Baller
Two years ago

Joe Ingles update?

There was talk a few weeks ago he was coming back. Has anyone heard anything about were he might play?

Topic #49970 | Report this topic

Anon  
Two years ago

If you are talking about to Australia he is only going to play for a Melbourne team, but it won't be next season. He's still got 1 more NBA season in him. I suspect for Utah vet min, from November at the earliest.

Reply #889993 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Lol^

Reply #889994 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

According to various beat writers, the Blazers quite like him. Dame has expressed a few times that he wants to play with Joe. All of which is likely to be a ploy to increase his possible trade value - but it *could* be genuine.

If Utah don't go deep, they will blow the whole place up. Joe won't be going back there.

Reply #889998 | Report this post

JB  
Two years ago

Ingles is a free agent, so trade value does not come into the equation.

Reply #890010 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

There's plenty of contenders he could be a high level role player for...

My guess is he chases a ring, signs a vet min deal with a contender

Reply #890012 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I'd be very surprised if he doesnt get a veteran minimum deal somewhere at the very least, and I still think someone will offer him more than that, and potentially even a couple of years.

Reply #890030 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I'd say 90 percent chance Joe is back in the NBA for at least one more year. It's not like the guy is injury prone, or the ACL will curtail his 'astonishing athleticism'. More interesting for me at this point is what is happening with Aron Baynes. Is he training? Is there talk of any signing? He's a guy who I don't expect to walk back into the NBA and will probably land somewhere in the NBL.

Reply #890175 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I think I read somewhere Baynes has been talking to the Bullets but still has designs on getting back into the NBA next season.

Reply #890186 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Two years ago

"I'd say 90 percent chance Joe is back in the NBA for at least one more year."

I'd have to agree there. Ingles has far surpassed an expectations. His contributions to a team are outstanding... on & off the court. Looking at the chemistry issues in Utah, I wonder how much of it has to do with Ingles being traded from the team... I think Ingles & his wife did a lot to keep those players together & cohesive.

Reply #890190 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

"I think I read somewhere Baynes has been talking to the Bullets but still has designs on getting back into the NBA next season."

I also have designs on going to the NBA. Not going to happen though. From a Boomers standpoint I really hope he is playding pro next season. We lack big enforcers.

Reply #890206 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Baynes was already coming to the end of his NBA career before the Olympics and couldn't stay on the court for a Raptors team desperate for a big. I'm not saying he definitely won't get an NBA deal, but I'd think the most likely scenario would see him playing a season of pro ball outside of the league and playing so we'll someone gives him a shot.

Reply #890238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754