Dunkman
Two years ago

JJs v United

No White or delly, two big outs. 37 to 34 at the half to United. Ok game, no points for Goulding at the half.

Topic #49982 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

United are doing a good show of not trying.

Reply #890200 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Write it down, 3 mins remaining in the 3rd the tanking begins. Fair enough but if the cats lose tomorrow I well and truly hope Tassie go all the way

Reply #890201 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It certainly looks like there tanking.

Reply #890202 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Well I'm torn.

I want the JackJumpers to get in. Winning 17 games and missing out would be horrendous. On the other hand, that means wanting SEM to win on Sunday...

Reply #890203 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Melbourne just going through the motions, Perth got win tomorrow, pressure on now. It's amazing that JJs are in this position.

Reply #890204 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Clear tank job. Not that JJs couldnt beat a full United team on their day, but not by 20-something points.

All comes down to Perth v SEM now. JJs have done enough in my eyes to make the playoffs. They bust their asses every night. Whereas Perth often seems like theyre going through the motions. If JJs made the playoffs I think they'd be a better shot of upsetting a team than Perth are at the moment, and for that reason I'll be rooting for SEM tomorrow

Reply #890205 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Good onya, JJs.
Regardless of what happens tomorrow it's been a debut season that has exceeded expectations and put in place a solid foundation to build on.

Reply #890207 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Loving the drama, finally the regular season is interesting - what an epic day we have in store tomorrow.

Reply #890208 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I don't like the percentage system, it should go on previous results against the equal team. Off course can’t be done as teams don’t play every one equally.

Well done to JJs outstanding performance. They probably deserve a finals spot, Perth were much better when they were on the road.

Reply #890210 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

If the cats lose tomorrow I will well and truly be rooting for anyone who plays Melbourne. What a pack of tanking vaginal blood farts

Reply #890211 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Wonder if the league feels as strongly about the integrity of the competition as they did when a war held up the clearance if a player??? Disgraceful display by Melboure, irrespective of what happens tomorrow, hopefully they get what they deserve for playing with form.

Reply #890212 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

If JJs make the playoffs I am not counting them out of winning it all, and putting egg on all of our faces.

Reply #890213 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Anyone thinking Melbourne deliberately lost this game has rocks in their head.

Reply #890214 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

koberulz blows goats, I have proof

Reply #890219 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Deliberately lost? No. Particularly bothered to win? Also no.

Reply #890220 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Melbourne have no interest in intentionally losing, it's just a game with little interest to win if you’re wanting to be fit n healthy for the semis.

Reply #890224 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Agree, ME. I think JJs just got inside United's heads.

If United had wanted to tank, JLA and Goulding wouldn’t have hit the floor for more than 5 minutes. United took a risk playing both of those guys in a nothing game.

Reply #890225 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

If I were one of the top 3 teams I'd probably prefer facing Perth than the JJs right now. The Wildcats just arent what they used to be this year.

Reply #890226 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

I was promised goat blowing proof??

Reply #890230 | Report this post

JB  
Two years ago

Regarding the use of overall points percentage instead of head to head, in this instance that makes no difference. Perth is well ahead on the overall percentage, and also won twice vs Tassie (who beat the Wildcats only once). Tassie did play Perth in Tassie only once, but over the 3 games Perth has a point differential of +27 points.

Reply #890231 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Just home from the game, yep Melbourne didn't play White, Barlow and Delly still an impressive game and year from the JJ's

Reply #890233 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

Scott Roth looks to be headed back to the States after this season to take up a coaching gig. Big, big loss to the JJ's.

Reply #890239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754