Dunkman
Two years ago

Preseason starts tonight 2022

I'm actually looking forward to a bit basketball, SEM v Sixers first up. Creek and Broekhoff out. Sixers to have a good hit out and win this.

Topic #50428 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

This Kayo broadcast is leaving a bit to be desired no live scores thankfully just switched on crowd noise.

Reply #898827 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes coverage very average, Hooley talking to much.
Sotto has put some muscle on.
Adnam still hasn't seen a shot he doesn’t like.

Reply #898828 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The commentators don't even know the scores at QT lol

Reply #898829 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Scoreboard display issues and NBL broadcasts, name a more iconic duo

Reply #898830 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

1/4 time and who knows the score, very ordinary.

Reply #898831 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

First quarter stream worked fine now second quarter and it's stuck in a buffering loop.

Reply #898832 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

And now the stream's gone altogether, this is really bad from Kayo.

Reply #898833 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

This is pathetic.

Reply #898834 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

maybe the commentators could mention the score a bit more?

Reply #898835 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Video quality is fine for me but I have no idea what the score is

Reply #898838 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm not certain the commentary no the score, ordinary all round, including the game. Sixers certainly got lot more quality roster, SEM got injuries but even though it’s early don’t look great. If Adnam and Terangi have to play big minutes they are finished.

Reply #898839 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

I had no idea Matthew knight was Adelaide's assistant coach

Reply #898840 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Scoreboard!

Alan Williams not his sharpest tonight but he gives the Phoenix something they've really lacked down low. Qi had his moments but too inconsistent and slow on D

Reply #898841 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Williams has been ordinary imo. Defensively poor and can't make a shot. Don’t seem that smart either.

Reply #898842 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Williams' touch is off tonight but I don't expect that to last, he's clearly playing off rust.

Sotto showing some things.

Reply #898843 | Report this post

Reggie  
Two years ago

Can we go back to the audio issues so we don't have to listen to the soundtrack

Reply #898844 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cleveland might not be the season mvp, but could be the buy of the season, fantastic all round game, unselfish and plays defence.
Madut shown a bit for Phoenix. Adnam 4 from 13, 4 turnovers just before 3/4 time.

Reply #898845 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Nice little fight back from SEM in last quarter. Ok game, Brown could be very good when Creek gets back, certainly a good passer. Sixers run very deep, maybe spoilt with to many guys that need the ball. CJ looks like he's got them well organised, some really nice passing plays.

Reply #898847 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Yep happy with this outing. At worst you can say we are way more competitive than last year. We should be in every game regardless who we play.

Reply #898848 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Randle is an atrocity as a shooter

Reply #898850 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Didn't Adelaide win the blitz last year?

Reply #898852 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Randle needs to be aggressive at getting the half court set moving. In the first game of the blitz, it's not good for the crowd calling out to pass the ball.
Sotto appears not able to create his own basketball and his screens need some serious grit. He looks rather checked out, in a Naomi Osaka kinda way. I just wish the Filipino supporters give him time when he enters the floor to make some nice plays. They tend to get too hyped when the ball may come to the guy, it’s just unrealistic expectations. If it goes wrong, he must feel even worse. But I agree, he has a few extra kilos of muscle there and defensively hustled well.
Nick Marshall had his flare gun out in a huge statement saying "Coach, I want all the spare minutes please’. Excellent hustle plays and won the basketball from hard work on ball and off ball.
Te Rangi and Daniel Johnson should get together and take Michael Aylen on a fishing charter or something. Poor buggers copped too many over tacky fouls.
I’m calling it early, however Gary Browne to win the Vaughan Mayberry flop award by seasons end.

Reply #898853 | Report this post

Maybe  
Two years ago

No problems with the Kayo stream at all tonight , let's hope the scoreboard issues get resolved quickly .

Reply #898855 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Re: Sixers

I'm not really liking what I'm seeing from Randall he's way too trigger happy and doesn't have the shooting ability to back it up. I know he had some big games in the G-League but that's jungle ball crap and if he keeps being such an inefficient chucker on this team CJ will either need to bench him or move him.

No matter what Randall thinks of himself he's our third best import and needs to pull his head in. When we signed him I was hoping he was going to be a spark plug off of the bench for this very reason.

