Two years ago

Perth v Adelaide 14 Apr

Perth to win but by how much.
Norton and Frazier back for the Cats.

Topic #49950 | Report this topic

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Perth by 17 points
Cats fans to complain about officiating when down in the 1st qtr only to remain quiet about it for the following 3qtrs when Cats take the lead.

Reply #889509 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Perth comfortably .

Adelaide will be competitive early but they just don't have the cattle. There big money Australian players Mccaron and Johnson have done better than most give credit around hear, Humphries has been a bust. Harris is a goer but lacks height for his position. There imports have been average.

Time for Perth to stand up, I believe they will, Travers, Cotton to be to good for there opponents. Hopefully Law plays a bit more team.

Nice way to head into a Friday long weekend, two game of basketball.

Reply #889514 | Report this post

Aussie  
Two years ago

Is it now 100% capacity at RAC Arena?

Reply #889515 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

No.

Reply #889517 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The Sixers have lost 10 of their last 12 games so Perth by 20+

Reply #889521 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

I expect a big game from Johnson

Reply #889526 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Strange I thought you said their last games were sellouts.
"So only 10192 people there last night. Hardly a KR sellout.
Oh no, there were 16 unsold tickets, the sky is falling in." Elsewhere you said that the Wildcats had sellouts as well with a lower capacity.
So what is the KR version of the capacity today?

Reply #889530 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

What on earth are you talking about?

Reply #889531 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Wildcats always struggle against sixers. Don't be surprised if sixers get the W. Perth really nothing to play for. False sense of confidence might just be undoing. Few young guns got bit to play for and Mitch and DJ wily vets might just continue on merry way..
If BC or VLaw not fired up. Can see lack of depth hurting Perth. They just staggering to sesson end. Sixers might be able to expose the end is neigh and spoil the chocolates for the wilting cats. Dech to silence distractions. Overdue. Sixers by 15...or no eggs for me...

Reply #889538 | Report this post

Watto  
Two years ago

Perth has nothing to play for? It's not like they have a big playoff streak they want to continue or anything...

Reply #889539 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Two years ago

Boba Fett - "75 per cent capacity for major stadia, such as Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Stadium (main area) and HBF Park;"

see https://www.racarena.com.au/News/Articles/COVID-19-Update
You can page down to the 2:00pm AWST, Thursday 24th March 2022 update to find this information. These restrictions appear not to have been changed by yesterday's announcement by the WA Premier.

75% of capacity would be 10,875, according to RAC capacity on AUStadiums (https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/state/9). That may be different when configured for NBL. I don't know.

Reply #889543 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Headband appreciation night in the jungle tonight

Reply #889567 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Just another slow ScoMo start.

Reply #889569 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Sunday bring the pain

Reply #889570 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Sco Mo might need to go into hiding if he breaks the playoff streak

Reply #889571 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Wagstaff chewing up minutes again for no return

Reply #889572 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

We're down 20-40.

What in the actual fuck.

Meanwhile Paul Smith's Kings are on a 13 game winning streak.

Reply #889573 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hopefully scomo is gone by next season.

Reply #889574 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Did I not paint this scenario....sixers are hot Hot hot

Reply #889575 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

Hot then cold second half
Wildcats will over run them

Reply #889576 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Is it possible to fire a coach @ halftime? Asking for a friend

Reply #889577 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Wildcats just not interested...hole too big...DJ reminding the universe he is still elite..

Reply #889578 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

ScoMo runs well onto the court because Sotto came over the back on a rebound and the official runs straight past him.

What the hell!

Reply #889582 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Perth are the weakest playoff team by a mile. Outside of Bryce Cotton and Vic Law they have basically nothing. I know those are two elite players in this league but they can't be expected to carry the load for an entire series. They're not real contenders this year and are lucky SEM imploded.

Adelaide is playing reasonably well. Johnson will turn up once every so often and hit shots. He's never lost that ability. It's the rest of his game that has been drawn into question but it hasn't been an issue tonight. Doesn't mean he's still a player warranting top dollar or continued starter role next season though ..... (directed at Herrman)

Reply #889583 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

The cats are making Hannahs and Dech look elite too. I wonder if they even understand what Morrison's defensive system is supposed to be

Reply #889585 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I wouldn't mind JackJumpers taking fourth, at least they would show heart in the playoffs and it would be a wake up call to SEG.

Reply #889586 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Perth cats are facing end of rain.. too thin like cotton thread thin.. this season or next play off run will end... sixers on the rise

Reply #889587 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Travers nba bound .
Poor kid the media keep telling him this

Reply #889588 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two years ago

Holy hell, we may win this haha.

On another note, please how do we eliminate Hermann....?

