Reader
Two years ago

NBL commentators back in the stadium

In the United v Phoenix game

Topic #50580 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

Where they belong.

United game though. Don't think we'll see this elsewhere this season.

Reply #903776 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

State / territory based commentators with in game commentary would be good but too costly for the nbl unfortunately.

Reply #903778 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Why would state based commentators be to expensive? That commentary today was fantastic, no dribble, game commentary.

Reply #903781 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

You would need lots of equipment and more commentators....

Reply #903782 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

They got more commentators than you need already. Surely every state has the equipment to be able to call the games. You only need one caller, one expert next to him and one on sideline. It can't be that hard.

Reply #903785 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Being able to do the full production in the studio has saved them a large amount of money. The only thing on site are the camera men, there are no OB vans or producers etc at different venues. It's all set up in one spot for the season.

Reply #903786 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Also that commentators can do back to back games rather than a separate crew for each

Reply #903789 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I wonder what made them go courtside for the game?

I get if you're a Melbourne based production it’s easier than doing it in another state, but why this game/doing it at all?

Seems like they had made a conscious decision to not do courtside commentary

Reply #903790 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I understand the cash savings from the hub are significant. I just think it's disingenuous running the commentary from an off-site location and doesn't make for *the* best broadcast product.

Reply #903791 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I thought Gazey thanked United for the invitation and paying the cost during the broadcast, just didn't get his cup tea at half time. ::::))))))

Reply #903792 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

"I just think it's disingenuous running the commentary from an off-site location and doesn't make for *the* best broadcast product."

To be honest I didn't notice much difference in the product.
If it is saving the league a lot of money to do the hub then it is understandable. Maybe they're testing out the in stadium solution with a view to using it for big occasions like the playoffs.

Reply #903803 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

For all finals games the nbl needs live commentating. I met Liam and almost got in touch with Gaze. They had a good time looking from my seat.

Reply #903836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754