Franks is clearly still hampered by the ankle injury but at least he played a few minutes, McCarron is already looking a lot better than he did last season, Harris is going be a valuable role player again, Galloway has got some nice hops, Marshall is progressing nicely for when he comes onto the roster next season and Deng Acuoth still shouldn't be in the league.

Re: Phoenix

Hooley and the other guy were banging on about how good they think the Phoenix will be but as I said earlier I think it will be a long season for them. Despite their desperate attempts to pump them up they've gone backwards and it will likely be too much for Creek carrying this team. Trey Kell might be okay but Alan Williams is fat and out of shape and teams will just hack him and send him to the line and Gary Browne might be a contender for first import cut, no way he sees out the season.

Broekhoff injured again but what's new and the team thought so little of the coach they only gave him a one year deal and all their assistants bailed in the off-season. They'll probably need to make a couple of import changes early to have any hope of making the Top 6.

Reply #898856 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Blitz started tonight, not the pre-season.

Reply #898857 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Alan Williams did ok for a new import to our league trying to adjust. Foul trouble for 4 spot and 5 spot imports is normal during the Blitz. He is a big unit and a hand full. Next to Mitch Creek, they will be a hand full to deal with.

Owen Foxwell is a good find. 2-3 months of Creek supporting him in the gym will help his body get to where his head is. Natural gifted ball knowledge. Young fella is in all the right spots, just lacks 8kg to keep himself there.

Reply #898858 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I wouldn't say he's a big unit, that's their problem they're too undersized.

Reply #898859 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very early days, but yes SEM looked small and not very good. Same could be said of Tasmania last season and we saw how that played out.

Reply #898862 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

We still hating on Mac

Reply #898863 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Southeast Melbourne lack depth compared to the last two years. Relying on import upgrade

Reply #898865 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

13-12 to kings, neither side can kick it in the ocean, commentary telling me Noi is a star, at present I don't see it. Jordan Hunter looking ok.

Reply #898878 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs as per usual,complete and complete.

Reply #898879 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

35-34 kings. Lot rust to both sides, early days, JJs get Magnay back they should be fine. Kings don't look as strong but still very good. Both sides subbing at a high rate. Crowd still full in a small stadium.

Reply #898880 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

46-48 to JJs. JJs team work already looks good, Kenyon doing but still can't shoot. Kings got deep roster again.

Reply #898881 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs turning up the D, kings lethargic.

Reply #898882 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Coock sis not going to win mvp. It's going to be cotton again

Reply #898883 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

73-53 win to JJs. Kings got talent but team work well down, started same way last season. JJs in rhythm already. McVeigh doesn't have to prance around like a tosser anymore as he has turned into a very good player, just gets it done.

Bring on the next game::)))

Reply #898884 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Pre season - do not take a lot out of it.

Am impressed with the imports - recruited according to Jackjumper basketball - team first along with talent. Impressive to have that a way of playing / culture after one season.

Very happy with Doyle and Kelly as imports, along with White and Brown as additions with McDaniel and Magnay still in reserve.

Culture.

Reply #898885 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Preseason yadda yadda Kings are a dim shadow of last season without the adams and clark combo. Waxed

Reply #898886 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I'd be surprised if we see Magnay at all this season tbh.

Think Roth said on a pod with Santa that there was no timetable for Magnay's return and that his knee was still giving him trouble.

Reply #898887 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

At all the games
Chase deciding not to coach is bizarre
He is just sitting at the end of the court and occasionally sending time out signals but it's not his voice putting the team back on track on his game plan.
Jack McVeigh still a handful.

Reply #898888 | Report this post

Renzin  
Two years ago

Scott Roth's culture/character first recruitment looking solid. Good upgrade from Macintosh to Kelly, and Doyle showing moments of brilliance. Big shoe to fill replacing Josh Adams and time will tell, but these guys seem like they're a great fit for the team first culture that carried them beyond individual talent last season, even the injury replacement guys seem to have bought in.

Pity about the questionable production quality. The team photos have been taken, seems pretty slack to not spend an hour adding the player photos to the overlay. Let's hope they get it together before the season.

Reply #898889 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Luke travers has really improved

Reply #898890 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

And cotton is still the best player in the league

Reply #898891 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Are we ready to admit that Webster is finished, and nothing but a liability out there?

