HighIQ
Two years ago

MVP as we thought

Welp guess Adams is that guy

Topic #50006 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Two years ago

I would've given it to Cotton but the MVP process seems all kind a stuffed up so I don't really care.

I am happy that Roth won COTY.

Reply #890732 | Report this post

HighIQ  
Two years ago

Many said Bryce but I saw what Adams did to him and as I said in all the threads Adams MVP easy choice. Coach of the year was correct but Delly 2nd team all NBL that was the only real iffy choice for me 6-man could have went either way thought Cooks was 1st team Cleveland 2nd but that's ok too but Delly 2nd that was interesting to say the least.

Reply #890741 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Take as many as you need.

Reply #890742 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Cotton didn't really change the 2-7 home run the cats had. His efficiency in the late season was quite poor and that last game took way too many shots for his 28 points(9 of 25) which was symptomatic of his poor end to the season. If the run was 7-2 might have been a different story.

He will likely need a much stronger team around him to get back to MVP status next year. (and get to the finals!)

I hope in the off season he maybe builds some new tools in his game such as an NBA three point shot like Adams/Harvey have been able to show in game. (scoring from the Kmart logo..)

Reply #890760 | Report this post

D2.0  
Two years ago

I would've given it to Cotton but the MVP process seems all kind a stuffed up so I don't really care.

I am certainly not surprised Adams won, but I still disagree with it.

And I agree, this is the problem with the new format.
Adams missed the first 20% of the season, and got off to a very slow start when he did arrive.

But I'm not grumbling (much). I can recall a previous season where Cotton had a rough patch that would probably have cost him under a weekly system.

Reply #890882 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

If Vickerman gave JLA more minutes, he probably wins MVP

He only averaged 25.6mpg compared to Cotton 35.2 and Adams 31.6

Similar to Jock Landale last year.

Landale was the true MVP which he proved in the playoffs. Hopefully JLA can show us the same!

Reply #890891 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yeah Landale's contributions shat all over Cotton's in the finals last season, proving that the MVP award was a joke.

Reply #890892 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Never said it was a joke- I would've given it to Cotton

Just saying, If Landales coach had given him as many minutes as Cotton, Landale would've had an even bigger influence and likely would've won the MVP

It was disappointing that Cotton missed the playoffs, so of course it's an unfair comparison. but as it stands, I don't think any reasonable NBL fan is in any doubt about who was the most influential player in the NBL across the totality of the season last year

Reply #890895 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

And we all know what happens in the playoffs is most important too

Reply #890896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754