Reader
Two years ago

Goulding to miss game 3

Injured his calf in the warm up.

Topic #50028 | Report this topic

JMS  
Two years ago

Congratulations to the JackJumpers. Great performance, pure team effort. Adams had a huge game. McVeigh really stepped up, amazing that he can go head to head with JLA / White and comprehensively beat both.

As for United, horrible performance. Ultimately the very poor team structure came back to burn them. No outside shooting outside of Goulding. I've never seen so many air balls. Jack White, great hustle but wow he is a poor shot. When you are relying on Ili as you main scorer you are in trouble. The Agada pickup was a terrible move. Can’t shoot, undersized and poor decision maker. Time for a major overhaul for United I feel.

Reply #891130 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Strange I heard the rumour long before warm up.

Reply #891146 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Thanks for letting us know.

Reply #891150 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Strange Barlow didn't play more minutes as well as Newley.

Reply #891173 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Newley especially, for his keeping cool under pressure and his outside shooting

Reply #891185 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

""We had some idea at shoot around today that he (Goulding) was not going to be available," Vickerman said." Why would I let you know?

Reply #891197 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

That wasn't 100% official confirmation though.

Nothing has changed over twenty years - you still act like you have inside information and then backtrack when called out.

Reply #891227 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Who said it needed to be official confirmation besides you? Plenty of people knew already it wasn't a state secret. Messages were coming in from people that were already there and already knew. Move on.

Reply #891264 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Tweaked it in game two, knew he was a chance to miss, tried to warm up to see if he could get through, couldn't and withdrew.

Reply #891271 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Tweaked it in game two, knew he was a chance to miss, tried to warm up to see if he could get through, couldn't and withdrew.

Exactly, it still hinged on the pre-game warmup.

It's just annoying when one ex-waterboy still tries to act like he's an insider after all these years.

Reply #891283 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Gaze said on the broadcast that he'd heard hours prior that Goulding was out. Sounds like it "hinged on the pre-game warmup" only in the sense that they were hoping against hope he'd get through it, without ever considering it likely.

Reply #891285 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Yes absolutely, since it was a do-or-die playoff game.

Reply #891286 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Gaze said on the broadcast that he'd heard hours prior that Goulding was out."

He actually said he heard it was a chance he was out. I guess they were hoping it would be ok for him to play a few possessions here and there, as that could have made the difference in what was ultimately a 3-point game.

Reply #891288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754