Zodiac
Two years ago

NBL players invited to NBA Draft Combine

Ousmane Dieng and Hugo Besson have been formally invited to take part in the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago next week. 76 players have been invited including Dyson Daniels.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/05/11/check-out-full-list-of-76-players-invited-to-nba-draft-combine/

Topic #50068 | Report this topic

Daly  
Two years ago

I believe Kai Sotto was also invited to the NBA Combine but declined the invitation.

He is in the process of selected which of the 12 NBA teams he will work out with.

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2022/05/09/nbl-kai-sotto-nba-draft-workouts/

Reply #892049 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Maker from the kings is a much better prospect than Soto. Lot good bigs in the draft this season, smart to wait till next.

Reply #892055 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

Travers moved up to 87th in the ESPN rankings after the Elite Combine.

Reply #892308 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

What was Travers ranked at before?

I just had a look at the Top 100 list and couldn't find Kai Sotto's name anywhere. This has to be some sort of mistake.

Reply #892311 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Good pickup, Daly. Hard to take any such list seriously.

Reply #892314 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Kai Sotto should spend one more season with the Sixers. His growth is high but needs more development. Be great if Kai could compete in the nbl for another season.

Reply #892316 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

Kai is obviously NBA ready, there is 12 NBA teams interested enough in him to give him a workout.

Kai is basically the Filipino version of Giannis.

Reply #892328 | Report this post

Stevy  
Two years ago

@Daly

Let me guess, your Kaiju from Interbasket or Niko Milkovic on Twitter, right or am I wrong? If I am wrong, I apologize. The point still stands, however.

You should really stop trolling, especially in a forum without the diehard Kai stans. What do you possibly accomplish by inciting people in this forum?

Reply #892337 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

@stevy

I don't know what your talking about mate.

Reply #892340 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2022/05/09/nbl-kai-sotto-nba-draft-workouts/

Kai has 12 NBA team workouts lined up. I would say these workouts are more important than the NBA combine.

Reply #892341 | Report this post

Captain88  
Two years ago

Sotto isn't projected to get drafted on any mocks and you'd be lucky to find him in the top 100 prospects.

The only reason he has workouts is because he's not from America and hasn't got the coverage or played against the competition that the rest of the potential draftees have.

Reply #892344 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

I hope it's not for the eyeball factor like it was for the NBL, to bring in more foreign viewers from basketball-nuts Philippines

Reply #892367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754