Manu Fieldel
Two years ago

Josh Adams to Bullets

You heard it here first, Josh Adams to the Bullets a formality. Will be announced soon.

Should've gone with a point guard...

Topic #50201 | Report this topic

Toddy  
Two years ago

This bloke was on fire during the finals series, that's for sure.

Reply #894488 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

Sen Tassie are reporting united ?

Reply #894490 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Will Manu's secret sauce be all sizzle or fizzle?

Reply #894496 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Great pick-up with Sobey and Adams having that chemistry and Cadee a very good bench guard.

Reply #894497 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Adams is exciting to watch but his a very ball dominant player he needs to have it a lot to be effective it worked in Tasmania because he was playing with a pass first point guard in maggette think his numbers will drop of significantly at Brisbane or United

Reply #894505 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Can't be true. Too expensive for Brisbane.

Kev White is in town though ....

Reply #894506 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

They must be paying a zillion $$ to leave the culture club to go to the basket case club. If true, such a dumb move and his career will be over in 5 and selling second hand cars back in the US

Reply #894508 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

kev white retired - lachy reid

Reply #894510 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Rumour is that he came back to jack jumpers at last minute couple days wanting to negotiate again but they already had the dalton signed

Reply #894511 | Report this post

rjd  
Two years ago

I agree Baller, Tassie worked so well for him because he is ball dominant, surrounded by a pass first pg and other role players.

Reply #894513 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Did Adams get overconfident and over play his hand? To be honest, he did have some good games, but I didn't write him that highly overall. In hindsight, the comments that the situation at Tasmania was helpful definitely makes sense. I don’t know if he can replicate that elsewhere. Should be taking dollars in Asia. Might get found out in his second season.

Reply #894520 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Adams is exciting to watch but his a very ball dominant player he needs to have it a lot to be effective it worked in Tasmania"

Nah, he worked very well within a system in Tassie once they sorted their offence out. He knew where his shots were coming from and executed well.

No one in the Tassie offence was able to sit on the ball, it kept moving, that's why they became a better offensive team as the season wore on.

Reply #894522 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Adams would be a good fit in Melbourne. Melbourne was lacking a go to scorer during crunch time.

JackJumpers signed Dalton too early, it's their loss now.

Reply #894524 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

From what I hear united are in the box seat not Brisbane

Reply #894527 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I was in the Members zoom for United. Dean Vickerman said they are looking for an import who is good at crunch time. It must be Josh Adams because that's what Adams did to United in game 3.

Reply #894528 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

United will sign atleast 2 import scorers Adams will obviously be one of those

Reply #894530 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

@nbl tigers what did membership lady say in that zoom are they bringing back normal membership instead of digital?

Reply #894533 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

NBL Tigers - that is a judgement call on your behalf re Doyle (not sure who Dalto is - a Next Start still to be announced) and Adams.

As a JJs supporter really enjoyed having Josh Adams here (especially that dagger against MU!) but he was not consistent and it comes down to what you are prepared to pay. I have faith in the recruiting of the Jackjumpers; although we will not know until we have seen Doyle.

Milton Doyle has played successfully in some good leagues (not many knock down 40 in the G league) confident he will go ok

Reply #894539 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

I'd be very surprised if United signed Josh Adams. In my opinion he’s a genuine ball dominant shooting guard. They already have one of those in Goulding. Adams at 6"2 just can’t play the 3, Goulding can for small periods but doesn’t have the physicality defensively against some of bigger small forwards in the league.

Reply #894557 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I meant Doyle not Dalton, got the surnames mixed!

JackJumpers will be no easy beats. They have their local core, plus Magette who was good getting other players involved. Still have to give credit to Adams and McIntosh though. Hope both of them get picked up by other NBL teams.

@Kp the membership team are working on it, but there was no guarantees. You would think they would give members options for NBL23.

I would rather have my barcode membership back rather then messing with my phone.

Reply #894562 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yep credit to Adams who made some great plays and fell in love with the game again while with the JJs totally respect his ability to now get more coin elsewhere.

Really liked McIntosh as well, played hard and improved throughout the season.

Expect Adams will get picked up somewhere and maybe at an NBL club not sure about McIntosh. Think that both new imports are an upgrade.

The JJs also have ticketing through phones and I end up getting the kids to sort it , annoys the bejesus out of me.

Reply #894567 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

@Scout, I was lucky enough to go to 2 games in Tasmania when United played. I still scratch my head why the nbl/tas-Goverment didn't focus on making the DEC’s capacity to at least 6,000 or even 7,000 which would of better for members and the public.

At least the Tassie government know the interest is off the roof and they can plan on a bigger stadium in the next couple of seasons. Different feel then a Gold Coast Blaze game or clubs with bigger stadiums which don’t fill their capacity.

Reply #894569 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

I would much prefer 4800 and sold out every week than 7000 and in a season where they don't perform so well being half full. Year one was exceptional, huge interest and unexpected success. Year three will probably give a better read on the level of consistent support.

Reply #894571 | Report this post

MontyBurns  
Two years ago

Guys,
surely Brisbane wouldn't put a ball dominant two guard with a ball dominant two guard?
Surely they go summer league and look for a genuine pg. There’s plenty of gems out there ... and despite all the negative talk - Brisbane is an attractive destination and club. Gigantic pull with ownership. Mackinnon is impressive. (Got prime LP/law/franks) A few moves and they’re back.

Reply #894573 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Patterson was recruited from the lowly second-tier league in China and Law & Franks both came from the Magic which suggests a connection there.

Brisbane as a city might be somewhat of an attraction as a city but the Bullets as a club certainly aren't, it's been obvious for a few years now they're more concerned with keeping costs as low as possible.

Reply #894577 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

@Anonymightymouse Agree with you there. Better to have the place sold out every week with strong demand rather than a half empty stadium which would be more empty on a losing streak and have a flat atmosphere. The place was rocking week after week. If only you could bottle it.

Reply #894604 | Report this post

Ratty Mussell  
Two years ago

Didnt Sobey and Adams play together at Wyoming ?

Reply #894627 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

@Ratty Mussell

Yes, they did

Reply #894629 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Manu's mail has been shot down today, with Bullets GM Sam MacKinnon's announcement that the club is searching for an import point guard to accompany star Nathan Sobey in the backcourt for season 2021/22.

The announcement comes as a surprise to Fieldel, who had rock solid mail from a mate's mate's mate's mate.

Fieldel has gone underground and will resurface upon the announcement of Brisbane's import floor general.

Reply #894904 | Report this post

The Bratt  
Two years ago

Mate you did get good mail just Adams got a massive deal over seas so the bullets had to go in a different direction probably the better choice anyway

Reply #894905 | Report this post

The Bratt  
Two years ago

The one I hope we get is baynes he did buy a massive house in Brisbane so fingers are crossed

Reply #894906 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The Santamaria show thing today mentioned in passing 'talk of Aron Baynes'at Brisbane. they didnt delve any deeper but makes me think theres smoke and fire

Reply #894910 | Report this post

The Bratt  
Two years ago

Fingers crossed

Reply #894918 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Jaylen Adams, now that Josh Adams no longer avail. Even over Josh Adams, perhaps.

Reply #895131 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Jaylen ticks every box for the Bullets.

Reply #895132 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

why isn't josh adams available

Reply #895133 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

@RobT - That would be heaven for us Bullets fans.

Last season's MVP would do nicely next to Sobey.

But all just wishful thinking :(

Reply #895136 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

Lol more fake news

Reply #896741 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

He's off to Slovenia.

Reply #896749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754