Reply #898892 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cotton stays healthy, yes mvp. Liked the look of Hayes Brown. Cairns trail by two, look better, Pinder looking good.

Reply #898893 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not lot D being played.

Reply #898894 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Travers has improved and grown.

Wildcats getting bad calls but Rillie has to handle it better

Reply #898895 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cotton 33 at 3/4 time. Blanchfield looking crap, Webster as well.

Reply #898896 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Travers without ScoMo is better. Shocked to be sitting here.

Reply #898897 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

You can tell the cavs have taught travers in the summer league to use length and anticipation on defensive end

Reply #898898 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Wait till gets his citizenship and Perth gets another import. It's just insanely unfair for the rest of the league

Reply #898899 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Odd timeout bbbhh by rillie

Reply #898900 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

I reckon the real improvement with Travers occurred when he was living with and working out with Dyson Daniels in LA after last season prior to the draft.

Rillie intense as a coach on the sidelines. Someone said here in Darwin that the current Perth management are 'very demanding' on their coaches which has resulted in their coaches being a bit out of character, ie super tight and intense on the sidelines.

Reply #898901 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Rillie certainly hasn't been on the junk food in his time in the US.

On the other side of the coin Drugen the Cairns assistant looks like he’s enjoying the local hospitality.

Reply #898902 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Rillie certainly hasn't been on the junk food in his time in the US.

Maybe he was but it's his body type - he has always been super lean, - that's why they call him Skeletor.

Reply #898903 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Fun game. Cotton doing cCotton things, and Pinder ate Manek alive.

Reply #898904 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"You can tell the cavs have taught travers in the summer league to use length and anticipation on defensive end"

They drafted him because he had that.

Reply #898905 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Will be good to see Brantley tear it up today. The import who will be one of the first to go home because he's terribly terrible and not an MVP candidate.

Reply #898906 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

Manu

Will Jarrell Brantley tear it up?
Or will Breakers tear up his contract?

Reply #898907 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I think Manu has decided to switch it up a little from a team to player train. Choo-choo!

Reply #898908 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Buzzas and Brantley. Everything I ever wanted right here

Reply #898909 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Breakers by 10 at 1/4 time, looking good. Baynes playing, looks slow. Sobey off bench.

Reply #898910 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Baynes certainly looking tough inside, three points shot not dropping yet.

Reply #898911 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Gak playing very good team basketball, assists and boards.

Reply #898912 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

I am sitting on the baseline meters away from Aaron Baynes and his footwork is pretty fast and slick for someone of his weight. Just no conditioning yet.
And his voice on defence is loud. Really loud.

Reply #898913 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Game turned around, Brisbane by six at the half. All Brisbane bigs doing well, Baynes, Gak and Froling. Johnson strutting his stuff as well.
NZ got get tougher defensively.

Reply #898914 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

@ Ballin fan, I'm envious of you, enjoy.

Reply #898915 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Baynes constantly talking to Gak. Gak cannot stop smiling. Chemistry very evident.

Reply #898916 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Baynes has done everything, including wiping the floor. Brisbane look fantastic at both ends after slow Stuart. Playing very good team ball.

Abercrombie only played less than a minute. Hopefully not injured again.

Reply #898917 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Entertaining game, bullets by nie at 3/4 time. Gak impressive.

Reply #898918 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

I had Brisbane as a dark horse for the championship but if they click they are right up there with Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne as a legitimated title chance

Reply #898919 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bullets by 12, Brisbane played there bench and dp for last five minutes. NZ got lot work to do, at least they will have home games. Baynes, Gak and Johnson looking great but all Brisbane were good. NZ defensively are crap, Brantley looks like a street baller.

Reply #898920 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Flowers is not big enough to cover the post/paint by himself in this league.
Mind you Rillie looks to be trying something similar

Reply #898921 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Two years ago

Haven't watched any of the games but keen to know what the crowds are like. I'd say this is a bit of a feeler to gauge viability of a Darwin NBL team.

They don't seem to be playing at the Convention centre which is a shame because it's a great little precincts (much like the Hobart Jackjumpers model)

Reply #898922 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No Goulding or illi for United. United got some old guys.

Reply #898923 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hawks by 9, Melbourne looking very ordinary.