Reply #889589 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Dynasty over, they still might win this but no champions for a while. Gonsky.

Reply #889590 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

Who's this young kid in #3 hitting 3 bombs and cussing at the officials?

Reply #889591 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

This wouldn't happen under Trevor Gleeson. Fact.

Reply #889592 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Hot hot Hot. Sixers are playing with freedom..2 dimensto Perth. Law and cotton...
Now all the sixers lovers let's get back on board...CJ impressive calm if only had IH all season and CB. Be cruising play off's...give CJ extensions and let him build his team.. doing this with inheriting hokey poker group...

Reply #889593 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Two years ago

It's no wonder Wagstaff is a flopping tool, he gets away with every game!

Reply #889594 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Called it before the game and calling it now... sixers sixers yeah baby
Hot happy sixers

Reply #889595 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

Well that made for a pleasant change.

Reply #889596 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I am not sure what Herrman is smoking but there was nothing particularly impressive about the Sixers - Perth were just absolutely woeful. I've never seen a Perth Wildcats team ever play that badly. A historically bad performance regardless of what the box score may say.

Reply #889597 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Perth just making up the numbers

Reply #889598 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Is it too soon for a sack Morrison thread?

Reply #889599 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Travers wants to get back to singlet 4, he ain't no 23 and I like him as a player.
Well done to CJ, hopefully next season he gets a few decent imports.
I said above that Johnson and Mccaron were a lot better than given credit all season.
Well done to Sixers.
Perth had better see if Gleeson is unhappy in America and try get him back, maybe bevo back if not.
Cotton looking tired and battered.

Reply #889600 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I've said it before on this thread and I'll say it again: This would not have happened under Gleeson.

Have they had bigger loses under Gleeson? Sure. But Perth barely turned up today. They barely seemed to have the will to play. It must have been embarrassing for the red army to watch. I've never seen them play that way in the entire time I've watched the NBL.

If they cant have Gleeson they should be talking to Rob Beveridge. This Scott Morrison character hasn't worked out.

Reply #889601 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Nothing particularly impressive. Pardon me but did you not witness sixers dismantle wildcats. Smashed the boards. Ball movement and spacing. Shut down what little offensive threat cats had. Smothering defence to force poor shot selection.dech wet suited cotton.shooting display hannahsand DJ. Mitch total court control and vision...say was a clinik...outclassed...outcoached dads army left red faced..

Reply #889602 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

Anytime the Sixers can walk out of RAC with a win is impressive.

Sure Perth were poor but give some credit where it is due, the Sixers could have stunk it up too but they didn't.

Reply #889603 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Never doubted dusty :-) great win from the start.

Reply #889604 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

Perth not looking good, but credit where its due, the Sixers played very well tonight. Nice to see them all attack and make quick decisions on offence. It was good to see Dusty finally get it going too. If only he'd been able to do that more frequently when the games mattered!

Reply #889605 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Yeah it wasn't particularly impressive Herrman. I didn't say Sixers played "bad". But they weren't particularly impressive. Pitted against any other top four team tonight Adelaide would have lost. But they caught Perth on a night when Cotton just couldn't get going and it exposed some of their glaring weaknesses. Yes... you have to turn up to beat any NBL basketball team. And Adelaide did well enough. But let's not pretend a lot of this wasn't Perth basically imploding and showing just how flawed they really are this season. And even if I credit the Sixers with a good showing, which I am reticent to do, that doesn't absolve this team of their entire season of failure. There's still a whole lot wrong with the Adelaide 36ers and there still will be when a lot of those contracts carry over next season.

Reply #889606 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

The sixers have always been a bogey team no matter the ladder position but i cant remember the last time the wildcats played this poorly. Hodgson is the only one who could be proud of his performance. Slow starts have been a big issue. That's what can happen giving the visiting team a good start to the game. They hit a few early shots and start feeling confident. It felt like they couldn't miss after that. Well played 36ers

Reply #889607 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Travers comes steaming down the court and constantly looses the handle or smashes guys over .
He's still learning and way off any other league .

Reply #889608 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Bryce has been playing poorly for a few weeks but no one else seems to be able to consistently fill the gap. Blanchfield down, Wagstaff woeful, Law trying but outmanned. Travers up and down.

In the old cats era Kerry Stokes would of go them in the room and blasted them, I think the panic switch is well and truly on and the team ownership need to read the riot act to the whole playing group and coaching staff.

I dont think the coach is doing well but I also think he needs to publically call out some of the players on the team who are zero-additions to games for a while now.

Reply #889609 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

I found it pretty comical just how bad we were at times (a lot of times!) tonight.
Chance for redemption in 48 hours so we'll see what that brings.

