people playing.

Unfortunately clubs cannot be completely open in their communication especially if it is contrary to what is said by BSA.

Reply #889037 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Was15 so a case of squeaky wheel getting the oil! Are 100 point blow outs the fault of the grading system or the fault of the clubs suggesting teams are worthy of a certain level and the grading system corrects that error of judgement?

Reply #889040 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

transfers must be allowed - otherwise if people aren't happy and want out - they will leave entirely.

Reply #889041 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

+ as far as I know all sports have a cut off date for clearances/registrations at some point of the year, are you suggesting a transfer anytime? Curious.

Reply #889042 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

would not be against a cut off date - say nil transfers in the last half of the season.

"Transfer portal" maybe ?

Maybe if you need it at an odd time - you have to provide a written application to exemption committee.

i.e. moved house, job, school, situation at home changed etc.

Reply #889043 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

The 100 point blow outs lie entirely with BSA and the method of grading. Clubs nominated teams in lower divisions as usual but that was ignored and there were many games where for example an 8th team in a club was playing a 3rd team from another club or in some cases they were from the same club. Some kids have stopped playing because of the humiliation

Reply #889044 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

+ But I think that is what is there now, you can ask for exemption due to special circumstances and the cut off date is/was only during break between Winter and Summer or what is now know as Grading/Preseason and Championship. Perhaps just not communicated well in the past and an actual date is required i.e. 30th June (random date chosen)

Reply #889045 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

big wins / losses are a fact of any competition. They are going to happen. I think it is how they are managed - i.e. if your junior team is up by 20 points why not get them to play with challenges i.e. 18+ second offences, get the inside players to work on their perimeter game, run your bench more - rather than press & steal.

Reply #889046 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

I disagree - a properly thought through grading system should not have a significant number of blow outs

Reply #889048 | Report this post

Reggie  
Two years ago

Life is Basketball. No Transfers allowed between grading and winter season this year. When asked was told it was changed this season. Still can't find it on the BSA page.
More than a few families feeling let down. Kids sitting out round one while they push the case or perhaps to push their case with BSA.

Reply #889056 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Was15 blowouts will happen if club is too ambitious with how good they think their team is, hence the grading system?

Reply #889057 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

LIB. Maybe but most clubs are responsible. I doubt a Div 6 team would be nominated in Div3 but this grading season has seen BSA schedule this to happen. Clubs did the right thing - BSA and one or two JDOs have let kids and parents down

Reply #889059 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Was15 understand that's silly by those clubs then...you sure you not closely connected!! :)

Reply #889061 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

LiB the problem is you don't understand anything that's happened this year but keep wanting to put blame on the clubs.

Reply #889068 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Not putting blame on clubs at all, but maybe you're right and I may know nothing...but then again maybe I do and am heavily involved… :)

Reply #889072 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Was there such a big need for the grading season? We're the majority of clubs teams placed right? Obviously there will be exceptions over the years but not sure there was such a need for such drastic change that resulted in very low div team playing teams much higher div and even from the same club! Finding solutions to problems that don’t exist perhaps?

Reply #889074 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

LiB it would not surprise at all to find out you are heavily involved. It's uneducated, ill-informed, inexperienced people like you that basketball have destorying the game from the top down. You sound like a BSA employee with your nonsense.

Reply #889105 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Oh wise Nightwing please enlighten how one is uneducated, ill-informed and inexperienced from comments listed. And definately do not work at or for BSA

Reply #889109 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Multiple people in this thread have tried to explain this year's changes to you. That's on you.

Reply #889115 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

No-one has explained it, people have complained about it, so please you inform why my opinion is uneducated, ill-informed and inexperienced from comments listed. Maybe you can explain why your view, whatever that is, is correct or better? They may not be the same as yours, but does that make them wrong, well obviously in your eyes, but maybe we all need to look through a different lense!

Reply #889116 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Two years ago

Night wing and LIB
Get a room will you both.
Then have a punch up or make love

Reply #889125 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

All major club's at the start should mainly nominate in every division they can, unless it's obvious a team couldn't hack it, or if 2 teams are so close, nominate them in same division. Then have a 5 week grading system to see if there's any definite mistakes. That would be if a team is losing by at least 50 every week or winning by 50. Then jdos should discuss with their teams and coaches and renominate.
Club's need to be realistic and not just assume because there's a higher division, they need to be there. If a club can field 3 competitive div 2 teams they should have the right. And if they have a weak age group, nominate 3 div 4 teams.
But club's and parents egos get in the way and rather have their kids slaughtered each week would prefer to play higher grade even if they're not up to it.
Would be probably wiser just to let teams and kids show up and sort themselves out, more common sense than adults.

Reply #889135 | Report this post

Really!!!  
Two years ago

Agree Frisbee,

I'd add a second round to check teams that moved down say from d2 to d3 and those moved up from d4 to d2 don’t have blow outs as well. 10 weeks in total. But definitely should be clubs jobs to nominate appropriately. Rather than BSA just throw it together haphazardly.

Reply #889151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754