Reply #898924 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Goulding better be in career best form because this Melbourne team is not very good

Reply #898925 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Darwin convention centre is not built for basketball. Actually went out of their way to make sure it didn't comply.

Reply #898926 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hukiporti plus 7, Humphries minus 14. Early days.

Reply #898927 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

United playing dumb selfish basketball. Down by 19 at 3/4.

Reply #898928 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Hukporti should be seeing the lion's share of minutes until/if Humphries gets the rust off at a minimum.

Reply #898929 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Humphries started, shakes head, looked uninterested. Melbourne got a lots to do. Hawks got a good 7-8 players, play those two import guards 35 minutes a game and they should be mid tableish.

Reply #898930 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

United were never going to be a serious threat with this roster and I still can't believe Vickerman okayed the signing of Humphries. They need Landale or JLA to fall out of their leagues and come back to give them a real chance.

Reply #898932 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Darwin convention centre is not built for basketball. Actually went out of their way to make sure it didn't comply.

How so?

Reply #898934 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Hawks are only missing King, yes?

Plus Grida who'll be out 10-12 weeks and replaced by White

Reply #898935 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

XRM was horrible, 0 from 6 and 2 assists, 5 turnovers and his first couple were Aireys

Keep that up and he's gone

Tucker has played 3 and scored 20+ in each. Can flat out get buckets. Will certainly be one of the leagues leading scorers

Reply #898936 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Hukporti was huge.

If that's a sign of improvement he's made in the off season (He's only 20) it bodes very very well for United.

Reply #898938 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Finished game, not surprised at result with CG and Ili out

Pre season is mostly about sussing out new players and young players and working out how the team will fit.

Hawks, I liked some of Frolings stuff, last season was disappointing, if he can continue the trajectory I thought he was on after 20/21 they might surprise

Reply #898939 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Froling was very good in his role early last season, but did drop away later in the season. He and Mathiang both need good seasons this year.

Reply #898940 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Amazing to see Baynes out there. He brings something very unique to the Bullets and will likely be the most influential big man in the league. Best inside deterrent since Bogut. Impossible to get around him. If he can get fit he squarely puts himself back in Boomers conversations with a good season here.

Reply #898956 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He's timed his NBL stint well too with the exodus of quality bigs since last season, JLA, Duop Reath, Jarell Martin, Yanni Wetzell, Zhou Qi even the likes of Makur Maker, Bairstow, Hodgson, Jawai and Ogilvy too.

Reply #898957 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Pretty awesome for the next crop of NBL bigs coming through to have the opportunity to go up against and learn from someone of Baynes experience and quality.

Reply #898959 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It was impressive, he gets to much better and the bullets fire that is mvp calibre .

Reply #898963 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Even if he doesn't they may give him the Bogut treatment and give him the MVP regardless.

Reply #898968 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Baynes is a legit man mountain out there

A few of the newbies are only 6'8 Thomas, Williams, Pardon

United's 2 young guys look like they've both shed weight. Sotto still a beanpole.

Baynes will just bully teams. If Johnson can become a scoring machine they will be very very good

Reply #898969 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

This is special watching a performance like this from Antonius Cleveland.

Reply #898971 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers the real deal, there going to be entertaining and efficient. Tasmania need Magnay back quickly, to short, will play finals though.

Reply #898972 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Jesus 19 points with 2:30 left in the first.

Reply #898973 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sotto has got heavier but still lacks core strength. Moving better and improved but I don't see big minutes yet.

Reply #898975 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Randall starting to hit nothing but cotton.

Reply #898976 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Adelaide looking good

McCarrons in his perfect spot this season. Scoring talent around him, so he can focus on distributing and all the little things.

Reply #898977 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Acouth not as good as Sotto either.

Reply #898978 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers got all bases covered, CJ seems to in full control, three good to great imports and good Aussie core around them.
JJs not in the same class but still very team oriented, should play finals. Not convinced on Doyle or Kelly as imports yet, early days. Hopefully Magnay is not to far away.
Good all round game, entertaining if not that physical.

Reply #898980 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Adelaide look good - stacked.

Reply #898981 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

36ers get the win but lost the second quarter
Glass security still An issue although JJs are always surprisingly wrong on the boards.