Well played by Adelaide though. DJ doing what he wants in Perth is par for the course, but Hannahs being good wasn't something I saw on the script.

Reply #889610 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Gleeson would have run plays to get players going. Feels like blanchfield is forgotten about, so he tries to make something up and struggles.

Team is more talented than last year and doing a lot worse

Reply #889611 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

50 shades of shite from the cats, woeful. Scomo might have to start physically putting the ball in the hopp for a few of the roster. In other other news devondrick walker lighting it up for the Rockingham flames, possible frazier replacement for 2023? If it wasnt for the foot injury he could have been BCs Other half instead of Tokoto that season

Reply #889612 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Big difference lighting it up in NBL1 West and lighting it up the the NBL.

Reply #889613 | Report this post

Monday Dech  
Two years ago

Over 100 combined minutes from all bar Bryce/Law/Hodgson and cats get 25 points. No bryce no dice. Why not throw Purchase and OHB some descent minutes and try them out. Cannot keep going to the well if the well is dry

Reply #889614 | Report this post

Watto  
Two years ago

Could this Wildcats team beat the 1988 Supercats?

Reply #889624 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Coach has lost the team, it's that simple.

Reply #889625 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I said it before. Cotton needs one season off. Jackies looking at Perth losing some more. Can they beat the hapless Kiwis tonight is the question.

Reply #889626 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Yeah this does look a bit like the end of Bryce Cotton as an all-conquering player in this league. He's never had a downward slump like this. Unless he magically shoots Perth into the grand final series I feel like we're seeing his slow end. Jerome Randle went the same direction without reaching quite the same heights. Unless Perth gets a coach who understands how to get the most out of it, Cotton might come back to the pack as a mere mortal.

Reply #889629 | Report this post

SF99  
Two years ago

Scomo got no system. Gleeson was so deliberate.

Free flow NBA perimeter style doesn't cut it in the NBL over a whole season.
Need a pick & pop capable true PF to free up Cotton.
Between the coaching appointment and roster construction saga this has not been a good first year for Danny Mills.

Reply #889630 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Scomo loses the plot on that rebound. Simple interpretation is if they both have the ball in the air and you bring the ball so the player comes with you, it is a no call. All 3 refs thought so.

Reply #889633 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I think Adelaide generally plays well at RAC Arena compared to other away spots - I have no clue why, maybe down to DJ generally playing his best at RAC?

Reply #889635 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Not to take away anything from Adelaide An NBL 1 team could of beaten Perth last night. They are in disarray, not buying into the coach any more and look like they want the season to end early.

I am suprised the cats still getting the crowds - games so woeful we should be paid to watch it and not the other way around.

Reply #889638 | Report this post

Observer  
Two years ago

I'm lost for words

Expecting Perth to win but sixers actually played 4 quarters .

Don’t expect same thing Sunday , a long flight short time rest .Won’t see the same
Trio getting big scores come Sunday.

Hope Perth miss finals ,appalling last night ,see Morrison arguing with refs more than his team.Love to see Jack Jumpers finish 4th

Reply #889641 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The question for the new Wildcats management is how will they respond? Yes, they haven't quite butchered there 37 year playoff streak but if they keep going the way they're going, they absolutely will next season. Scott Morrison needs to go. You cant have a team with the success and expectations that the cats hold every year continue on with a guy who hasn't got it together yet. Get on the horn to Beveridge or someone who is a sure bet. The Scomo experiment has failed. I know it's interesting to see a playoff end as a failure but this has to be the first time in recent memory when a Perth Wildcats team hasn't been a realistic championship threat.

Reply #889649 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

I cant see Danny Mills sacking Morrison after one season as they are good friends apparently. It would take SEG to make the call which i would be all for it. While Hutchy is at it he should appoint a new GM. There should be no tolerance for these fuck ups where even supporters could see early on in the year the roster wasn't right. Even the reluctance to sign a next star has hindered their bench depth the past two seasons. It can be a gamble but look at the improvement some of them have made this season. Hukporti for example has provided united with quality minutes and rotation depth in the front court. He's something the cats are crying out for this year.

But what is most troubling is they have no identity anymore. In a matter of half a season they have lost the aura they once had. What is wildcats basketball now? Does Morrison try and instill an identity? Gleeson respected the clubs culture and history. His message always enhanced upon what was already there. He reminded his players of the teams core values when they needed a kick up the backside. As well as being an exceptional coach tactically he inspired belief when it was needed. As did Bevo. Now teams don't fear playing the wildcats in Perth. Other coaches have worked out far too easily how to beat them. The defensive toughness and spirit is non existent. Dynasties don't last forever but what is this teams identity now.

