Dunkman
Two years ago

Hawks v bullets.

Oscar Forman looking very bright. Harvey out. Hawks should win this comfortably.

Topic #49911 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Why would you sign an import like Moss, who is average and that's being nice to him, can’t defend, can’t score, ahead of a young Australian player. A lot third imports are average, better give Australian players a go.

Reply #888451 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Bugger Aussie players, the Bullets should've cut bait on Moss a long time ago and simply signed a better import!

Bullets gonna Bullet.

Reply #888454 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane coach makes subs after his benches got them back within five, back to fourteen at the half. One season coach might be happening here, in all that other than Franks and Patterson no matter how big some of their players reputation are.

Reply #888455 | Report this post

WC95  
Two years ago

Are the Illawarra Hawks ever going to get any fans or are they forever going to be a poorly attended club no matter where they are on the ladder?

Reply #888460 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'd take Naar, an Australian ahead Moss an import every day of the week. I’d say Naar has less money in his monthly pay than Moss as well.

Two imports, ten man rosters.

Reply #888464 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

For a long time we have heard Scott Christophersok being the worst import of all time in the NBL and whilst I think he was underwhelming surely others are atleast as bad as him and Moss definitely is a battler and it's very hard to see any upside with him, I mean if he went to another NBL season this season with the rosters the way they are, would he get any more minutes than a struggling Bullets team that have lacked Sobey and an out of form Drmic, inconsistent Cadee and Wigness isn’t close to the player I felt he’d turn into when watching him in juniors... yet Moss can’t get on the bloody court.

Brisbane Bullets Basketball Club, I so want to love watching you but you’ve frustrated me and let me down too much that I just expect you to shoot yourself out of a game and underwhelm your fan base.

Reply #888479 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two years ago

I feel JD is in the same circumstances as CJ , hasn't had much input or say about this team with being signed late in the off season
Lack of a quality big is killing them & so is injuries but with what’s left they just don’t look like they are buying in to JD system
It would be good if JD had another 2 years left in his contract instead of 1 to see what he could pull together in players over the next couple of years
Their defence just kills them

Reply #888483 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Who thinks Sobey will leave?
Bullets nearly as embarrassing and poorly ran as the 6ers. Nearly. Would love to see both clubs powerful again. Loggins/Davis etc must shake their heads at what their clubs have become whilst Perth, all credit to them, deservedly run riot.

Reply #888484 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I feel like Sobey will go to Phoenix as they go against picking an import 1 and with Le'afa and Adnam taking the ball handling duties off of him.

I don’t see Gliddon staying there so maybe he goes 'back’ to WA or back to the Bullets but Sobey’s $ going towards an import 1 and you’d imagine a cheaper Gliddon and they have the ability to be competitive but JD definitely needs to use his contacts and get a better import guard.

I’d be very happy to see Patterson and Franks return but the issue is will K-Mart pull out his Cheque book and get an all-NBL caliber point guard and will they defend.

On paper this squad can cause lots of headaches for opponents and definitely mismatches but they look about as keen as the Bullets fans do attending games and something needs to change there.

Reply #888544 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Having bought a house next to JC5 and both raising little ones, I feel that Sobey will stay if Brisbane makes an offer within ballpark of what other teams tender. What could go wrong here, lol.

Also thinking it's difficult to judge JD on this season, given the absolute turd of a roster he inherited. The stench of Lemanis still eminates, but Sammy Mack has to cop some decent blame for what's been put together.

Reply #888550 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Wow Ben living next door to JC5 almost makes you a celebrity in your own right. Get any free shirts?

Reply #888551 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

He's talking about Sobey dickhead

Reply #888553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754