Reply #898982 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

You gotta admire Kia.
He just got Smashed on the court he knows it you can see it in his face and now he is doing a meet and greet and there is a massive line up for him. The line goes forever.
he had to take a break for a while ( toilet or fluid intake or just a bit overwhelmed ) but he is back now.
He is doing all the right PR things by the league but you can tell he is desperate to play better

Reply #898983 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Great we got something to watch other than a funeral.

Wildcats looking far better than last season.

Reply #898984 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM can't chuck it in the ocean, looking so disjointed.

Reply #898985 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Cats are deep this season

Reply #898986 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brown should be ok as import, Williams looks so unfit, Creek and Broekhoff should strengthen SEM but but on present showing will be back end of comp.

Reply #898987 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

RACV Arena...haa haa

Reply #898988 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Zunic looking like a nice prospect

Reply #898989 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Phoenix also missing Kel

Wildcats have made the right defensive adjustments form the last game

Reply #898990 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Webster was good. Manek was better. Travers was ok.Zunic was a revelation

Reply #898991 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes Zunic is looking very solid, could take over from Norton by seasons end. Cats back in the grove, not writing SEM off yet but lot work to do.

Reply #898992 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Who was on play-by-play for the Wildcats game?

Reply #898993 | Report this post

Boydie_bballblokes  
Two years ago

@koberulz
It was Joey Montagna, former AFL player.
Guess they giving him a crack as he has been doing the AFLW and AFL a little over last couple years and cant hurt to have a couple extra on the rotation.
I thought he did well, although as a St Kilda supporter I am biased! haha

Boydie
www.basketballblokes.com

Reply #898996 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

Most likely Cleveland the best 36ers player for several years now.

Reply #899000 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Let's not get carried away with one meaningless pre-season pyjama game where he was unconscious for 4 mins.

Reply #899001 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Cats are extremely deep. I hope Rillie runs Travers at the point and let's Norton come off the bench.

Reply #899002 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

I dont pay too much attention to pre season or the Blitz stuff... but turned on the Cats v Phoenix game last night. The refs must have called about 10 travel calls over the course of the game. From watching at home 80% of them looked fine? Have I been watching too much NBA or did others find it weird?

Reply #899003 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

All I know about travelling is that I'll be travelling to Adelaide next year to see if the Cats can overcome the 36ers in the grand final. Obviously it's way too early to engrave the trophy just yet I mean come on. If it was a foregone conclusion I wouldn't bother heading over, duh! But the sixers' home court advantage does give them the advantage of course.

Reply #899004 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

@Big Fudge - I was the same, most looked good apart from Hayes-Brown during junk time with some obvious ones. It was almost like the players were too fast for the refs.
I think by the end the commentators said there was 14 called!

Reply #899005 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Wow Luuuc I've always wanted a 36ers-Wildcats Grand Final. I hope you're a real oracle.

Reply #899006 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

*another 36ers-Wildcats Grand Final

Reply #899007 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I thought you could tell the future not the past.

Reply #899008 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I want five games and the last one not to be a total massacre.

Reply #899010 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Both sides got pinged for travel when pivot foot never moved. They never went anywhere and certainly didn't beat their opponent.
The 3 last night called 3 seconds a few times, multiple travel and a tech basket abuse when he appeared to be avoiding a player on the floor. Coaches got T’d up for 'FOUL’, in which it resembled a Subway mugging more than a foul, but a clear missed call.

Too many of these refs make no call or no verbal preventative measures to address. If you don’t call, it rarely gets picked up on their post game crit. Wrong calls do.

Reply #899011 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Agree with all, the travels are bull shit, they call some absolute crap. To me it spoils the game. Call fouls when they are there but let the game flow, to many stoppages.

Reply #899012 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Kev you do know the NBL post game evaluations have evolved from a referee coach going in post game and talking about the calls live don't you?

Reply #899013 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Four minutes gone to the first nz time out, they look absolute rubbish.

Reply #899020 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Mudronja, never seen a pass he likes and never seen a shot he doesn't like.

Reply #899021 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Derick Pardon can't make a lay up, there only player is the next star. There defence is woeful. NZ coach coach be first one gone.

Reply #899022 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Vodanavic giving nz a startch, Pardon not big enough for the five.

