AngusH
Two years ago

Hawks sign import PG Justin Robinson

Interesting decision. Bounced around the NBA a little, but surprised they went with a PG with Harvey, who really needs the ball in his hands to be effective IMO.

Topic #50345 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

ILLAWARRA

PG: Robinson* | Mudronja | Dent-dp

SG: Harvey* | Swaka Lo Buluk

SF: King* | Grida

PF: Froling | Deng 

C: Mathiang | Gak

Expecting an srp + ns

Reply #897383 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

They much prefer Harvey as a SG so he can focus on what he does best. As Perth have shown with Cotton, you can still get the ball in your SGs hands a lot!

Reply #897384 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Weedy Slug i feel like a next star is going to be hard to get as of late as most are committed and the draft and stash ones keep looking unlikely. But the team should go after Fanbo Zheng

Reply #897386 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Strong 5.

Bench is absolutely terrible though, can't deny...

Reply #897388 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

LoBuluk will start in the three and King in the four. It's going to need a lot things go right for this team to be a winner, starting at the four, five spot.

Reply #897389 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Looks like a decent signing. Averaged 11 minutes on the Bucks team in 17 games.

Hawks have rebounded well. When in doubt, just sign three quality imports. Simple. Adelaide finally learnt that also.

Reply #897393 | Report this post

Pinch  
Two years ago

King will be a 4 for the Hawks with Froling 5

Reply #897395 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

He's probably my MVP favourite. Hinges on Harvey, but if they can gel, then yeah Robinson is the one

Reply #897396 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Oh, not the little dude who plays in Germany. Never mind. This guy is still all right

Reply #897398 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Actually think the Hawks have a very solid team - they're going to surprise some people.

Robinson has legit NBA experience.

Reply #897400 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"When in doubt, just sign three quality imports."

When you miss out on most of the best local talent, spend your money on three quality imports.

Reply #897401 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

The import crop this year seems high quality overall

Reply #897402 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Agree with King at the 4, he shouldn't have problems playing that position down here. Bench is scary shallow... Grida I think will shine and Deng has his moments, but this is a team that is going to struggle to absorb an injury.

Hawks know more than me, but not sold on Harvey off the ball... He's a better scorer off the dribble than a spot up guy, and I think he doesn't give you a ton outside of scoring, so having a ball dominant guy next to him feels like a weird fit to me. If Justin Robinson is a gun maybe it doesn't matter.

Reply #897411 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Harvey won't be off the ball. Just because he's playing SG doesn't mean he'll be spotting up.

Reply #897415 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

I'm hoping Hawks sign Cam Bairstow as there final roster spot. I get it he's injury prone but up until he got injured last season with Adelaide Bairstow was very good.

Reply #897458 | Report this post

Fairsy  
Two years ago

Yeah I agree with that.

Reply #897462 | Report this post

Pinch  
Two years ago

Cam Bairstow should be paid per game not per year. The dude can't last a full year and keeps making top dollar for what could be instead of what is....

Reply #897484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754