Reply #889651 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Apparently one of the first things Gleeson did when he came in was ask the team to teach him Bevo's defensive system.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Reply #889653 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Correct, Gleeson came and worked with Bevo's solid base and went from there, R.I.P. that era now of 2009-2021. You can argue it goes back even further as Bevo had a working relationship with Damian Martin and Matt Knight at West Sydney and prior to that Damo's teenage years convincing him to focus on basketball rather than rugby league. That's all gone now sadly after one season due to a bad hire.

ScoMo definitely is gone, Mills probably should as well. We will find out soon what SEG are made out of.

Reply #889654 | Report this post

loungefly  
Two years ago

I admit I gave scomo a pass early as we still managed to win some games somehow and I thought he arrived in the country the day before pre season blitz started and met the team in person at pre season blitz so training camp was non existent he needs time to implement his system.
but now seeing the team get worse while they are at home with no travelling between games and plenty of time to practice means he has no system to put in place and Cotton and Law don't have the legs under them anymore to drag the team to wins. The other sad thing is we are still "in the playoffs" so the guys buried on the bench still aren’t getting decent court time and we have no idea what they can really bring to the team.

And don’t get me started on the brilliant job they’ve done of regressing travers. Even last season I didn’t think he has NBA potential but he’d at least be a local star in NBL. now he looks lost

Reply #889655 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Even if he wasn't in the country/out of quarantine, he would have been watching training and dictating what was being done.

It was obvious very early on that the offense was simply being bailed out by the individual brilliance of Cotton and Law, which was never going to be feasible long term.

Reply #889656 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

All the Donald Trumps in here lol - YOU'RE FIRED! Several times last night the cats scored multiple times and got stops straight after timeouts, Scomo drew up those plays. After that it's the supporting casts job to fumble and fuck up until the next timeout or break in play. Norton said it best in the post game presser - Scomo should in no way be expected to motivate the team. They are pro ballers who should be stepping up when Cotton is getting monstered and they just are not doing it. It's a slump, still 4th on the ladder.

Reply #889657 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

ScoMo was remotely running pre-season for months out of Canada with Mike Kelly being the man on the ground implementing it.

Reply #889658 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

So we're just going to ignore all the turnovers and bad shots on ATO sets all season because they scored twice against the worst team in the league?

Reply #889659 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

I think the main point is how will Scomo run a team better next year? Will people take up membership again with him at the helm ? Success once lost is hard to regain - just look at how far breakers have dropped with no sign of the dominant Breakers we once new.

Nine straight home games in any season prior to this one would have been money in the bank.

This has been a catastrophic failure by coach, players and management - and often its the coach that will ultimately wear it for the team. I would prefer cats do fall out this season - if anything to prove that success is not a right and that its something earned.

Reply #889660 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Yeah, the Breakers haven't sold a single ticket all season. Just pathetic.

Reply #889661 | Report this post

loungefly  
Two years ago

That's the point coaching over zoom is nothing like being on court with the players, they are being asked to implement a system by a coach they never met in person. I still think he gets a 2nd season, better off season (hopefully), better bench (hopefully) and if the team fails again then he’s out.

And I actually hope tassie take 4th over the wildcats they deserve it more

Reply #889662 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

@koberulz you forget pre-pandemic they also didnt make the playoffs. They were grand finalists regularly before that.

Reply #889663 | Report this post

Outlook  
Two years ago

Lose tonight against Cairns and that's it for Perth because on form they won't be defeating Illawarra or south East Melbourne.

Reply #889683 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Well I predicted sixers to get the w against Pertff.. I going to put it out there right now. Big call be Cairns can do the job...JJ in first season to make finals and Perth era is closed.
Big call but signs were not good.cotton is struggling. Maybe some injury and law is hurt. After that just not enough talents. Glory days are done... many ways sad unexpected demise oc the once great feared wildcats but the sands of the nullabor are blowing

Reply #889684 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

All the Donald Trumps in here lol - YOU'RE FIRED! Several times last night the cats scored multiple times and got stops straight after timeouts, Scomo drew up those plays.
FWIW, ATO points per 100 plays this season:
BRS 104
SYD 92
PER 89
ILL 86
MEL/TAS 83
ADL/CNS/NZB 82
SEM 76

Overall points per 100 plays:
ILL/PER 97
SEM 96
SYD 95
MEL 94
NZB 93
BRS 92
TAS 89
ADL 88
CNS 87

If we subtract overall performance from ATO performance:
BRS +12
SYD -3
CNS -5
ADL/TAS -6
PER -8
ILL/MEL/NZB -11
SEM -20

In conclusion, Simon Mitchell is terrible, and we're all massively underrating James Duncan.

Reply #889685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754