Reply #899024 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Well Brantley is subpar isn't he

Reply #899025 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Much better quarter from nz, vadonavic and Rupert bringing them back into it. Not impressed with breakers imports. Illawarra got a good 6-7 but once they go deeper the defensive end suffers badly.

Reply #899026 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Breakers back in it by playing none of their imports to start the quarter. Rupert is a gun, far better than Besson. Hawks just not deep enough. Coenrad, White are not going to get it done off the bench. I see no value in Mudronja other than iso ball. There import four had better be good.

Reply #899028 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

This is your regular reminder not to overreact to preseason games.

Reply #899029 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

NZ missed a ton of 3's early and were down a bunch. Shots falling now and they’re up .
Rupert looks to be the goods

Reply #899030 | Report this post

Renzin  
Two years ago

Props to the breakers for muscling their way back into this one.

Shaping up to be a very competitive season overall, love to see it

Reply #899031 | Report this post

Renzin  
Two years ago

Did anyone catch Joey Montagna's offhand comment last night that he'd spoken to Magnay and the timeline to return was 3 months? Starting to really feel like a big liability for this JJ's roster

Reply #899032 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes, us punters should not be fooled by preseason, I agree. Neither of these two sides will trouble the top teams though. Ended up a fair game.

Reply #899033 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I wonder how many times J Brantley will pass to J Brantley for a dunk

Reply #899034 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Is that Damon Lowry commentating with Montagna?

Lowry really is not commentator material geez

Reply #899035 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane go ten deep. Cairns over dribble the ball.

Reply #899040 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Thanks Conner.

Reply #899041 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

I've watched grace from 1994 to the day he retired and I can say Cotton is a better overall scorer Lowry. Cotton is arguably the best cats import/ player ever.

Reply #899042 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Total practice game, Brisbane got some depth though, Cairns will be trouble some, can't see finals though.
Cotton clearly the best and I’ve been watching for decades.

Reply #899043 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Hopefully Lowery in commentary is a pre-season thing only.

Reply #899044 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

It was last year.

Reply #899045 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Should be a couple better games tonight, Lisch coaching kings, certainly a future senior coach in the making.

Reply #899055 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

To the person above who said that Montagna said Magnay is out for three months: this was not said.

Reply #899056 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM got lot injuries, doing ok though.

Reply #899057 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Phoenix by 7@ 1/4. Brown injured. Defensively both sides soft.

Reply #899058 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I've watched every game, I think the refs think they are the entertainment, so many shit foul calls.

Reply #899059 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM four players on four fouls with quarter to play. The refs are looking good. Pineau is an underrated player, defensively when on Cook been very good, he doesn't offer a lot offensively but Phoenix should use him more.

Reply #899060 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Soares looking good for kings, Noi still a defensive liability. Kings on line 30 times with 1/4 to play, SEM 17.

Reply #899061 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The refereeing is so bad.

Reply #899062 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings will be good again, not as good as last season. Bench not as deep. Imports look fine though.

Williams not given much chance as continuously in foul trouble, Brown injured and not convincing. SEM no names doing good, Madut, Foxwell.

Reply #899063 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hukporti looking great, Humphries showing a bit as well. Unless Perth play Hayes- Brown more there not going to compete with teams with big 5.

Reply #899064 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Blanchfield looks unfit, Perth getting smashed

Reply #899066 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Hukporti not in a good way - hope he's okay.

Reply #899067 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

I'd say Achilles and he is done for the season

Reply #899068 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Knee imo, certainly looked bad, hopefully it isn't, was playing great.

Reply #899069 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Man that's terrible - Achilles is what’s being reported on Twitter too.

Hate to look ahead already but what other local bigs couldn’t United look at? What’s Hodgson up to these days?

Reply #899070 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Still no sign of Himporti
Helped/carried from the court moaning very loudly.

Reply #899071 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

What's Hodgson up to these days?

He's signed with a team in Taiwan.

Reply #899072 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Ok he's out now on crutches

Reply #899073 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Perth not looking good, Manek not showing anything, Blanchfield has only ever played well under Gleeson. Travers isn't not point guard, no matter what homicide says.

Reply #899074 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

When he went down he looked around as if to see who kicked him, classic achilles.

Reply #899075 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Perth not looking good, Manek not showing anything, Blanchfield has only ever played well under Gleeson. Travers isn't not point guard, no matter what homicide says.

All true but I'm enjoying the no ScoMo factor right now. I wonder how long that feel will last into the season if we suck.

Reply #899076 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

Those yells from Hukporti in pain and screaming no no no, man thats haunting.
Kinda sounded like he knew that was probably the draft $ millions gone. How depressing

Reply #899077 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

This is catastrophic if that's a major injury to Hukporti

Both to him at this stage of his career, and for United's season

Reply #899078 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Yeah watched replay and it looks achilles. That's brutal. Won't be getting drafted now.

United better hope Humphries knee holds up

Reply #899079 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

That's terrible for Hukporti, I was really looking forward to seeing him make some massive strides after an impressive campaign last season.
Hopefully it doesn't set his career back too much and he can get back on court asap.

Reply #899083 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Its encouraging that White and DJ recovered so well

He could be the next White. United again 23/24 then NBA 24/25.

Reply #899087 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hukporti was looking great already yesterday, yes hopefully he can do a White and Vasilavic and get back, younger than both those two so that's in his favour.

Twelve month lay off, does he rehab in Australia or go back to Germany could be the question.

Reply #899091 | Report this post

Aussie  
Two years ago

Could Fanbo Zeng slide in as a replacement?

Reply #899116 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

McCall coaching Cairns, not certain why.

Reply #899122 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Forde is right there with him so that's completely different to what Sydney we’re doing.
He likely was going to sit out the game ( he has had a couple of bigs talls on his back )

Reply #899123 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I know it's preseason but Cairns are horrible. Hogg looks fairly good and that’s it. Defensively atrocious.
JJs looking the goods but hard to judge re the opposition, said it before, McVeigh is now a player, Roth has been fantastic for him.

Reply #899125 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Cairns are barely putting an NBL1 squad on the floor this game. It's pre-season, they lost to Brisbane by a point last game with again playing with a restricted roster. It's pre-season, get a grip.

Reply #899126 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Enjoying Gibson commentary, not over the top and talking about the game instead of all other bull s. The caller is ok as well.

Reply #899128 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Cairns have shirted Deng, Antonio, Pinder and McCall and now only down by seven
Against JJs who are resting no one

Reply #899129 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Great fight back Cairns. Hogg is a player.

Reply #899130 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Against JJs who are resting no one
Magnay and Steindl are both out.

Reply #899133 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Justin Robinson shirted for Illawarra
Grinda also out injured

Reply #899136 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Good luck beating this 36ers team if franks plays like this with all the weapons they currently have

Reply #899173 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

It is certainly good to see Adelaide win the Blitz for the second year in a row ;-)

Reply #899193 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

I've been thinking, what if Cleveland played, also, last night.....
...36ers tooo strong...

Reply #899197 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

A lot of teams here at the Blitz have been experimenting with small ball options and in that regard Adelaide will be unmatched. Also V Hawks we also had complete control of the boards
But It will be interesting to see our tactics defending Baynes who looks like he will completely totally dominate players like Sotto and Acouth
And there are other new bigs who are largely unknown
It's early days so with Hukporti very very unfortunately going down the comp seems wide open to me at this stage.

Reply #899205 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If WMW and Leafa are your point guards you'll be struggling. Preseason yes, but nz defensively is absolute garbage. Kings haven’t got out second gear and are kicking arse.

Reply #899230 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

NZ coach got no idea, Brantley looking poor on both ends of the floor. Early days but nz got lot to do. Brown looking there best.

Reply #899232 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

I wonder why the NT chose to have their flag inside the stadium upside down for the Blitz. A bit of Territory pride by hanging their flag correctly wouldn't go astray.

Reply #899233 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings are a machine, nz did ok when kings played there bench. Rupert was there best, not convinced on any breakers imports.

Reply #899234 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Bullets extremely competitive against United having shirted Walker Mitchell and Harrison. Ie with just one import

Reply #899242 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

36ers back to back Blitz champs.

Good sign of bad omen?

Reply #899250 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

Good sign I reckon this year. Last year the Sixers never got Humphries back, which left a giant void in the team. Also, the quality of the imports this year is clearly much higher. Only real question mark for me is lack of proven bigs off the bench. Kai, Jaylin and Acuoth haven't given many good minutes so far. I feel confident this team can make the final 4 though.

Reply #899272 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754